As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

One more thing, what should Panasonic's console be named?

Luna
Titan
Hydra
Callisto
Tengu
If we're going to have Molly the Mermaid be their mascot, and potentially their biggest launch title, I'd go with Hydra for the console's name. It would fit the asthetic of Molly, being "Hydro" for water, while also leaving an option open for a second concurrent mascot for the company once Gex enters the picture, with the Greek Hydra monster having one head at first, but then multiple heads.

If we're going to have Molly the Mermaid be their mascot, and potentially their biggest launch title, I'd go with Hydra for the console's name. It would fit the asthetic of Molly, being "Hydro" for water, while also leaving an option open for a second concurrent mascot for the company once Gex enters the picture, with the Greek Hydra monster having one head at first, but then multiple heads.
In my different channel timeline over on implauable atlernate history wiki I went with Ace as the name of the first pansonic gaming consle. All further console went by with playing card themed names

If the pansonic console comes out in 1995 then gex may be a launch title because the first gex game came out that year.

I really like the Rubicon name for some reason. I know that mermaids are usually known for being ocean-faring creatures but if Panasonic uses rivers as a theme for their consoles I won't mind (Orinoco, Colorado, Danube, Yangtze, Ganges, etc. are all catchy names).

Okay, using @PNWKing 's post as a base, I put together the technical specs for the Panasonic console. Overall, its a mix of what the 3DO and a bit of the original Playstation.
Panasonic Project Hydra

CPU: 1 32-bit PowerPC MPC 500 developed by NEC, clocked at 50 MHz.
GPU: 1 32-bit NEC V80 co-manufactured by NEC and Panasonic, clocked at 25 MHz.
Soundchip: 1 16-bit ToshibaT776A 16-bit stereo sound and 1 HItachi SH1 for mixing
Stereo CDDA playback.
44.1 kHz sound sampling rate
Supports 4-Channel Dolby Surround sound
Custom 20-bit digital signal processor (DSP) – 20-bit accumulator with 16-bit parameter registers for extended precision, embedded in the CLIO chip.
13 DMA channels of digital input, to be sampled, and distorted by the DSP.
Memory: 2MB of RAM, 1MB of VRAM, and 2 expansion ports for extra memory and Modem add-on.
Controller Ports: 2 on the front end of the console. The Hydra controller is the first console that includes an eight direction analog joystick, a d-pad, and a six button face layout. The buttons are as follows: A,B,C,X,Y,Z, a start button for pausing and a home button to take you back to the main menu, and a L and R triggers on the top of the button.
Media: CD-ROM capable of holding 700 MB of data. The CD Drive is a Panasonic double speed drive capable of transferring 300 kb/s
Launch Date: Early 95 in Japan, Late 95 in North America.
So @Goldwind2 @TheFaultsofAlts @PNWKing @OldNavy1988 , do you guys think this will work and if not, is there anything you think could be done better?

Okay, using @PNWKing 's post as a base, I put together the technical specs for the Panasonic console. Overall, its a mix of what the 3DO and a bit of the original Playstation.

So @Goldwind2 @TheFaultsofAlts @PNWKing @OldNavy1988 , do you guys think this will work and if not, is there anything you think could be done better?
I think this would very well work. Maybe we can have the console priced at $349, the middle point between the OTL PlayStation's launch price and the OTL 3DO's launch price.

PNWKing

Banned
Has there been any discussion about Batman 3. In terms of possible villains, you could use Scarecrow, Bane, the Riddler, or even Poison Ivy.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
aa92ca3ac92d08cdcc3d872d4024a024e09ad3f7.jpg

Released theatrically by Columbia Pictures on December 25, 1993.

Animation produced by
Screen Gems

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- Columbia's marketing campaign for the film began in late August. IOTL, Warner Bros. released the film on short notice, which wound up depressing box office turnout.
- Kevin Conroy and Dana Delany were scheduled to record additional lines on September 24, but were given the day off when Columbia and Screen Gems executives learned of Walt Disney, Sr.'s passing.
- A dedication to Walt, Sr. is displayed in white text over black before the Columbia logo opens the film.​
Easily the best Batman film.

PNWKing

Banned
Leonardo DiCaprio, Marlon Wayans, Danny Dyer, Milo Ventimiglia, Ben Affleck, Ewan McGregor, Mark Wahlberg, Toby Stephens, Matt Damon, Jude Law, Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, and Scott Speedman were all considered for Robin. There's always the option of just using Chris O'Donnell.

Entertainment News for Mid-January 1994
The erstwhile Vancouver Mounties, soon to be the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, sell 25,000+ season tickets ahead of their 1995 move.
- The Tampa Tribune

A clean and sober Greg Rhodes makes his first public appearances since entering court-ordered rehab last summer. Rhodes was on hand for the Buccaneers' home finale against the Denver Broncos, signing autographs for people who recognized him at the Big Sombrero. Last month, Rhodes appeared in an anti-heroin PSA in which he revealed how his addiction cost him several tentpole acting roles over the last two years and led to fellow former teen heartthrob Molly Ringwald severing contact with him.

Rhodes, who turns 25 in April, was the voice of Tom Sawyer in Huck's Landing, Taran in The Black Cauldron and Huey in DuckTales. Rhodes also provided the voice of Leonardo in the first and second Ninja Turtle live action films. However, because of his 1991 arrest for heroin possession, Rhodes was replaced by Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough for the third film.

On Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show on WFLZ-FM, Rhodes revealed he was introduced to heroin at the now-infamous Alphy's Soda Pop Club after the release of The Black Cauldron.
- The St. Petersburg Times

WWA Chairman Vince McMahon will stand trial on steroid charges.
- Entertainment Tonight

Barely a month after Gus St. Pierre, 16, finished his work on the final season of Clarissa Explains it All, his younger sister Blanche, 13, has been reported missing. Last summer, Gus's eldest half-sister Colette gained guardianship of the actor known for his role as Ferguson Darling on the Nickeloden sitcom. Blanche had just moved from Arabi, Louisiana to Simi Valley, California last September with her mother Bridgette and stepfather John Kricfalusi.
- Inside Edition

The Sports Page
The World League will shift its regular season a month ahead to accommodate some of its US markets' preparations for the upcoming FIFA World Cup.
- SportsCenter

Thanks to the success of the "Hare Jordan" Nike campaign, Warner Bros. fast tracks a Michael Jordan/Bugs Bunny movie for a Thanksgiving '96 release.
- Variety

A clean and sober Greg Rhodes makes his first public appearances since entering court-ordered rehab last summer. Rhodes was on hand for the Buccaneers' home finale against the Denver Broncos, signing autographs for people who recognized him at the Big Sombrero. Last month, Rhodes appeared in an anti-heroin PSA in which he revealed how his addiction cost him several tentpole acting roles over the last two years and led to fellow former teen heartthrob Molly Ringwald severing contact with him.

Rhodes, who turns 25 in April, was the voice of Tom Sawyer in Huck's Landing, Taran in The Black Cauldron and Huey in DuckTales. Rhodes also provided the voice of Leonardo in the first and second Ninja Turtle live action films. However, because of his 1991 arrest for heroin possession, Rhodes was replaced by Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough for the third film.
Well that's a good thing for Greg Rhodes to turn over a new leaf from heroin addiction. Hopefully it sticks, although it'll be difficult, considering the difficulty to get away from heroin/opiate addiction and its extreme withdrawal.

Barely a month after Gus St. Pierre, 16, finished his work on the final season of Clarissa Explains it All, his younger sister Blanche, 13, has been reported missing. Last summer, Gus's eldest half-sister Colette gained guardianship of the actor known for his role as Ferguson Darling on the Nickeloden sitcom. Blanche had just moved from Arabi, Louisiana to Simi Valley, California last September with her mother Bridgette and stepfather John Kricfalusi.
This is NOT good. Why can't Gus just catch a break from all of this nonsense?

EDIT #1:
Thanks to the success of the "Hare Jordan" Nike campaign, Warner Bros. fast tracks a Michael Jordan/Bugs Bunny movie for a Thanksgiving '96 release.
- Variety
I'm assuming this is Space Jam, right?

Last edited: