As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
I wonder if the old Fleischer-Terry cartoons that weren't DC-based or Popeye are going to get a rerelease any time soon. Same question for Gulliver's Travels.

OK, so Kepple Disney was born in Ireland. I wonder if Walt, Jr. knows about his grandfather's familial ties to Ireland, and if he has served as Grand Marshal of any city's St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Junior knows plenty about his Irish heritage. He did the St. Patrick's Day parade in Los Angeles for about five years in a row. This year, he was on hand for the St. Patrick's festivities in San Diego to hype up the Mighty Ducks' arrival.

I wonder if the old Fleischer-Terry cartoons that weren't DC-based or Popeye are going to get a rerelease any time soon. Same question for Gulliver's Travels.
Turner Home Entertainment is releasing the Fleischer-Terry Little Lulus under both the Viddy Oh! For Kids and Cartoon Moviestars collections.

MCA/Universal Home Video has produced multiple volumes of the Walter Lantz and 1950's Famous Studios cartoons on VHS, Laserdisc and even Beta. Right now, they are in the process of restoring Gulliver's Travels in collaboration with YCM Labs for a 55th Anniversary VHS/Laserdisc coming in 1994.

He turns 46 on June 14. Trey turns 13 three days before that.
634F3970-783E-44CB-AFBF-64820149B763.jpeg

Then here’s a mock-up of Disney Jr celebrating his 74th birthday in 2020.

Last edited:
Daisy-Head Mayzie (1992 Film)
Daisy-Head Mayzie
MV5BNmI3ZGE1MjQtZDVjYi00MDU4LWFlODktOTYwZmUzMjA5M2U1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDU4MDA0NTM@._V1_.jpg

Released by Warner Bros. on June 12, 1992.

Produced by
CMJ
Warner Bros. Animation

Directed by
Chuck Jones

Executive Producers
Audrey Geisel
Tom Ruegger
Rachel Stone-Abbott

Story and Song Lyrics by
Dr. Seuss

Music by
James Horner

Main Voices
Christina Ricci as Mayzie McGrew
Kelsey Grammer as The Cat in the Hat
Tim Curry as Finagle
David Ogden Stiers as the Mayor and the Principal
Jonathan Winters as Dr. Eisenbart
Edie McClurg as Miss Sneetcher
Ann Jillian as Mrs. McGrew
Phil Hartman as Mr. McGrew
Graham Chapman as Finch
Gus St. Pierre as Butch
Todd Bosley as Einstein

2c67a57e893a85a1d592aef84b012f41.png

Notes
- Daisy-Head Mayzie was dedicated to the memory of Theodor Geisel, who passed away during production in September of '91.
- Daisy-Head Mayzie was the first film released under the new Warner Bros. Family Entertainment banner (below).

Reaction to Daisy-Head Mayzie
"A much more free-wheeling, happy-go-lucky film than the dreary and depressing FernGully. Hands down!"
- Gene Shalit; The Today Show

"Two thumbs up!"
- Siskel and Ebert

"It's a shame that Dr. Seuss died before the film was finished, but I think he would've loved it."
- The San Diego Union-Tribune

"The casting of Kelsey Grammer as The Cat in the Hat caught me by surprise!"
- The Boston Globe

What does Disney use 20th Century-Fox for? Is it used to distribute more mature films or is it technically a completely seperate studio?

1) Mature films, yes. Plus the anime dubs since 1976. Rocky Horror, The Omen and Silver Streak the first Fox releases under Disney's ownership.
2) Within the Disney conglomerate ITTL, Fox enjoys at least some of the autonomy that Miramax had during the Eisner/Katzenberg years IOTL.