As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

A clean and sober Greg Rhodes makes his first public appearances since entering court-ordered rehab last summer. Rhodes was on hand for the Buccaneers' home finale against the Denver Broncos, signing autographs for people who recognized him at the Big Sombrero. Last month, Rhodes appeared in an anti-heroin PSA in which he revealed how his addiction cost him several tentpole acting roles over the last two years and led to fellow former teen heartthrob Molly Ringwald severing contact with him.
Rhodes, who turns 25 in April, was the voice of Tom Sawyer in Huck's Landing, Taran in The Black Cauldron and Huey in DuckTales. Rhodes also provided the voice of Leonardo in the first and second Ninja Turtle live action films. However, because of his 1991 arrest for heroin possession, Rhodes was replaced by Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough for the third film.

On Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show on WFLZ-FM, Rhodes revealed he was introduced to heroin at the now-infamous Alphy's Soda Pop Club after the release of The Black Cauldron.
- The St. Petersburg Times

WWA Chairman Vince McMahon will stand trial on steroid charges.
- Entertainment Tonight

Barely a month after Gus St. Pierre, 16, finished his work on the final season of Clarissa Explains it All, his younger sister Blanche, 13, has been reported missing. Last summer, Gus's eldest half-sister Colette gained guardianship of the actor known for his role as Ferguson Darling on the Nickeloden sitcom. Blanche had just moved from Arabi, Louisiana to Simi Valley, California last September with her mother Bridgette and stepfather John Kricfalusi.
- Inside Edition

The Sports Page
Thanks to the success of the "Hare Jordan" Nike campaign, Warner Bros. fast tracks a Michael Jordan/Bugs Bunny movie for a Thanksgiving '96 release.
- Variety
1: I certainly hope that DuckTales has ended production before Rhodes's drug abuse.
2: Yeesh!
3: Uh oh.
4: This can only end badly. Has anyone got some flowers? Because a funeral's about to happen one way or another.
5: Say it with me now. COME ON AND SLAM! AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!

PNWKing

Banned
I think I know some people who could benefit from the same rehab center as John Belushi & Greg Rhodes:
Chris Farley
Chester Bennington
Kurt Cobain
Amy Winehouse
Whitney Houston
Anthony Bourdain
John Candy

kirbopher15

Kicked
I think I know some people who could benefit from the same rehab center as John Belushi & Greg Rhodes:
Chris Farley
Chester Bennington
Kurt Cobain
Amy Winehouse
Whitney Houston
Anthony Bourdain
John Candy
Speaking of John Candy how is he going @OldNavy1988 and can you give the brat pack contact with Wes Anderson for Rushmore

PNWKing

Banned
RUMOR: Bally's Hollywood Pictures is considering signing a director of a short film exhibited at Sundance entitled Bottle Rocket to a four-film deal.
-Variety

Iron Will (1994 Film)
Iron Will
8-8-iron-will.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures on January 14, 1994.

Notes
ITTL, most of the cast and crew are the same as OTL with one exception. Instead of Kevin Spacey, Nicolas Cage plays the part of newspaper reporter Harry Kingsley.​

PNWKing

Banned
I wonder if there is going to be a Star Wars prequels ITTL? I have an idea for the Star Wars prequels. Have the first film focus on the early life of Anakin Skywalker and his inevitable turn to the Dark Side (so the OTL prequels), have the second film focus on the early days of the Empire, and have the third film focus on the stolen Death Star plans mentioned in the beginning of Star Wars: A New Hope (so OTL's Rogue One).

I wonder if there is going to be a Star Wars prequels ITTL? I have an idea for the Star Wars prequels. Have the first film focus on the early life of Anakin Skywalker and his inevitable turn to the Dark Side (so the OTL prequels), have the second film focus on the early days of the Empire, and have the third film focus on the stolen Death Star plans mentioned in the beginning of Star Wars: A New Hope (so OTL's Rogue One).
There will indeed be a prequel trilogy.

Entertainment News for Late January 1994
"People forget that when I was at 20th Century-Fox, the studio was in dire straits in its final days as its own entity. Cleopatra had been a flop and I was hired to try to turn things around. By '75 when the board voted to sell to Walt Disney, Sr., it wasn't exactly a lightbulb turning on. It was a question of survival. Gareth [Wigan] and I stayed to help aid Fox's transition to becoming a fully owned subsidiary of the Disney conglomerate. That was also when George [Lucas] made the request to have the Fox fanfare open a picture he was getting ready to make called Star Wars. There's no way around it. Without 'Uncle Walt' as he'll be forever remembered, Fox would be extinct and a lot of the Japanese cartoons that they've released stateside in the years since would've faded into obscurity."
- Alan Ladd, Jr. (Chairman of Hollywood Pictures); Excerpts from an interview with Empire magazine.

General Electric's purchase of Westinghouse's stake in SBC has been approved by the Department of Justice.
- The Wall Street Journal

FART's selective outrage continues to outrage everyone else. While FART was busy trying to intimidate anyone offering a now clean and sober Greg Rhodes a second chance in Hollywood, they have been silent on the recent disappearance of Blanche St. Pierre. FART doesn't seem the least concerned that Bridgette St. Pierre hasn't really shed much tears when she went in front of the cameras to beg for Blanche to come home.
- Bill O'Reilly; Inside Edition.

By midsummer, The Disney Channel will transition from premium to basic cable.
- TV Guide.

The Sports Page
The carousel of franchise free agency takes a bizarre turn as Washington Heroes chairman Art Modell let slip that he is pondering an exit from our nation's capital after the 1995 season. At issue is funding for upgrades to RFK Stadium, which the Heroes share with the MLB Grays. The Grays meanwhile will play one last season at RFK before moving into their new ballpark in the Navy Yard neighborhood next year.
- SportsCenter

One way or another, Nashville mayor Phil Bredesen says his city will become major league. After losing out on the chance to lure the Vancouver Mounties, who are moving to Tampa Bay in 1995. Bredesen also tried to lure the Winnipeg Jets to Nashville, but was beaten to the punch by Clay Bennett, who is moving that club to Oklahoma City. Bredesen wouldn't say which other teams he is courting, but remains focused on his goal on bringing any team he can get to the home of country music.
- The Tennessean

Because of his conviction on two counts of bank fraud, Chargers owner Bruce McNall was banned for life from the NFL by Commissioner Paul Tagliabue a week ahead of Super Bowl XVIII. A special owners' meeting will be held afterwards to hear from potential buyers.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune

Could another US-based soccer league rise from the ashes of the NASL? Ask us again after the World Cup.
- The Sporting News

"People forget that when I was at 20th Century-Fox, the studio was in dire straits in its final days as its own entity. Cleopatra had been a flop and I was hired to try to turn things around. By '75 when the board voted to sell to Walt Disney, Sr., it wasn't exactly a lightbulb turning on. It was a question of survival. Gareth [Wigan] and I stayed to help aid Fox's transition to becoming a fully owned subsidiary of the Disney conglomerate. That was also when George [Lucas] made the request to have the Fox fanfare open a picture he was getting ready to make called Star Wars. There's no way around it. Without 'Uncle Walt' as he'll be forever remembered, Fox would be extinct and a lot of the Japanese cartoons that they've released stateside in the years since would've faded into obscurity."
- Alan Ladd, Jr. (Chairman of Hollywood Pictures); Excerpts from an interview with Empire magazine.

General Electric's purchase of Westinghouse's stake in SBC has been approved by the Department of Justice.

FART's selective outrage continues to outrage everyone else. While FART was busy trying to intimidate anyone offering a now clean and sober Greg Rhodes a second chance in Hollywood, they have been silent on the recent disappearance of Blanche St. Pierre. FART doesn't seem the least concerned that Bridgette St. Pierre hasn't really shed much tears when she went in front of the cameras to beg for Blanche to come home.
- Bill O'Reilly; Inside Edition.

By midsummer, The Disney Channel will transition from premium to basic cable.
- TV Guide.
1: Considering his current position in Hollywood, I'm afraid that Hollywood Pictures might be one of the least performing studios in the business. Not saying that's uncommon for them, but I am saying that the final pre-Disney head of Fox running things is skeptical at best.
2: As it should be.
3: Calling it now: By the end of the decade, century, and even millennium, FART will take itself out like the overstuffed trash bag it is.
4: A few years earlier than OTL? Count me in!

PNWKing

Banned
The fact that Bill "I got fired from Fox News for disrespecting women" O'Reilly is the one ripping into John Kricfalusi just shows how disgusting the man is. Also, poor Gus St. Pierre. He has to deal with his mom being a methhead and now his stepdad might have kidnapped his sister. Also, the fact that Greg Rhodes, after getting clean and sober from drugs he tried for the first time as a teen at a notorious hangout for pedophiles, is being shunned by a guy who was hopped up on prescription painkillers for most of his life (IOTL) just makes me feel sad for him.

The Sports Page
The carousel of franchise free agency takes a bizarre turn as Washington Heroes chairman Art Modell let slip that he is pondering an exit from our nation's capital after the 1995 season. At issue is funding for upgrades to RFK Stadium, which the Heroes share with the MLB Grays. The Grays meanwhile will play one last season at RFK before moving into their new ballpark in the Navy Yard neighborhood next year.
- SportsCenter

One way or another, Nashville mayor Phil Bredesen says his city will become major league. After losing out on the chance to lure the Vancouver Mounties, who are moving to Tampa Bay in 1995. Bredesen also tried to lure the Winnipeg Jets to Nashville, but was beaten to the punch by Clay Bennett, who is moving that club to Oklahoma City. Bredesen wouldn't say which other teams he is courting, but remains focused on his goal on bringing any team he can get to the home of country music.
- The Tennessean

Could another US-based soccer league rise from the ashes of the NASL? Ask us again after the World Cup.
- The Sporting News
1 - What are the SBC O&O stations?
2 - I’m hopeful that Art Modell won’t do it
3 - Nashville should be ready for a pro sport team (hope it’s not the Houston Oilers)
4 - Have the US soccer system have three pro tiers (under the American Soccer League name), a national non-league fourth tier, a fifth tier with a East League and a West League, and then tiers six to eight are regional leagues, all with Promotion and Relegation.

Last edited:
How long until FART is RIP?
They're probably not long for the 2000s or 2010s. People would eventually be tired of their constant BS and hypocrisy, writing them off after they disband. Heck, they'd probably be prime material for constant memes/parodies during that era. Even their name is good material for comedians.

PNWKing

Banned
Art Modell could always try and build a stadium on the OTL (now former) Volkswagen North America headquarters site in Herndon, VA. (IOTL, Volkswagen North America didn't move there until 2007.) I think Nashville should wait until the next NBA expansion (whenever that is.) I'm assuming that Bredesen (who IOTL served as Governor of Tennessee and ran for the US Senate there in 2018-the one thing notable about his campaign was that he was endorsed by Taylor Swift) has built OTL Bridgestone Arena already.

Art Modell could always try and build a stadium on the OTL (now former) Volkswagen North America headquarters site in Herndon, VA. (IOTL, Volkswagen North America didn't move there until 2007.) I think Nashville should wait until the next NBA expansion (whenever that is.) I'm assuming that Bredesen (who IOTL served as Governor of Tennessee and ran for the US Senate there in 2018-the one thing notable about his campaign was that he was endorsed by Taylor Swift) has built OTL Bridgestone Arena already.
Ground has just been broken on the Bridgestone Arena.