As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
Check out the convo for fictional artists & actors. I've got a good person who could create Freakazoid! right there.

PNWKing

Banned
@OldNavy1988, if you are a regular reader of Hippie In The House of Mouse (and I can see why you wouldn't be, because you'd be afraid of subconsciously remembering something and using it in As Dreamers Do.) you are familiar with Rupert Holmes a Court. I wonder if Holmes a Court can show up here ITTL. Maybe he could buy something big like K-Mart, Sears, or Blockbuster. He could also buy the Ms. Universe Pageant. @Goldwind2 keeps suggesting that Jordan Belfort buy that, but I feel like Belfort should be more his own person rather than a copy-paste of Donald Trump.

PNWKing

Banned
I'd assume Presidents Iacocca, Bundy, and Cuomo used heavily armored limousines. I'll guess that President Iacocca would have found a suitable Ford or Chrysler model, while Bundy would have found Cadillac. Cuomo might try and see if he could get an Italian brand as a nod to his heritage, but he could prefer Cadillac or maybe try Chrysler as a link between himself and Iacocca after the controversies of the Bundy administration.

@OldNavy1988, if you are a regular reader of Hippie In The House of Mouse (and I can see why you wouldn't be, because you'd be afraid of subconsciously remembering something and using it in As Dreamers Do.) you are familiar with Rupert Holmes a Court. I wonder if Holmes a Court can show up here ITTL. Maybe he could buy something big like K-Mart, Sears, or Blockbuster. He could also buy the Ms. Universe Pageant. @Goldwind2 keeps suggesting that Jordan Belfort buy that, but I feel like Belfort should be more his own person rather than a copy-paste of Donald Trump.
Holmes a Court passed away pretty young IOTL. How was his health?

I know that we're a few months ahead, but what was the launch of The Hub like?

The launch of the Hub took place on December 31, 1992. The first hours of the Hub's existence consisted of a preview special followed by footage of the ball drop at Times Square from One Astor Plaza, which is the Viacom building and MTV's Times Square studio IOTL.

After that, there was a Rocky and Bullwinkle marathon that took up the entire broadcast schedule for January 1, 1993.

The launch of the Hub took place on December 31, 1992. The first hours of the Hub's existence consisted of a preview special followed by footage of the ball drop at Times Square from One Astor Plaza, which is the Viacom building and MTV's Times Square studio IOTL.

After that, there was a Rocky and Bullwinkle marathon that took up the entire broadcast schedule for January 1, 1993.
Cool. Thanks for keeping that in mind.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993 Film)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
MV5BY2I3MDdkNjAtOGU0NC00NjIwLTg2MWUtNTAwZTIyZDJkYjk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ4ODE4MzQ@._V1_.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures and 20th Century-Fox on March 19, 1993.

Directed by
Frank Oz [1]

Screenplay by
Todd W. Langen
Linda Woolverton

Based on the characters created by
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird

Usagi Yojimbo created by and used with permission from
Stan Sakai

Music by
John Du Prez

Live Action Cast
Judith Hoag as April O'Neil
Elias Koteas as Casey Jones
Helena Bonham Carter as Irma Langinstein
Uma Thurman as Renet Tilley
Warwick Davis as Lord Simultaneous
Vivian Wu as Karai

Voices
Howie Dorough as Leonardo [2]
Josh Pais as Raphael
Robbie Rist as Michelangelo
Corey Feldman as Donatello
Pat Morita as Usagi Yojimbo
George Takei as Splinter
Roderick Toombs as Rocksteady
Bill Paxton as Bebop
Pat Fraley as Krang

Notes
[1] Frank Oz was brought in because of his experience with puppet characters and because Steve Barron had a prior commitment to direct Coneheads for RKO.
[2] The voice of Leonardo was recast after Greg Rhodes' 1991 heroin arrest. Howie's previous acting experience had been one scene in the Steve Martin film Parenthood and the pilot for Nickelodeon's Welcome Freshmen alongside Gus St. Pierre and A.J. McLean. Later this year, Howie will have another small role in the Burt Reynolds comedy A Cop and A Half.

And one more thing...
The costume Uma wears in the film as Renet looks something similar to the fanart below with grayish-blue pantyhose instead of exposed skin like in the cover of Issue 8 of the original Mirage comic.
Drawn IOTL by DeviantArt user lorna-ka.
0498ce8715de80df066f26d301d5d6f0.jpg

Issue 8 cover drawn IOTL by Kevin Eastman for comparison:
d20407758d109c6067dddca5d12917a4.jpg

Merchandise
- Fast food tie-in with Pizza Hut.
- Trading cards by Topps.
- T-shirts and sweatshirts made by No Fear.
- Video game adaptation developed by Konami for the Atari Wildcat.
- Comic adaptation by Harvey.
- Soundtrack on CD, cassette and vinyl by Walt Disney Records.
- A parade at each of the Disney castle theme parks.
- Action figured by Playmates Toys.​

Last edited:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
MV5BY2I3MDdkNjAtOGU0NC00NjIwLTg2MWUtNTAwZTIyZDJkYjk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ4ODE4MzQ@._V1_.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures and 20th Century-Fox on March 19, 1993.

Directed by
Frank Oz [1]

Screenplay by
Todd W. Langen
Linda Woolverton

Based on the characters created by
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird

Usagi Yojimbo created by and used with permission from
Stan Sakai

Music by
John Du Prez

Live Action Cast
Judith Hoag as April O'Neil
Elias Koteas as Casey Jones
Helena Bonham Carter as Irma Langinstein
Uma Thurman as Renet Tilley
Warwick Davis as Lord Simultaneous
Vivian Wu as Karai

Voices
Howie Dorough as Leonardo [2]
Josh Pais as Raphael
Robbie Rist as Michelangelo
Corey Feldman as Donatello
Pat Morita as Usagi Yojimbo
George Takei as Splinter
Roderick Toombs as Rocksteady
Bill Paxton as Bebop
Pat Fraley as Krang

Notes
[1] Frank Oz was brought in because of his experience with puppet characters and because Steve Barron had a prior commitment to direct Coneheads for RKO.
[2] The voice of Leonardo was recast after Greg Rhodes' 1991 heroin arrest. Howie's previous acting experience had been one scene in the Steve Martin film Parenthood and the pilot for Nickelodeon's Welcome Freshmen alongside Gus St. Pierre and A.J. McLean. Later this year, Howie will have another small role in the Burt Reynolds comedy A Cop and A Half.

And one more thing...
The costume Uma wears in the film as Renet looks something similar to the fanart below with grayish-blue pantyhose instead of exposed skin like in the cover of Issue 8 of the original Mirage comic.
Drawn IOTL by DeviantArt user lorna-ka.
0498ce8715de80df066f26d301d5d6f0.jpg

Issue 8 cover drawn IOTL by Kevin Eastman for comparison:
d20407758d109c6067dddca5d12917a4.jpg
Were the reviews more favourable then IOTL

Late Night Programming as of Spring 1993
ABC
- ABC After Dark with Greg Kinnear (Coming in September)
- WWA Saturday Night Main Event

CBS
- The Late Show with Jay Leno
- The Late Late Show with Dennis Miller

NBC
- The Tonight Show with David Letterman (Monday thru Friday)
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien (Coming in September)
- Saturday Night Live

SBC
- The SBC Sports Machine with George Michael
- Charlie Rose

Fox
- Up Late with Arsenio Hall

- Late Night with Conan O'Brien (Coming in September)
Was Conan O'Brien also part of the Simpsons before leaving to do his Late Night show?

- WWA Saturday Night Main Event
So, WWA (aka the former WWF) Main Event is still airing ITTL longer on ABC then OTL with NBC. I Like it. Though, if you have a chance, can you do a summary on the Pro Wrestling scene here in North America (Japan maybe if either WCW and WWA have a deal with AJPW and NJPW) and is AWA dead here like is was by this time OTL?

Was Conan O'Brien also part of the Simpsons before leaving to do his Late Night show?

So, WWA (aka the former WWF) Main Event is still airing ITTL longer on ABC then OTL with NBC. I Like it. Though, if you have a chance, can you do a summary on the Pro Wrestling scene here in North America (Japan maybe if either WCW and WWA have a deal with AJPW and NJPW) and is AWA dead here like is was by this time OTL?
Yes he was.

AWA has pretty much gone out of business. Paul Heyman is about to take charge at a little promotion in Philly called ECW.