As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991 Film)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
60514478.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema on July 3, 1991.

Cast & Crew
Same as OTL

T2 opened to overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics who called the sequel superior to its predecessor. Besides the rave reviews, the film would go on to be the biggest box office hit of the summer.​

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
60514478.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema on July 3, 1991.

Cast & Crew
Same as OTL

T2 opened to overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics who called the sequel superior to its predecessor. Besides the rave reviews, the film would go on to be the biggest box office hit of the summer.​
Now there has to be a Terminator animated series on SBC for 1992 at the very least, with a success story like that! I'm saying to wait a year because we don't want a rushed cashgrab like Small Wonder: The Animated Series.

Mistress Masham's Repose (1991 Film)
Mistress Masham's Repose
MMB-5.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures on July 12, 1991.

Produced by
Grantray-Lawrence Orlando

Based on the book by
TH White

Directed by
Kirk Wise
Gary Trousdale

Executive Producers
Roy E. Disney
Don Hahn

Screenplay by
Linda Woolverton

Voices
Judith Barsi as Maria
David Ogden Stiers as Mr. Hater
Edie McClurg as Miss Noakes
Pat Carroll as Miss Brown
Sir Richard Attenborough as the Professor
Freddie Starr as the Trapper
Fred Savage as the Silly Kid
Dom DeLuise as Lord Admiral
Graham Chapman as the Schoolmaster

Various Lilliputians
Daniel Abbott
Dan Castellaneta
Yeardley Smith
Townsend Coleman
Pat Fraley
Tress MacNielle
Nancy Cartwright
Kath Soucie
Mary Kay Bergman

Music by
Alan Menken

Song Lyrics by
Howard Ashman

Because of the success New Line was enjoying with Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Mistress Masham's Repose would turn out to be Disney's first real box office defeat since The Black Cauldron in '85. In later years, Repose would gain a cult following on home video and cable. Repose would also be the second to last project that Howard Ashman would see to completion.

When the premiere was held at Hollywood's El Capitan theatre, security was tightened, NOT because of the Gulf War, but because Barsi received a "love letter" from the creator of George Liquor during production.​

Because of the success New Line was enjoying with Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Mistress Masham's Repose would turn out to be Disney's first real box office defeat since The Black Cauldron in '85. In later years, Repose would gain a cult following on home video and cable. Repose would also be the second to last project that Howard Ashman would see to completion.

When the premiere was held at Hollywood's El Capitan theatre, security was tightened, NOT because of the Gulf War, but because Barsi received a "love letter" from the creator of George Liquor during production.​
Well, they can't all be winners. I mean, they still have plenty of surefire winners coming out, like the Ranma 1/2 dub.

Oh NO. This can NOT be good in the slightest! Not at all...

When the premiere was held at Hollywood's El Capitan theatre, security was tightened, NOT because of the Gulf War, but because Barsi received a "love letter" from the creator of George Liquor during production.
Unfortunate that Mistress Masham's Repose was a box office defeat, but who could go up against Terminator 2 and survive?

As for that "love letter", that's a yikes....a big YIKES right there.

I ted bundy and jhon gotti will be kickedout of office and before the soviet collase. It techily end in decmber 1991 but the kiss of death of the august coup

Mr. K most definitely has not changed since 1982, I can tell you that.

Oh NO. This can NOT be good in the slightest! Not at all...

As for that "love letter", that's a yikes....a big YIKES right there.

"Daniel wanted to stay home with Devon on the night of the Repose premiere. But I insisted he come. At the premiere, Daniel and I were chatting with Kevin Eastman on the red carpet when Dan spotted John K hopping over the barricade. Luckily, security was on him like flies to a cowpie. It was pretty clear that a couple of the security guards were big WWA fans. After all, seeing Kricfalusi pinned on the ground and on the business end of a Hogan Leg Drop by a plus-sized security guard put a smile on Daniel's face."
- Rachel Stone-Abbott; Excerpt from the Rolling Stone's cover story on Tiny Toon Adventures.

Mr. K most definitely has not changed since 1982, I can tell you that.

Nope. Not the least bit.

"Daniel wanted to stay home with Devon on the night of the Repose premiere. But I insisted he come. At the premiere, Daniel and I were chatting with Kevin Eastman on the red carpet when Dan spotted John K hopping over the barricade. Luckily, security was on him like flies to a cowpie. It was pretty clear that a couple of the security guards were big WWA fans. After all, seeing Kricfalusi pinned on the ground and on the business end of a Hogan Leg Drop by a plus-sized security guard put a smile on Daniel's face."
- Rachel Stone-Abbott; Excerpt from the Rolling Stone's cover story on Tiny Toon Adventures.
And by general association, it also put a smile on my face.

When the premiere was held at Hollywood's El Capitan theatre, security was tightened, NOT because of the Gulf War, but because Barsi received a "love letter" from the creator of George Liquor during production.
I have a "love letter" for John K.
Its resemblance to a .357Sig bullet is purely "coincidental".

Well justified, but jeez, John K. does not give a crap. I hope that Judith Barsi has a normal life ITTL because she deserves it after being abused by her father and now being lusted over by John K.

PNWKing

Banned
I hope John K. gets fired. Harvey Weinstein might just tell Mr. K. that harassing Judith Barsi is too far. Even if Weinstein may have himself harassed at least one underage girl, harassing a REPEATED VICTIM OF ABUSE FROM HER FATHER might be too far for Weinstein. When Harvey Weinstein considers you a pervert, you need to reevaluate your life.

Well moving away from the pit of despair that is John K, I have two questions to ask of you @OldNavy1988 .

1. If WCW is still around at this point and owned by Turner Broadcasting, has Ric Flair had his dispute over the Big Gold Belt?
2. Video game adaption question: who do you want to animate a Sonic/Mighty/Sega Mascot series aside from Bohbot/TMS?

PNWKing

Banned
1. If WCW is still around at this point and owned by Turner Broadcasting, has Ric Flair had his dispute over the Big Gold Belt?
2. Video game adaption question: who do you want to animate a Sonic/Mighty/Sega Mascot series aside from Bohbot/TMS?
I'm not OldNavy1988 but I might have some answers.
1. Possibly
2. Sega is owned by Paramount, so Paramount's animation unit, formerly Rankin-Bass, will take up the mantle.

Well moving away from the pit of despair that is John K, I have two questions to ask of you @OldNavy1988 .

1) Ric is still with WCW.
2) I'm not too sure.

One Fine Day in Culver City
One Fine Day in Culver City
sony-a.jpg

Miramax Plaza

Culver City, California

July 15, 1991

Bob-and-Harvey-Weinstein-Empty-Handed.jpg

Harvey Weinstein
"John, I've stuck behind you through every controversy surrounding George Liquor. But this time, your love letter to Judith Barsi was so horrible, even for me."

129427_1_large.jpg

John Kricfalusi
"What are you talking about? It's not my fault she's only thirteen! Hell, it's not like you or Rupert are any better than me to begin with!!!"

Weinstein
"That doesn't matter. Here's your walking papers."​

Last edited: