As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
I have a wild idea. I wonder if this could be canon in TTL's Simpsons. Nelson looks a bit like Moe. (Although he does look more like Moe's biggest customer Barney Gumble.) So, what if Nelson is Moe's son. Moe had sex with Nelson's mom, but ultimately rejected her because he wanted someone perfect like his beloved "Midge" aka Marge Simpson. Nelson is aware of this, and so he gets out his feelings on Marge by proxy of her son, Bart.

I have a wild idea. I wonder if this could be canon in TTL's Simpsons. Nelson looks a bit like Moe. (Although he does look more like Moe's biggest customer Barney Gumble.) So, what if Nelson is Moe's son. Moe had sex with Nelson's mom, but ultimately rejected her because he wanted someone perfect like his beloved "Midge" aka Marge Simpson. Nelson is aware of this, and so he gets out his feelings on Marge by proxy of her son, Bart.
I would kill for an episode that reveals all this! It could be one of the best episodes of the entire show, for Pete's sake!

Entertainment News for Late February 1992
Security at Disneyland was beefed up for a primetime Valentine's Day special that aired live on Fox. Despite the lack of credible threats over the Valentine weekend, metal detectors were still installed, cars were still inspected before entering the parking lot and Anaheim police helicopters still encircled the park. Teen actress Judith Barsi was on hand for the special. But in the past several years, Barsi, who turns 14 in June, had been stalked by her own father Joszef. In just the past year, she had been targeted by George Liquor creator John Kricfalusi.
- The Orange County Register

"So that explains the helicopters going round and round last week."
- Katella Avenue shopkeeper reading the above clipping.

Ruby-Spears hopes Fish Police airing in primetime on CBS will re-energize the studio's artists. Ditto to Capitol Critters on ABC.
- TV Guide

Saul Zaentz says he will sit down with Carolco, New Line and Hollywood Pictures about the possibility of co-producing a possible Lord of the Rings film franchise with Hong Kong-based Golden Harvest.
- The Hollywood Reporter

RUMOR MILL: Bally is said to be exploring a possible name change from Sky Channel America to The Hub. Bally is also considering dissolving Miramax Films into Hollywood Pictures.
- Variety

@PNWKing That could be the season premiere for Season 4.

Security at Disneyland was beefed up for a primetime Valentine's Day special that aired live on Fox. Despite the lack of credible threats over the Valentine weekend, metal detectors were still installed, cars were still inspected before entering the parking lot and Anaheim police helicopters still encircled the park. Teen actress Judith Barsi was on hand for the special. But in the past several years, Barsi, who turns 14 in June, had been stalked by her own father Joszef. In just the past year, she had been targeted by George Liquor creator John Kricfalusi.

Now that's a security detail! Hopefully we won't see Judith be harassed again by some creep once John K. is promptly put in prison.
Will Junior support some kind of child abuse prevention organization eventually because of Judith Barsi and his care for Trey & Tiffany? I could honestly see that happening for him.

Saul Zaentz says he will sit down with Carolco, New Line and Hollywood Pictures about the possibility of co-producing a possible Lord of the Rings film franchise with Hong Kong-based Golden Harvest.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Hmmmm....interesting. It's probably not going to turn out like the OTL film series but we'll see how it develops nonetheless.

RUMOR MILL: Bally is said to be exploring a possible name change from Sky Channel America to The Hub. Bally is also considering dissolving Miramax Films into Hollywood Pictures.
- Variety
So what happens to the Weinsteins once this happens?

Ruby-Spears hopes Fish Police airing in primetime on CBS will re-energize the studio's artists. Ditto to Capitol Critters on ABC.
- TV Guide

- The Hollywood Reporter

- Variety

@PNWKing That could be the season premiere for Season 4.
1: And yet once more, Judith Barsi can't catch a break from her lovesick problems.
2: So, will both those shows become Ruby-Spears productions? If so, I hope they don't cannibalize each other, nor the networks to said programs.
3: All three of them are good ideas.
4: On the one hand, I'm all for folding Miramax into Hollywood Pictures. On the other hand, I'd rather change Sky Channel America's name to something else, such as "Kabillion". Yes, I know that name was taken in the mid-2000's IOTL, but even less people know about that brand than they do about The Hub.
5: While we're on the subject about Bally, is there any way we can have them coax Nick Jr. into letting David the Gnome off the block a few years earlier? Like, early enough to make it the first thing to air on the newly-rechristened network?
6: I'd be fine with that.

PNWKing

Banned
hbofamilylogo.jpg

How's this for another possible rebrand of Sky Channel America.

Fish Police
Fish Police
Fish_Police_TV_Series-470809630-large.jpg

Launched on February 28, 1992.
Airs Friday nights on CBS.

Produced by
Ruby-Spears

Distributed by
Turner Program Services

Based on the comic book by
Steve Moncuse

Voices
John Ritter as Inspector Gill
Hector Elizondo as Biscotti Calamari
Tim Curry as Sharkster
Frank Welker as Mussels Marinara
Ed Asner as Chief Abalone
Jonathan Winters as Mayor Cod
Robert Guillaume as Detective Catfish
Buddy Hackett as Crabby
Megan Mullally as Pearl White
JoBeth Williams as Angel Jones
Georgia Brown as Goldie
Charlie Schlatter as Tadpole
Lauren Tom as Connie Koi

Notes
ITTL, Fish Police was the professional debut for Stephen Hillenburg.

But seriously though, how come Fish Police didn't work IOTL?​

Reaction to Fish Police
If FART wasn't preoccupied with bullying comic book stores over carrying the story of a crossdressing boy who fights crime, perhaps they would've noticed the innuendo in Fish Police's debut episode, The Long Fin of the Law, in which Inspector Gill narrates his capture of "dangerous fingerling-harasser" John Perchfalusi.
- The Chicago Tribune

John Ritter is fine as the voice of Inspector Gill, but he's no Bob Hoskins.
- The Miami Herald

Parents tuning in to Fish Police expecting something more akin to The Little Mermaid should hold off until Disney brings the real Little Mermaid to Fox's Saturday Morning lineup in September.
- The Boston Globe

Not great, but at least it wasn't as mean spirited as George Liquor.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It's good that there is some competition popping up on network television, but CBS is the last place you'd expect to see a Simpsons wannabe.
- The Los Angeles Times

Fish Police
is not the best. Nor is it the worst. But it's a start. Now if CBS can option Shezow from Dark Horse....
- The Seattle Post-Intelligencer

If I were Steve Moncuse, I would be concerned, but not too worried about the way Fish Police is turning out on CBS.
- The Washington Post

PNWKing

Banned
Not great, but at least it wasn't as mean spirited as George Liquor.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
I wonder how John K. reacted to this. Actually, I believe that John K.'s reaction was found in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette mailroom.

"dangerous fingerling-harasser" John Perchfalusi
See above statement, but assume that Ruby-Spears' mailroom also had something found in it. (Unless that's tasteless because of the real bomb threat to CNN Center in 2018.)