As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Warner Bros. Looney Tunes Revival Shorts as of 1991

Box Office Bunny
Wambo: First Fudd
(A 90's twist on the Hunting Trilogy formula)
Blooper Bunny

Coming soon:
I Adore Mi Aroma. The first revival appearance of Pepe Le Pew. The title is a play on Color Me Badd's song I Adore Mi Amor.
The Yoseminator
Wambo: First Fudd Part 2
Fast Times at Acme High
The Wabbiteer
Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers
Chariots of Fur
Another Froggy Evening
Carrotblanca
I'm liking the idea of WB making new short films and I can see them getting the better of Disney in that aspect.

Wonder if these short films can have more 'adult' humour if these short films will be seen prior to featured films from WB such as the Rambo parody.

Any questions, comments, etc. before we get to 1992?
How have The Jim Henson Company has been integrating the former ITC/Central assets, we know that the animation studio will become Henson/Central, while remaining separate from Hanna-Barbera, and with Central regaining its ITV franchise along side being 20% part owners in the new Sunrise breakfast service, the ITC and ATV names would be gone by early next year.

Is there gonna be another animated TV series based on a Nintendo game or even a Pac-Man movie or something?

Pac-Man might not get another series for a while, but there may be a Star Fox show around '94 or '95.

Have you found a catwoman actress yet

Nicole Kidman.

So, is KFC going to have any tie-ins/promotions this year?

A lot more. Most likely they share the Batman Returns license with Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and maybe Jack in the Box, each owned by the same parent company (PepsiCo).

In the Spring of '91 they had a big tie-in with the World League of American Football (Formerly the USFL ITTL) that included a commercial similar to the one below shown IOTL. In addition to the prizes and sweepstakes, there were also collectible helmet mugs of all the teams. Plus, there were activity books and fiki football kits in the kids' meals. Also, the newer KFC logo with the Colonel and red racing stripes, was seen on A-frame signage along the sidelines at every WLAF stadium.

I'm liking the idea of WB making new short films and I can see them getting the better of Disney in that aspect.

Wonder if these short films can have more 'adult' humour if these short films will be seen prior to featured films from WB such as the Rambo parody.

There will indeed be adult humor in the WB shorts and more kid-friendly spoofs of films that would get an 18 rating in the UK and an R in the US.

How have The Jim Henson Company has been integrating the former ITC/Central assets, we know that the animation studio will become Henson/Central, while remaining separate from Hanna-Barbera, and with Central regaining its ITV franchise along side being 20% part owners in the new Sunrise breakfast service, the ITC and ATV names would be gone by early next year.

The ITC/Central assets are being assigned to the Touchstone brand if they're geared more toward mature audiences. The animation studio will actually become a London office for Hanna-Barbera.

The ITC/Central assets are being assigned to the Touchstone brand if they're geared more toward mature audiences. The animation studio will actually become a London office for Hanna-Barbera.
It’s based actually in Birmingham with a satellite studio at Henson Elstree Studios near London.

My mistake, but yeah, Hanna-Barbera Birmingham is the new name
I’m thinking of Touchstone having most the legacy ITC/Central library, while the Henson label assume all of its more family-friendly library like the Anderson shows and Sally the Witch and have Central Independent Television as a division of the company, controlling what’s left.

Entertainment News for January 1992
Entertainment News for January 1992

With Nickelodeon reserving time slots for new, original programming, The Jim Henson Company, Nick's parent company, has reached an agreement to license ten or more of Hanna-Barbera's properties to Ted Turner's Cartoon Network, which is on track to launch in October of '92.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Bally makes a hostile bid for the beleaguered Sky Channel America. This comes as rumors swirl that News Corp's North American assets are continuing to bleed money amid the failure of The George Liquor Program.
- Reuters

NBC orders a full season of Alexander's Bad Days from Klasky-Csupo and Hollywood Pictures Television as part of a major overhaul of its Saturday Morning lineup slated to launch in September.
- Variety

