As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I wonder if Panasonic could enter the console market ITTL?
They'd have to go about it the same way Sony did with the Ps1:

1. Reach out to the established third party companies and implement their feedback when making their console.
2.Offer a much better licensing deal when bringing over titles to the platform I.e the licensing fee has to be single digits for each game rather than double digits.
3.Be prepared to lose a fair amount of money and time creating a good base of customers.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993 Film)
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
aa92ca3ac92d08cdcc3d872d4024a024e09ad3f7.jpg

Released theatrically by Columbia Pictures on December 25, 1993.

Animation produced by
Screen Gems

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- Columbia's marketing campaign for the film began in late August. IOTL, Warner Bros. released the film on short notice, which wound up depressing box office turnout.
- Kevin Conroy and Dana Delany were scheduled to record additional lines on September 24, but were given the day off when Columbia and Screen Gems executives learned of Walt Disney, Sr.'s passing.
- A dedication to Walt, Sr. is displayed in white text over black before the Columbia logo opens the film.​

I wonder if Panasonic could enter the console market ITTL?
Panasonic was part of the 3DO consortium. When the 3DO consortium broke up, Panasonic was planing to create console based on an unreleased 3DO peripheral device . The console was suppose to be called the M2. I believe that Panasonic decided to not release the M2 due to Microsoft announcing the Xbox.

Any questions, comments, etc. before we get to January 1994?
How did The Hub tackle the death of Walt Sr.? We know they're capable of big celebrations with their launch schedule for last year being a preview special, the 1993 New Years Eve ball drop, and a full 24-hour marathon of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I think Panasonic could work with Squaresoft, Enix, Tecmo, Koei, Capcom, and Midway.
They will still need to bring in Acclaim, EA, Konami, Namco, and SNK to have a good shot.
Panasonic was part of the 3DO consortium. When the 3DO consortium broke up, Panasonic was planing to create console based on an unreleased 3DO peripheral device . The console was suppose to be called the M2. I believe that Panasonic decided to not release the M2 due to Microsoft announcing the Xbox.

Panasonic M2 Technical Specs​

This would have been better than the fifth generation systems, but only barely. Compared to the sixth generation consoles, not a chance.

How did The Hub tackle the death of Walt Sr.? We know they're capable of big celebrations with their launch schedule for last year being a preview special, the 1993 New Years Eve ball drop, and a full 24-hour marathon of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

The Hub handled Walt, Sr.'s death in a much more subdued manner. A two hour retrospective hosted by Robby Benson was broadcast from The Hub's Times Square studios.

Any questions, comments, etc. before we get to January 1994?
Anything different to report on the UK theme park scene? Take it like in the original TL is that the M&D's space will be taken up by something a lot better? As a Scot I crave for a decent theme park compared to the horrors that we have, hehe.

PNWKing

Banned
Here's my idea for specs for a Panasonic console:
  • Full CD drive.
  • A 32 bit processor developed by NEC.
  • 4 sound chips developed by a consortium of NEC, Panasonic, Toshiba, & Hitachi.
  • 2 slots: one for a modem and the other for potential expansion.
How does all this sound for a 1994 release? Yes, I am aware that the modem slot seems a little early for 1994, but Nintendo offered a service in partnership with Japanese company St.GIGA, entitled Satellaview, that served similar functions (minus online play) for the SNES. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview. This is the Wikipedia page for Satellaview.

Here's my idea for specs for a Panasonic console:
  • Full CD drive.
  • A 32 bit processor developed by NEC.
  • 4 sound chips developed by a consortium of NEC, Panasonic, Toshiba, & Hitachi.
  • 2 slots: one for a modem and the other for potential expansion.
How does all this sound for a 1994 release? Yes, I am aware that the modem slot seems a little early for 1994, but Nintendo offered a service in partnership with Japanese company St.GIGA, entitled Satellaview, that served similar functions (minus online play) for the SNES. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview. This is the Wikipedia page for Satellaview.
I got a couple ideas for a pansonic gaming console mascot. Howerver I already suggested to Rysenkiria for his gaming timelines and he used them just not as pansonic mascot. I will only feel conformatle leting you use them if rysenkia say it is ok.

The Mounties Leave Vancouver
MOUNTIES COMING TO TAMPA BAY IN '95
The Tampa Tribune
January 1, 1994
The MLB owners approve the sale of the Vancouver Mounties from Nelson Skalbania to Vince Naimoli (below), who plans to move the franchise to Tampa Bay for the 1995 season. At a news conference to announce the transaction, Naimoli gave the world a preview of the Mounties' new name and logo for their move to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. The future Devil Rays will play at the Florida Suncoast Dome in St. Petersburg while construction begins on a new ballpark adjacent to Tampa's Channelside, which is also where the NHL Lightning are building their new arena. In the meantime, the Mounties will play a farewell season in Vancouver, due in large part to the shrinkage of the Canadian dollar in recent years.
29naimoli01-superJumbo.jpg

American League Realignment for 1995
AL WestAL SouthAL CentralAL East
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Portland Beavers
Seattle Mariners
Denver Zephyrs
Kansas City Monarchs
Texas Rangers
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Guardians
Detroit Tigers
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Washington Grays

Last edited:
MOUNTIES COMING TO TAMPA BAY IN '95
The Tampa Tribune
January 1, 1994
The MLB owners approve the sale of the Vancouver Mounties from Nelson Skalbania to Vince Naimoli (below), who plans to move the franchise to Tampa Bay for the 1995 season. At a news conference to announce the transaction, Naimoli gave the world a preview of the Mounties' new name and logo for their move to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. The future Devil Rays will play at the Florida Suncoast Dome in St. Petersburg while construction begins on a new ballpark adjacent to Tampa's Channelside, which is also where the NHL Lightning are building their new arena. In the meantime, the Mounties will play a farewell season in Vancouver, due in large part to the shrinkage of the Canadian dollar in recent years.
29naimoli01-superJumbo.jpg

American League Realignment for 1995
AL WestAL SouthAL CentralAL East
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Portland Beavers
Seattle Mariners
Denver Zephyrs
Kansas City Royals
Texas Rangers
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Guardians
Detroit Tigers
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Washington Grays
Hey @OldNavy1988 how is Wes Anderson doing

Ross perrot formed the reform party in 1995. Does think that the bundygate would cause Ross perot to speed up the formation of the reform party. I like the idea of it participating in the 1994 and wiing a few seats.

PNWKing

Banned
I had an idea for a Panasonic game system mascot, actually. A mermaid named Molly the Mermaid. She is a mermaid that wears a one-piece bathing suit kind of resembling the famed actress Esther Williams. She has light skin and black hair. (I gave her black hair so as not to look like Ariel from the Little Mermaid.)