As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I have a few questions.

1: Does Rocko's Modern Life still exist ITTL, even with the whole John K. fiasco?
2: Did you know that Stephen Hillenburg did a fair amount of work while on the Rocko staff?
And now for the clencher...
3: Can Spongebob be replaced by a reboot of Snorks?

Studio Chiefs as of 1994
@TheFaultsofAlts

- Yes, Rocko still exists. Remember, ITTL, it was Bob Camp who created Ren and Stimpy instead of John K.
- Yes, I do recall his name on the credits of a few Rocko episodes. Lest we forget Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh worked on it while pitching Phineas and Ferb to different networks.

Studio Chiefs as of 1994

Carolco: Roger Corman, Mario Kassar
Columbia-TriStar: Sherry Lansing
Disney: Walt Disney, Jr. (Chairman of the Board), Roy E. Disney (head of Walt Disney Pictures), Frank Wells (head of 20th Century-Fox)
DreamWorks: Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, David Geffen
Golden Harvest: Haim Saban, Raymond Chow
Henson: Jim Henson, Michael Eisner
Hollywood Pictures: Alan Ladd, Jr.
New Line: Bob Shaye
Paramount: Norman Lear
RKO: Rick McCallum
Turner: Cubby Broccoli (Chair emeritus)
Universal: George Lucas
Warner Bros: Richard Donner (Recently hired as of August 1, 1994)

@TheFaultsofAlts
- Yes, Rocko still exists. Remember, ITTL, it was Bob Camp who created Ren and Stimpy instead of John K.
- Yes, I do recall his name on the credits of a few Rocko episodes. Lest we forget Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh worked on it while pitching Phineas and Ferb to different networks.
So, there's a chance that Spongebob's worldbuilding will go to The Snorks, while his long-lasting lifespan will go to Phineas and Ferb? If so, then I'm all for this!
Studio Chiefs as of 1994
Carolco: Roger Corman, Mario Kassar
Columbia-TriStar: Sherry Lansing
Disney: Walt Disney, Jr. (Chairman of the Board), Roy E. Disney (head of Walt Disney Pictures), Frank Wells (head of 20th Century-Fox)
DreamWorks: Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, David Geffen
Golden Harvest: Haim Saban, Raymond Chow
Henson: Jim Henson, Michael Eisner
Hollywood Pictures: Alan Ladd, Jr.
New Line: Bob Shaye
Paramount: Norman Lear
RKO: Rick McCallum
Turner: Cubby Broccoli (Chair emeritus)
Universal: George Lucas
Warner Bros: Richard Donner (Recently hired as of August 1, 1994)
1: I am surprised that William Hanna, Joseph Barbera, Andy Heyward, and Ted Turner aren't mentioned in this list for Henson, Golden Harvest, and Turner, respectively. Ted Turner especially, as he's the founder of the conglomerate.
2: Everyone else, though, is A-OK in my book.

Entertainment News for Mid-August 1994
Doug Goes to Atlanta
After 52 episodes of Doug, Nickelodeon opted out of ordering the last 13 episodes of its 65 episode deal with creator Jim Jinkins and his production team Jumbo Pictures. Now, Jinkins and executive producer David Campbell are pulling up stakes and taking the series elsewhere. Reminiscent of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird adding their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the already vast Disney portfolio five years ago, Jinkins and Campbell have agreed in principle to bring Doug, Porkchop, Skeeter, Patty and the whole gang to the Cartoon Network beginning in October of 1995. Cartoon Network president Betty Cohen hopes Billy West will stay aboard to provide the titular character's voice. In the meantime, Jumbo Pictures will now collaborate with Ruby-Spears on new episodes which will begin production immediately.
- Entertainment Tonight

Turner Home Entertainment will take over home video distribution of Doug from Touchstone Home Video, beginning in the spring of 1996. In the meantime, Touchstone said in a press release that its third VHS/Laserdisc volume of Clarissa Explains it All, coming this November, will be dedicated to the memory of Colette St. Pierre, older sister of Gus St. Pierre who played Ferguson on the long-running series. The Turner/Touchstone transaction for Doug is more or less similar to Disney's takeover of the TMNT video distribution from Carolco-backed Family Home Entertainment (FHE) three years ago.
- Billboard

Cartoon historian Jerry Beck says the transfer of Doug from Nickelodeon to the Cartoon Network is not without precedent, but will not be the last time an unhappy creator decides to switch networks.
- Dave Marash; SBC Action News

Doug Goes to Atlanta
After 52 episodes of Doug, Nickelodeon opted out of ordering the last 13 episodes of its 65 episode deal with creator Jim Jinkins and his production team Jumbo Pictures. Now, Jinkins and executive producer David Campbell are pulling up stakes and taking the series elsewhere. Reminiscent of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird adding their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the already vast Disney portfolio five years ago, Jinkins and Campbell have agreed in principle to bring Doug, Porkchop, Skeeter, Patty and the whole gang to the Cartoon Network beginning in October of 1995. Cartoon Network president Betty Cohen hopes Billy West will stay aboard to provide the titular character's voice. In the meantime, Jumbo Pictures will now collaborate with Ruby-Spears on new episodes which will begin production immediately.
- Entertainment Tonight

Turner Home Entertainment will take over home video distribution of Doug from Touchstone Home Video, beginning in the spring of 1996. In the meantime, Touchstone said in a press release that its third VHS/Laserdisc volume of Clarissa Explains it All, coming this November, will be dedicated to the memory of Colette St. Pierre, older sister of Gus St. Pierre who played Ferguson on the long-running series. The Turner/Touchstone transaction for Doug is more or less similar to Disney's takeover of the TMNT video distribution from Carolco-backed Family Home Entertainment (FHE) three years ago.
- Billboard

Cartoon historian Jerry Beck says the transfer of Doug from Nickelodeon to the Cartoon Network is not without precedent, but will not be the last time an unhappy creator decides to switch networks.
- Dave Marash; SBC Action News
1: So, with this revelation, will there be an equivalent to Cartoon Cartoon Fridays on TTL's Cartoon Network? I can see Doug, Beavis and Butthead, and maybe a revival of Thundarr the Barbarian leading the pack, while Friday Night Nicktoons debuts much earlier with the OTL Cartoon Cartoons and Nicktoons families. Between the likes of Dexter, Johnny, and Courage & Tommy, Arnold, and Ickis, we might have a timeline where FNN becomes more successful than CCF.
2: How much of the show has been released on home video as of late?
3: This sounds both endearing and ominous at the same time.

Jinkins and Campbell have agreed in principle to bring Doug, Porkchop, Skeeter, Patty and the whole gang to the Cartoon Network beginning in October of 1995. Cartoon Network president Betty Cohen hopes Billy West will stay aboard to provide the titular character's voice. In the meantime, Jumbo Pictures will now collaborate with Ruby-Spears on new episodes which will begin production immediately.
WIll Toonami be affected by this timeline

1: So, with this revelation, will there be an equivalent to Cartoon Cartoon Fridays on TTL's Cartoon Network? I can see Doug, Beavis and Butthead, and maybe a revival of Thundarr the Barbarian leading the pack, while Friday Night Nicktoons debuts much earlier with the OTL Cartoon Cartoons and Nicktoons families. Between the likes of Dexter, Johnny, and Courage & Tommy, Arnold, and Ickis, we might have a timeline where FNN becomes more successful than CCF.
2: How much of the show has been released on home video as of late?
3: This sounds both endearing and ominous at the same time.
1) Beavis and Butthead stay at MTV for the moment, but Adult Swim is only seven years away.
2) Mostly "best-of" compilations.

1) Beavis and Butthead stay at MTV for the moment, but Adult Swim is only seven years away.
2) Mostly "best-of" compilations.
1: To be honest, I was kinda second-guessing the content libraries. My main question was if CCF and FNN still exist ITTL.
2: Oh. Okay.

1: To be honest, I was kinda second-guessing the content libraries. My main question was if CCF and FNN still exist ITTL.
2: Oh. Okay.
By the time we get to DVD, Touchstone will be able to do season box sets.

Forrest Gump (1994 Film)
Forrest Gump
140702154952-02-forrest-gump-restricted.jpg

Released by Paramount Pictures on August 12, 1994.

Cast and crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- Forrest Gump came out a month later than OTL to avoid getting crushed at the box office by Justice League 2, Speed and The Lion King.
- Like IOTL, the role of Forrest, Jr. was the silver screen debut of Haley Joel Osment, though he appeared in a few commercials prior to this film.
- At the tail end of the end credits, we see the following dedication: "In memory of Colette St. Pierre, a southern angel gone too soon; 1970-1994."​