As Klasky-Csupo's energy shifts towards Nickelodeon's Rugrats, animation production on Fox's The Simpsons will be taken over by Grantray-Lawrence starting next season.
- Animation Magazine

The Sports Page
January 2, 1992 prime-time edition of SportsCenter
Charlie Steiner:
"Back in October, the Arizona Diamondbacks and Florida Marlins made their final expansion fee payments to Major League Baseball. And with that, both became official members of the big leagues, able to sign free agents and hire coaches. Now with the expansion draft out of the way, the next task for Commissioner Fay Vincent and the owners was the realignment. Bob Ley has more."

Bob Ley: "In Downtown Phoenix, the Diamondbacks will share a new, air-conditioned, multimillion dollar domed stadium with the NFL Cardinals. Meanwhile, the Florida Marlins will split their home schedule between Miami's Joe Robbie Stadium and the Suncoast Dome in St. Petersburg. The new alignment for Major League Baseball this coming season will see sweeping changes and the birth of new rivalries."

***Divisional alignments shown on full-screen graphics***

Bob Ley (Continued):

"The American League East will consist of the Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and Washington Grays."

"The American League Central will see the Toronto Blue Jays lumped in with the Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Guardians and Detroit Tigers."

"The American League North will have the only team to switch leagues, the Denver Zephyrs, going head-to-head with the Portland Beavers, Seattle Mariners (Formerly the Pilots, changed by new ownership) and Vancouver Mounties."

"In the American League West, the Los Angeles Angels and Oakland Athletics commence new rivalries with the Kansas City Monarchs and Texas Rangers."

"In the National League East, the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Montreal Expos will be joined by both Pennsylvania teams (Pittsburgh Pirates and Philadelphia Phillies)."

"The National League Central will retain midwestern rivals Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, Milwaukee Brewers and World Series Champion Minnesota Twins."

"The Cincinnati Reds will become the northernmost team in the new National League South, joining the Atlanta Braves, Houston Astros and expansion Florida Marlins."

"And finally, the National League West will see the Los Angeles Lancers, San Diego Padres and San Francisco Seals going up against the expansion Arizona Diamondbacks."

PNWKing

Banned
I have a lot of questions.
1. Were the Zephyrs an expansion team or a relocation?
2. Has PepsiCo tried to partner their restaurants with the MLB Brooklyn Dodgers?
3. What is the new ownership of the Mariners?
4. I'd presume that the Minnesota Twins have a sponsorship deal with Dayton-Hudson's Target Stores.
5. Who owns the Lancers?
6. Who owns the Washington Grays?

I have a lot of questions.
1. Were the Zephyrs an expansion team or a relocation?
2. Has PepsiCo tried to partner their restaurants with the MLB Brooklyn Dodgers?
3. What is the new ownership of the Mariners?
4. I'd presume that the Minnesota Twins have a sponsorship deal with Dayton-Hudson's Target Stores.
5. Who owns the Lancers?
6. Who owns the Washington Grays?
The Zephyrs were an expansion franchise along with the Blue Jays in 1980.
Pizza Hut has a full-service party deck inside the Dodger Dome.
Nintendo of America are the new Mariner owners.
Target has been a Twins sponsor for about ten years now.
The Lancers are owned by Bruce McNall, owner of the NHL Kings, but they play in Anaheim Stadium.
The Grays are owned by Abe Pollin, who also owns the NHL Capitals and NBA Federals.

With Nickelodeon reserving time slots for new, original programming, The Jim Henson Company, Nick's parent company, has reached an agreement to license ten or more of Hanna-Barbera's properties to Ted Turner's Cartoon Network, which is on track to launch in October of '92.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Bally makes a hostile bid for the beleaguered Sky Channel America. This comes as rumors swirl that News Corp's North American assets are continuing to bleed money amid the failure of The George Liquor Program.
- Reuters

NBC orders a full season of Alexander's Bad Days from Klasky-Csupo and Hollywood Pictures Television as part of a major overhaul of its Saturday Morning lineup slated to launch in September.
- Variety

As Klasky-Csupo's energy shifts towards Nickelodeon's Rugrats, animation production on Fox's The Simpsons will be taken over by Grantray-Lawrence starting next season.
- Animation Magazine
1: This makes sense.
2: Why not have them buy all of News Corp's North American assets at once? I mean, they might as well do that anyway! Not to mention the potential of a David the Gnome playplace at one of Bally's theme parks would be too good to pass up.
3: I am surprised at this. Then again, perhaps it can replace Wish Kid in the schedule altogether. I, for one, would appreciate this.
4: Between Rugrats and Alexander's Bad Days, I'm surprised Grantray-Lawrence hasn't picked up the pieces sooner.

PNWKing

Banned
My round of questions.
1. What are some sponsors of the Washington Grays?
2. Can I have a list of sponsors of Universal Orlando?
3. Who are the hosts of FOX's WLAF coverage?
4. I'd presume Heinz sponsors the NFL Pittsburgh Steelers, MLB Pittsburgh Pirates, and NHL Pittsburgh Penguins. But how is that sponsorship activated?
5. Does SBC have a nightly news show, and if so who hosts it? And what are some of the other commentators/correspondents?
6. Is Microsoft planning to partner with Atari, SEGA, or Nintendo on the next console generation?
7. Have their been any tie-ins for the Star Trek movies?
8. What tie-ins were there for Roger Rabbit 2?
9. Who are the hosts for Headline News? And the commentators/correspondents?
10. Does ESPN have any major broadcast deals?

1: This makes sense.
2: Why not have them buy all of News Corp's North American assets at once? I mean, they might as well do that anyway! Not to mention the potential of a David the Gnome playplace at one of Bally's theme parks would be too good to pass up.
3: I am surprised at this. Then again, perhaps it can replace Wish Kid in the schedule altogether. I, for one, would appreciate this.
4: Between Rugrats and Alexander's Bad Days, I'm surprised Grantray-Lawrence hasn't picked up the pieces sooner.
@TheFaultsofAlts Are you okay?

1) Yeah because Nick's emphasis on original content will only grow with time.
2) Bally's bid for Sky Channel America is pretty much for pennies on the dollar. For Miramax on the other hand, Bally does have some competition in the form of Raymond Chow, head of Golden Harvest.
3) I'm sure you would.
4) Warner Freeform has ordered The New Adventures of Speed Racer from MWS, so Grantray-Lawrence will also take over the TMNT starting next season. The reason for the delay was because I wasn't sure if I wanted Daniel Abbott or Tad Stones to be the supervising director going forward.

@TheFaultsofAlts Are you okay?

1) Yeah because Nick's emphasis on original content will only grow with time.
2) Bally's bid for Sky Channel America is pretty much for pennies on the dollar. For Miramax on the other hand, Bally does have some competition in the form of Raymond Chow, head of Golden Harvest.
3) I'm sure you would.
4) Warner Freeform has ordered The New Adventures of Speed Racer from MWS, so Grantray-Lawrence will also take over the TMNT starting next season. The reason for the delay was because I wasn't sure if I wanted Daniel Abbott or Tad Stones to be the supervising director going forward.
Yeah. I'm okay. I just delivered a massive wall of text on my thread of assorted timelines. It's not anything serious.

1: Cool.
2: I looked them up, and I think Bally has more to gain from this than Golden Harvest does. Don't get me wrong, the studio that brought both Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee to the States deserves something from the West, but I don't think they'd want to be associated with Miramax after the likes of George Liquor.
3: True.
4: How about we have Daniel Abbott take over for The Simpsons, while Tad Stones takes over for TMNT? After all, Abbott has the wit to help carry TTL's Simpsons to the superstardom it had IOTL, while Stones's creation in the form of Darkwing Duck was very recently tied with the Turtles for 1st place on Saturday Mornings.

- Reuters
  1. I’m wondering how Murdoch’s UK satellite channels has been doing?
  2. Is anybody else planning to start UK satellite/cable channels?
  3. What are Bally’s plans for Sky Channel America if they successfully win it?

My round of questions.
1. What are some sponsors of the Washington Grays?
2. Can I have a list of sponsors of Universal Orlando?
3. Who are the hosts of FOX's WLAF coverage?
4. I'd presume Heinz sponsors the NFL Pittsburgh Steelers, MLB Pittsburgh Pirates, and NHL Pittsburgh Penguins. But how is that sponsorship activated?
5. Does SBC have a nightly news show, and if so who hosts it? And what are some of the other commentators/correspondents?
6. Is Microsoft planning to partner with Atari, SEGA, or Nintendo on the next console generation?
7. Have their been any tie-ins for the Star Trek movies?
8. What tie-ins were there for Roger Rabbit 2?
9. Who are the hosts for Headline News? And the commentators/correspondents?
10. Does ESPN have any major broadcast deals?

1) The Washington Post, Chevy Chase Bank, DC Lottery, Esskay Meats, Anheuser-Busch, Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Jeep-DeLorean.
2) Texaco, AT&T, Jeep-DeLorean, Eastman-Kodak, Miller Brewing, PepsiCo
3) In the studio is Jim Lampley and Dan Jiggetts. Doing play by play in the broadcast booths are Eric Clemons, Nick Halling (on loan from UK-based Channel 4), Kevin Harlan, Mel Proctor and Pete Gross.
4) Heinz has their logo on the dasher boards at Pens games. At Three Rivers Stadium they advertise on one of the billboards above the Jumbotron in the upper deck.
5) SBC's Newscast is hosted by Dave Marash, who was an ABC NightLine correspondent IOTL.
6) Microsoft is likely partnering with Atari or Sega.
7) Plenty of tie-ins. The first Star Trek movie was one of the first movie Happy Meals. Since then, they've moved on to Enterprise collectors cups at Pizza Hut.
8) A comic adaptation by Harvey, a toyline by Kenner,
9) Headline News is mostly hosted by Nancy Glass, who substituted for Bill O'Reilly on Inside Edition IOTL.
10) Yes they do. Here's a rundown:
NFL
- The Draft
- NFL GameDay
- NFL Primetime
- Sunday Night games in November and December. (TNT has Sunday Nights in September and October)
- The Pro Bowl

MLB
- Baseball Tonight
- Weeknight regular season games with Jon Miller doing the play by play.
- Division Series games

NHL (Coming in the 1992-93 season)
- National Hockey Night
- Weeknight games with Gary Thorne doing the play by play, except on Wednesday Nights, for which SBC still has the rights.
- Early rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs (SBC keeps the Finals).

Other sports
- College Football along with most of the lower-prestige bowl games.
- College Basketball
- College Softball
- College Baseball
- PBA Bowling
- Canadian Football League
- Arena Football League
- Roller Hockey League
- Major Indoor Soccer League
- Victorian Football League (Aussie Rules)

How many Movietoons are there as of 1992?

And what about the New Tom and Jerry shorts that were mentioned back in 1984?

There is four released per year.

The Tom and Jerry revival unfortunately didn't get past that initial announcement because Turner got sidetracked with the MTV purchase.

Why is the Washington DC baseball team not called the Senators? Has there been any major changes to KFC ITTL? I would prefer it to still be run by the Sanders family. @OldNavy1988
The previous Senators club was the butt of a lot of jokes, including being the sad-sack team featured in the 1955 musical Damn Yankees.

The current Grays franchise is named after the Negro League Homestead Grays who split time between the DC area and Pittsburgh for home games in the 1940's.