As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

If you're referring to the Saturn car company, it's already making cars since 1990.
Think he meant the Sega Saturn. Though, I am curious if the Pontiac cars will still be a thing ITTL. I was going to ask in your old American Magic but you switch to this one before I could ask. (I actually am fond of the Pontiac brand since I was a kid despite not being a car guy.)

Also is Puyo Puyo going to be release normally without alterations (aka not becoming Mean Bean Machine). And if I can make a suggestion, can we have Panel de Pon (Puzzle League/Tetris Attack/ Pokémon Puzzle League-Challenge (GBC)) be release to the US and become popular ITTL. I really like Panel de Pon (and recently bought it Game Boy release (under Tetris Attack) the other day), it a fun, fast pace, and enjoyable puzzle game that deserve better then what it gets OTL.

EuroDisney aka Disneyland Valencia (1992 Theme Park Grand Opening)
EuroDisney
(Marketed Locally as Disneyland Valencia)
AdobeStock_367793673_Editorial_Use_Only-1-scaled.jpeg

Located in the suburbs west of Valencia, Spain on a 2300 acre site south of Autovia A-3 and east of the Autovia del Mediterraneo (Below). The existing railroad was incorporated into the resort for accessibility by train.
ic8VhPR.png

The Grand Opening for Disneyland Valencia was held on June 25, 1992. Televised coverage of the opening was shown on tape delay as a special edition of the anthology series the following Sunday night at 8 PM Eastern and Pacific on Fox.

Special Guests for the Televised Version
The Gypsy Kings
Charo (Co-Host of the Spanish Version)
Antonio Banderas
Jose Carreras
Alfred Molina
Rita Moreno
Ricardo Montalban (Co-Host of the Spanish Version)
Gloria Estefan
Tina Turner
Peter Gabriel
Matt Groening
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird
Stan Lee
Mark Hamill
Michael J. Fox
Neil Patrick Harris
Laura Branigan
Diana Ross

Speeches given in English by
Walt Disney, Jr. (Chairman of the Board and CEO; Disney Enterprises, Inc.)
Roy E. Disney (Vice chairman; Disney Enterprises, Inc.)
Frank Wells (Chairman; 20th Century-Fox)

OPENING DAY ATTRACTIONS
Main Street USA

Disneyland Railroad; Main Street Station
Hand-Drawn Streetcars
Discovery Arcade
Tesla Terrace: A Disney retelling of engineering feats through history.
Barber of Seville (aka Dapper Dan's Haircuts)

Discoveryland (The space-themed realm)
Star Tours (Excursiones de las Estrellas)
Space Mountain
Captain EO
The ET Adventure (Aventura del Extraterrestre)

Frontierland
Isla de Tom Sawyer
El Desembarco de Huck
(Splash Mountain w/ Huck's Landing characters)
Mansion Fantasma (Haunted Manion/Phantom Manor)
Gran Montaña del Trueno (Thunder Mountain)

Adventureland
Las Piratas del Caribe (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Indiana Jones y el Templo Del Peligro (Temple of Peril from OTL Paris)
Casa del árbol de la Familia Suiza Robinson (Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse)

Fantasyland
Sleeping Beauty Castle
Don Quixote's Carousel
It's a Small World
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan's Flight
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
Pinocchio's Fantastic Journey
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride​

EuroDisney
(Marketed Locally as Disneyland Valencia)
AdobeStock_367793673_Editorial_Use_Only-1-scaled.jpeg

Located in the suburbs west of Valencia, Spain on a 2300 acre site south of Autovia A-3 and east of the Autovia del Mediterraneo (Below). The existing railroad was incorporated into the resort for accessibility by train.
ic8VhPR.png

The Grand Opening for Disneyland Valencia was held on June 25, 1992. Televised coverage of the opening was shown on tape delay as a special edition of the anthology series the following Sunday night at 8 PM Eastern and Pacific on Fox.

Special Guests for the Televised Version
The Gypsy Kings
Charo (Co-Host of the Spanish Version)
Antonio Banderas
Jose Carreras
Alfred Molina
Rita Moreno
Ricardo Montalban (Co-Host of the Spanish Version)
Gloria Estefan
Tina Turner
Peter Gabriel
Matt Groening
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird
Stan Lee
Mark Hamill
Michael J. Fox
Neil Patrick Harris
Laura Branigan
Diana Ross

Speeches given in English by
Walt Disney, Jr. (Chairman of the Board and CEO; Disney Enterprises, Inc.)
Roy E. Disney (Vice chairman; Disney Enterprises, Inc.)
Frank Wells (Chairman; 20th Century-Fox)

OPENING DAY ATTRACTIONS
Main Street USA

Disneyland Railroad; Main Street Station
Hand-Drawn Streetcars
Discovery Arcade
Tesla Terrace: A Disney retelling of engineering feats through history.
Barber of Seville (aka Dapper Dan's Haircuts)

Discoveryland (The space-themed realm)
Star Tours (Excursiones de las Estrellas)
Space Mountain
Captain EO
The ET Adventure (Aventura del Extraterrestre)

Frontierland
Isla de Tom Sawyer
El Desembarco de Huck
(Splash Mountain w/ Huck's Landing characters)
Mansion Fantasma (Haunted Manion/Phantom Manor)
Gran Montaña del Trueno (Thunder Mountain)

Adventureland
Las Piratas del Caribe (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Indiana Jones y el Templo Del Peligro (Temple of Peril from OTL Paris)
Casa del árbol de la Familia Suiza Robinson (Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse)

Fantasyland
Sleeping Beauty Castle
Don Quixote's Carousel
It's a Small World
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan's Flight
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
Pinocchio's Fantastic Journey
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride​
I thought we were going to get spider man

Is Space Mountain the same as OTL orginal version for I'd hate for it not to have The wonderful Jules Verne themeing that they have butchered recently.

Will we see the 20k Sub ride from WDW make it sometime soon in this version of Discoveryland?

I'm surprised that Discoveryland is even a thing in this timeline considering Walt Disney Sr. is still alive. Guess he and Jr. had no objections to radically change the land to suit Tony Baxter's ideas.

Is Space Mountain the same as OTL orginal version for I'd hate for it not to have The wonderful Jules Verne themeing that they have butchered recently.
If Discoveryland has the same theming then there's no reason for Space Mountain to be any different in Euro Disneyland.

Last edited:
I thought we were going to get spider man
We are, but I had been neglecting to do an update on EuroDisney.

Will we see the 20k Sub ride from WDW make it sometime soon in this version of Discoveryland?
Yeah, I didn't want to see Baxter's ideas go to waste.

I'm surprised that Discoveryland is even a thing in this timeline considering Walt Disney Sr. is still alive. Guess he and Jr. had no objections to radically change the land to suit Tony Baxter's ideas.

If Discoveryland has the same theming then there's no reason for Space Mountain to be any different in Euro Disneyland.
Like I said, I didn't want Baxter's ideas to go to waste.

Entertainment News for Early July 1992
EuroDisney opens to rave reviews.
- USA Today

Fish Police
moves to TNT for its second season.
- Entertainment Tonight

Mario Cuomo is the leading nominee heading into the upcoming DNC. Jerry Brown, Bill Clinton, Paul Tsongas and Al Gore are not too far behind, though.
- CNN

Golden Harvest of America has entered negotiations with PolyGram Video, Hollywood Pictures Home Entertainment (Formerly Media Home Entertainment), Carolco Home Video, New Line Home Video (Formerly Vestron Video) and Columbia-TriStar Home Video for the home video distribution rights.
- Billboard

Golden Harvest of America acquires the North American rights to the Japanese live action series Dinosaur Squad Zyuranger.
- Variety

- USA Today

Fish Police
- Entertainment Tonight

Mario Cuomo is the leading nominee heading into the upcoming DNC. Jerry Brown, Bill Clinton, Paul Tsongas and Al Gore are not too far behind, though.
- CNN

Golden Harvest of America has entered negotiations with PolyGram Video, Hollywood Pictures Home Entertainment (Formerly Media Home Entertainment), Carolco Home Video, New Line Home Video (Formerly Vestron Video) and Columbia-TriStar Home Video for the home video distribution rights.
- Billboard

Golden Harvest of America acquires the North American rights to the Japanese live action series Dinosaur Squad Zyuranger.
- Variety
1: The exact opposite to the result IOTL. Not too bad, man.
2: Would Capitol Critters get the same relocation? Just curious.
3: It's a good thing this is a pop culture timeline. Otherwise, we'd see a much more cynical view on the world.
4: I'd go with Columbia-TriStar Home Video on this.
5: So, Golden Harvest of America is going to be responsible for Power Rangers? In that case, I'm glad that Saban merged with DIC, as without that merger AND without PR, they'd probably have gone under much sooner.

Think he meant the Sega Saturn. Though, I am curious if the Pontiac cars will still be a thing ITTL. I was going to ask in your old American Magic but you switch to this one before I could ask. (I actually am fond of the Pontiac brand since I was a kid despite not being a car guy.)
Well you weren’t wrong.
Also is Puyo Puyo going to be release normally without alterations (aka not becoming Mean Bean Machine). And if I can make a suggestion, can we have Panel de Pon (Puzzle League/Tetris Attack/ Pokémon Puzzle League-Challenge (GBC)) be release to the US and become popular ITTL. I really like Panel de Pon (and recently bought it Game Boy release (under Tetris Attack) the other day), it a fun, fast pace, and enjoyable puzzle game that deserve better then what it gets OTL.
If that were possible, then would it be possible?

- USA Today

Fish Police
- Entertainment Tonight

- CNN

- Billboard

- Variety
I like the idea of Cuomo Tsongas ticket.

