As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Ex-Chicago cop and IOTL security guard on the Jerry Springer Show who parlayed that into his own talk show hosting gig. ITTL, he's a pro wrestler!
Will the WWA have a John K.-inspired heel gimmick? I think that makes sense and it would be funny to see the real John K. perhaps get arrested for death threats towards Vince McMahon.
Yup. A pro wrestler with a chair flinging gimmick.

HIDE YOUR DAUGHTERS!
Within the first week of the Bundy administration, news cameras caught John Kricfalusi entering a limousine at the stroke of midnight outside of Leavenworth federal prison.
- The New York Times
John K. is gonna have to sleep with one eye open from now on.

PNWKing

Banned
You know what I think? That TMNT should stay with Murakami-Wolf-Swenson but possibly hop channels to ABC. ABC has the controversy over Beany and Cecil and really needs a hit to save the company.

You know what I think? That TMNT should stay with Murakami-Wolf-Swenson but possibly hop channels to ABC. ABC has the controversy over Beany and Cecil and really needs a hit to save the company.
Warner Bros. is brining Beetlejuice to Saturday Mornings, so ABC might have that as an option too.

With Disney most likely getting the broadcast rights to TMNT soon. I wonder if they could acquire the television/theme park rights to Power Rangers in a few years. Since the Power Rangers were meet and greet characters at Disney MGM Studios OTL.

With Disney most likely getting the broadcast rights to TMNT soon. I wonder if they could acquire the television/theme park rights to Power Rangers in a few years. Since the Power Rangers were meet and greet characters at Disney MGM Studios OTL.
I am not entirely positive on the Rangers just yet. Might be another studio like Henson or someone else.

So what's the next movie release?
Is it Hollywood Pictures' first release?
The next movie release is Bill and Ted (New Line?).
I'm still not sure what Hollywood Pictures' first film should be. I kinda want it to be something that tells the rest of the industry that they're here to stay.

I am not entirely positive on the Rangers just yet. Might be another studio like Henson or someone else.
If it is Henson, it might be something that justifies their ownership of Nickelodeon. I mean, if we look at IOTL for a brief moment, a good chunk of Saban's anime dubs ended up fortifying Nick Jr.'s early lineups. Not to mention Power Rangers itself being on the network since Power Rangers Samurai, which was most likely a decade ago.
The next movie release is Bill and Ted (New Line?).
I'm still not sure what Hollywood Pictures' first film should be. I kinda want it to be something that tells the rest of the industry that they're here to stay.
Why not combine the two efforts, and have Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure be Hollywood Pictures' debut in the box office? Last time I checked, the studio's logo is the iconic Sphinx, and the franchise may or may not involve Ancient Egypt.

PNWKing

Banned

This list is where I got White Noise from. It would be a good source of works for Hollywood Pictures to adapt. However, there are relatively few from before the 2000s. About the only ones on there except White Noise (which was TTL's biggest flop) written already in 1989 are The Catcher in The Rye, The Overcoat, Helter Skelter, and Don Quixote. I'd suggest waiting for Don Quixote until Peter Jackson can film a version in TTL's mid-2000s or even 2010s.

This list is where I got White Noise from. It would be a good source of works for Hollywood Pictures to adapt. However, there are relatively few from before the 2000s. About the only ones on there except White Noise (which was TTL's biggest flop) written already in 1989 are The Catcher in The Rye, The Overcoat, Helter Skelter, and Don Quixote. I'd suggest waiting for Don Quixote until Peter Jackson can film a version in TTL's mid-2000s or even 2010s.
I’d either have Gilliam direct Don Quixote or have him create animated sequences depicting the world as seen by Don Quixote. His distinctive artistic style would be perfect to depict the world as seen by the eyes of a mad “knight”.

I’d either have Gilliam direct Don Quixote or have him create animated sequences depicting the world as seen by Don Quixote. His distinctive artistic style would be perfect to depict the world as seen by the eyes of a mad “knight”.
I agree that Peter Jackson wouldn't fit the legend of Don Quixote. Maybe we can have Steve Martin direct and even star in the film?

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989 Film)
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
bill-and-ted.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema on February 17, 1989

Directed by
Stephen Herek

Produced by
Scott Kroopf
Michael S. Murphey
Joel Soisson

Written by
Chris Matheson
Ed Solomon

Music by
David Newman

Cast
Keanu Reeves as Ted "Theodore" Logan
Alex Winter as Bill S. Preston, Esq.
George Carlin as Rufus
Terry Camilleri as Napoleon Bonaparte
Dan Shor as Billy the Kid
Tony Steedman as Socrates
Rod Loomis as Sigmund Freud
Al Leong as Genghis Khan
Jane Wiedlin as Joan of Arc
Robert V. Barron as Abraham Lincoln
Clifford David as Ludwig van Beethoven
Hal Landon Jr. as Captain Logan, Ted's and Deacon's father
Bernie Casey as Mr. Ryan, Bill and Ted's history teacher
Amy Stock-Poynton as Missy/Mom, Bill's stepmother
J. Patrick McNamara as Mr. Ian Preston, Bill's father
Frazier Bain as Deacon Logan, Ted's younger brother
John Karlsen as Evil Duke
Diane Franklin as Princess Joanna
Kimberley LaBelle as Princess Elizabeth
Clarence Clemons, Martha Davis, and Fee Waybill as The Three Most Important People in the World​

PNWKing

Banned
Could Hollywood Pictures make Helter Skelter into a movie? It's got that Southern California in the 1960s vibe that I think a lot of people would want to see on film. As for directors, I've mentally floated Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, and Jim Jarmusch. In terms of casting Charles Manson, I think William Dafoe or Tim Curry would make a good Manson. Al Pacino, James Caan, or Harrison Ford might be considered to play Vincent Bugliosi. You can always discover Matthew McConaghuey (sp?) to play "Tex" Watson. Linda Kasubian could be played by Cher. Susan Breckwinkel is harder, but I don't think Sharon Stone has been in anything at this time, so she'd be pretty cheap.

Could Hollywood Pictures make Helter Skelter into a movie? It's got that Southern California in the 1960s vibe that I think a lot of people would want to see on film. As for directors, I've mentally floated Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, and Jim Jarmusch. In terms of casting Charles Manson, I think William Dafoe or Tim Curry would make a good Manson. Al Pacino, James Caan, or Harrison Ford might be considered to play Vincent Bugliosi. You can always discover Matthew McConaghuey (sp?) to play "Tex" Watson. Linda Kasubian could be played by Cher. Susan Breckwinkel is harder, but I don't think Sharon Stone has been in anything at this time, so she'd be pretty cheap.
What year did it come out IOTL?

1989 Network Launches
Sky Channel America
EWhL2b9XkAYhzkm.jpg

Launched on January 1, 1989
Owned by News Corporation, parent company of The New York Post and Miramax Films.

Comedy Central
Comedy-Central-Logo-1991-1992.png

Coming on March 1, 1989
Owned by Bally, parent company of Home Box Office, Hollywood Pictures and Media Home Entertainment.

HA!: TV Comedy Network
b9ee1efce24597735aad0200ab9a7a2b.png

Coming on April 1, 1989
Owned by The Jim Henson Company.​

Sky Channel America
EWhL2b9XkAYhzkm.jpg

Launched on January 1, 1989
Owned by News Corporation, parent company of The New York Post and Miramax Films.

Comedy Central
Comedy-Central-Logo-1991-1992.png

Coming on March 1, 1989
Owned by Bally, parent company of Home Box Office, Hollywood Pictures and Media Home Entertainment.

HA!: TV Comedy Network
b9ee1efce24597735aad0200ab9a7a2b.png

Coming on April 1, 1989
Owned by The Jim Henson Company.​
Of these networks, I'd say that HA! has the best chance of lasting into the present day.