As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I take It the soviet august coup went the same as otl..Well in that case I hope Bundy and Gotti are out of office by December 26th (the day the soviet union dissolved ) that way they can't take credit for in the coldwar. There is also the possiblity that no Regan administration slowed down Mikal gorbhovch reforms thus the soviet hardliners waited longer to perform thier coup

I've got a question. How did Carolco get the distribution rights for that movie?
Grand Diamond was supposed to release it, but for some reason they deal they made with Don Oriolo went sideways and the film sat on the shelf until Oriolo was able to sign a better contract with Carolco when Mario Kassar merged his studio with Corman's.

Can you announce the winner of the ITC/Central bid via a poll, @OldNavy1988? (The two finalists are the Kerry Packer/Bruce Gyngell joined bid and The Jim Henson Company)

Last edited:
Grand Diamond was supposed to release it, but for some reason they deal they made with Don Oriolo went sideways and the film sat on the shelf until Oriolo was able to sign a better contract with Carolco when Mario Kassar merged his studio with Corman's.
@TheFaultsofAlts

And before I forget...

An SNL sketch commenting on the Grand Diamond/Carolco merger featured Mike Myers as Roger Corman and Phil Hartman as Mario Kassar in "The B-Movie Odd Couple."
Henson won the bid.
1: Actually, I was wondering more along the lines of if Carolco had any prior ties to the franchise.
2: As funny as the SNL skit is, this implies that Grand Diamond dumped the film on their younger brother ala how Titan A.E. became Don Bluth's last animated project, as well as the sickly swansong of Fox Animation Studios before the company bought Blue Sky Studios.
3: That's perfect!

Not really. The franchise kinda fell on its lap after Don Oriolo, who is the real owner, was unable to attract the larger distributors.
Fair point.

Maybe we could see home media releases of the original shorts and the classic series, as well as the movie and any other tidbits of Felix's career, from Family Home Entertainment? I mean, with Disney overseeing the TMNT series on home video nowadays, they'll need another franchise with recognition for the younger crowd to cater to.

Henson won the bid.
Next month on October 16: the ITV franchise auction, Central will still have the same bid of £2000 for the Midlands region, while also joining the Sunrise group bid for the breakfast license with fellow ITV franchises Scottish and LWT and the newspaper The Guardian (IOTL Disney was a co-bidder).

So, now Henson have a second animation studio in ATV/ITC Animation in Birmingham, the ITC Elstree Studios in London and a library that includes The Saint, Danger Man, the English rights to Sally the Witch and the Gerry Anderson library from Supercar onwards including Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Space: 1999, Cutie Honey, Double Lady Tickle (both created with Go Nagai) and Thunderbirds (IOTL, 1991 is when the show started airing on BBC2, which led to it’s popularity until the 2004 live-action movie). ATV/ITC Animation is working on secret project with Toei on what they called a “Animated female superhero team show” that will debut in Japan in March of ‘92 and I’m gonna give away the name.