- Variety
I wonder what changes ITTL will do to MMPR compared to OTL. Hopefully if ITTL Power Rangers gets second season, it would just adapt the Dairangers suit (not just White Ranger suit) but keep Lord Zedd as the main villain.

I wonder what changes ITTL will do to MMPR compared to OTL. Hopefully if ITTL Power Rangers gets second season, it would just adapt the Dairangers suit (not just White Ranger suit) but keep Lord Zedd as the main villain.
I think it will require Toei to reject doing the Zyu2 footage straight up in order for Power Rangers to get the Dairanger footage + suits.

Like I said, I didn't want Baxter's ideas to go to waste.
Fair enough. I think Tony Baxter's ideas for Discovery Bay/Discoveryland are impressive enough to blow away old Walt and Walt Jr., so I can see it being a reality here, even if I would've preferred a standard Tomorrowland because Walt is alive ITTL.

Very nice.

I think it will require Toei to reject doing the Zyu2 footage straight up in order for Power Rangers to get the Dairanger footage + suits.
And I am okay with this. Though, I would like if Toei would help create some original monsters for MMPR starting with Season 2 and 3.

Something I forgot to add in my last post, I would rather have the thrud season keep the Dairangers suits and keep the Alien Rangers stuff. Basically have the MMPR team use the Ninja Megazord while the Shogun Megazord and Battleborgs (the third mechs that the Alien Rangers use without needing to pilot them.)

Basically have the Alien Rangers more importants to the main story. Still keep the season ending episode the same so you have them become the Zeo Rangers next season.

Spider-Man (1992 Film)
Spider-Man
leo-dicaprio-spiderman.jpg

Released by 20th Century-Fox on July 1, 1992.

Based upon the characters created by
Steve Ditko
Stan Lee

Directed by
Fred Dekker

Screenplay by
Daniel Waters
David Koepp
Alvin Sargent

Music by
Danny Elfman

Spider-Man theme performed by
Joe Perry of Aerosmith

Main Cast
Leonardo DiCaprio as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Staci Keanan as Gwen Stacy
Wil Wheaton as Harry Osborn
Julie Andrews as Aunt May
Cliff Robertson as Uncle Ben
Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius/Doc Ock
Lance Henriksen as Carlton Strand/Electro
J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson

Notes
- The shots of Spidey climbing walls and swinging from building to building were achieved through a combo of miniatures of green screen.
- The long version of the Fox fanfare opens the film.
- The US premiere was held at the Dodger Dome in Brooklyn.
- The UK premiere was held at Hampden Park in Glasgow.

MERCHANDISING
- Spider web kilts by Kinloch Anderson, one of which was worn by Leo at the UK premiere.
- Action figures made by Playmates Toys.
- Lunchboxes and thermoses made by Aladdin Industries based in Nashville, TN.
- An official video game adaptation for the Atari Wildcat.
- A graphic novel adaptation by Marvel with variant covers drawn by Kevin Eastman and Daniel Abbott.
- A quick service tie-in with McDonald's, which includes Happy Meal toys for kids and collector's cups for adults.
- A walk-around Spidey at the Disney-Fox Studios, EuroDisney, Riverfront Square, Tokyo Disney World and Disneyland in Anaheim.
- A one hour "making of" special on Fox.
- Web shooter gloves with funny foam made by Playmates Toys.
- Halloween costumes made by Rubie's.
- A trailer shown during the Stanley Cup Finals, NBA Finals and the World Bowl.
- Ballcaps made by New Era.
- T-shirts and sweatshirts made by Nutmeg Mills based in Tampa, FL.
- Jackets made by Starter for the cast and crew.
- Special edition "Pump" shoes made by Reebok, who made the Spider-Boots in response to Nike's Bat-Boots.​

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
I'd like to see two things. One: An edit of the post adding "Merchandising" with a description of merchandising. Two: A separate post detailing critical reactions.

Trail Mix-Up (1992 Animated Short)
Trail Mix-Up
TrailMixUpDisney.jpg

Released on July 1, 1992 by 20th Century-Fox.

Produced by
Amblin Entertainment
Grantray-Lawrence Orlando

Based on the Roger Rabbit characters created by
Gary K. Wolf

Directed by
Barry Cook

Story
Rob Minkoff
Pat Ventura

Live action scenes filmed at the soundstages at
Disney-Fox Studios Theme Park

Voices
Charles Fleischer as Roger Rabbit
April Winchell as Young Baby Herman
Kathleen Turner as Jessica Rabbit
Lou Hirsch as Adult Baby Herman
Frank Welker as Droopy

Notes
- Trail Mix-Up was released a year earlier than OTL to accompany Spider-Man.
- Droopy used with permission from Turner Broadcasting System.
- Trail Mix-Up begins with the 1935 recording of the short-version of the Fox Fanfare.​