As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
There is a book called It Can't Happen Here. It details the rise of a fictitious fascist President of the United States named Buzz Windrip. The book was written by Sinclair Lewis. Would it be possible ITTL for Hollywood Pictures, New Line, or Grand Diamond to adapt It Can't Happen Here into a movie?

Is the site in Carson where the NFL stadium was planned big enough for a theme park? If so, there's your theme park. Also, I don't think Sea World bought Marineland ITTL, but you could still use the Carson site, because I think it would be interesting.
How about if I took the Carson stadium site and the land north of Del Amo Blvd where the Porsche Experience opened in 2016 IOTL?

@kirbopher15
That's pretty tiny isn't it?

This passage from the Wikipedia article on Marineland of the Pacific should straighten things out...

"Harcourt Brace Jovanovich (the owner of the SeaWorld ocean park family) purchased the facility in December 1986 from a Hong Kong developer. At the time the park was run down and was just breaking even. Restoration plans were canceled on January 30, 1987 as Harcourt claimed that the park was in more disrepair than expected. Yearly losses of $2 million were projected unless improvements costing $25 million were undertaken."

So, yeah, I think it would be too late for Paramount to own the park at this rate.
Whoa, so you're saying Marineland was neglected and pretty far gone by the time it shuttered IOTL?

But if Marineland doesn't work, what should be the Plan B? Diamond Bar? Irwindale? Fontana? Carson? Bakersfield? Acquire Knott's Berry Farm?
They could build in also build in Sanderson, Fresno or Sacramento metro area for park in California. Alternate place include Portland (I know you feel that only an indoor park but Jantzen beach was pretty successful and last for years and the oaks amusement park is still in business) Bend Oregon (The largest town in central Oregon . I belive it is a bit dryer there. My dad said it was the pretest t town he has ever been too) Phillipedia, Billings Montana (it may seam like an odd choice but theirs lots of land, close to the tourist draw of Yellowstone national park and there no park in the state of Montana since Colombia gardens went under) , Phoenix, metro Detroit , Gulfport or Tupelo Mississippi Huntsville Alabama or Mobile Alabama Chicago (I feel that Chicago is large enough to handle two parks) and Province or Warwick Rhode Island (The only park in Rhode island the historic rocky point will go out business unless butterflies safe it )

You know I don't think think hanbar would give exculise themepark rights to universal ornaldo. The funtaisc world of hanabara coexist with hanbara land at the parmount. In fact habaraland out lifed the funatic world of Hanabara. Also the indpedent frontier village park in sanjose also used the hanbara charcter during habara land exist at the parmount/KECO parks

1988 Election
What about the 1988 election?
I'd like to see the live coverage from ABC.
abc_1988_peter_jennings_david_brinkley_ll_111201_ssh.jpg

Peter Jennings (ABC News):
"If you are just joining us, the polls have closed in California, Washington and Oregon and we finally have a clear winner..."

Theodore Robert Bundy, the Washington state Republican, has defeated the incumbent Lee Iacocca and becomes the 41st President of the United States.

abc_1988_peter_jennings_david_brinkley_ll_111201_ssh.jpg

Peter Jennings (ABC News):
"If you are just joining us, the polls have closed in California, Washington and Oregon and we finally have a clear winner..."

Theodore Robert Bundy, the Washington state Republican, has defeated the incumbent Lee Iacocca and becomes the 41st President of the United States.
......God help us all.......................