As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
I'd like to think of a young New York politico named Luis Miranda, and his son, Lin-Manuel. All I can think of is: What if Lin-Manuel Miranda is more influenced by Lou Bega? I'd like the idea of a song based on Mambo No. 5 where Hamilton's listing off all his romantic relationships.

PNWKing

Banned
I'd like to see a movie based on the book White Noise by Dom DeBeglio. Maybe this could be Sam Raimi's warm up project at Columbia before he starts work on Batman.

@OldNavy1988, It’s 1988 and still no Dr. Slump, what happened?

Dr. Slump started on Showtime in the fall of 1985.

English dub produced by Hanna-Barbera and Touchstone Television.

Select Voices
Alyson Court as Arale Norimaki
Russi Taylor as Akane Kimidori
Cam Clarke as Tarou Soramame
Terry McGovern as Senbei Norimaki
Nancy Cartwright as Gajira Norimaki
Brad Garrett as Gyaska

I'd like to think of a young New York politico named Luis Miranda, and his son, Lin-Manuel. All I can think of is: What if Lin-Manuel Miranda is more influenced by Lou Bega? I'd like the idea of a song based on Mambo No. 5 where Hamilton's listing off all his romantic relationships.

That would be a nice idea.

I'd like to see a movie based on the book White Noise by Dom DeBeglio. Maybe this could be Sam Raimi's warm up project at Columbia before he starts work on Batman.

I'm not too familiar with White Noise. Is there a cast of characters.

Will Halloween 4, 5, and 6 still get made?

Yeah, but they'll still be the same as OTL.

What about the Star Trek franchise?

The Next Generation airs Tuesday nights on NBC.

As for the film series, script disputes between Roddenberry and RKO have held up the production of the third installment.

Dr. Slump started on Showtime in the fall of 1985.

English dub produced by Hanna-Barbera and Touchstone Television.

Select Voices
Alyson Court as Arale Norimaki
Russi Taylor as Akane Kimidori
Cam Clarke as Tarou Soramame
Terry McGovern as Senbei Norimaki
Nancy Cartwright as Gajira Norimaki
Brad Garrett as Gyaska
1: Glad to see the dub actually got made.
2: Casting Loonette as the English voice of Arale makes way too much sense.
3: I'm impressed that Terry McGovern was able to do both Launchpad and Senbei. Then again, it's very likely that the dub ended in 1987 to free McGovern up for the role of the most accident-prone bird in Disney history. And I'm including both Orville AND Wilbur on this one!

White Noise (1988 Film)
White Noise
Released on June 10, 1988.
Based on the book by Dom DeLillo.

Production Company
Renaissance Pictures

Distributor
Columbia Pictures

Directed by
Sam Raimi

Screenplay by
Sam and Ivan Raimi

Executive Producers
George Lucas
Sam Raimi
Robert Tapert

Cast
Jack Nicholson as Jack Gladney
Carrie Fisher as Babette
Wil Wheaton as Heinrich Gerhardt
Candice Bergen as Dana Breedlove
Tiffany Brissette as Bee
Diane Keaton as Tweedy Browner
Danica McKellar as Denise
Mayim Bialik as Steffie
Jonathan Taylor Thomas (screen debut) as Wilder [1]
Nancy McKeon as Mary Alice
Bruce Campbell as Murray Jay Siskind
Omri Katz as Orest Mercator
Burgess Meredith as Vernon Dickey
Donald Sutherland as Willie Mink
Caroline Blakiston as Winnie Richards
Julie Newmar as Janet Savory.

[1] NOTE: Wilder is seven years old in the movie, even though he was only two years old in the book. The aging-up of the character is the only real change from the novel, but his linguistic development is still depicted to be just as slow.

Despite rave reviews and opening at #2 behind Fox's Big, the decision to release White Noise in mid-June would bite Columbia in the ass just two weeks later.​

1: Glad to see the dub actually got made.
2: Casting Loonette as the English voice of Arale makes way too much sense.
3: I'm impressed that Terry McGovern was able to do both Launchpad and Senbei. Then again, it's very likely that the dub ended in 1987 to free McGovern up for the role of the most accident-prone bird in Disney history. And I'm including both Orville AND Wilbur on this one!

Alyson was Loonette from the Big Comfy Couch??? I totally forgot!!!

Alyson was Loonette from the Big Comfy Couch??? I totally forgot!!!
Well, at least fan art of Arale as Loonette, and also vice versa, would be rampant in the Internet Age. Now, who would be an appropriate Molly for this?

And about that whole "bite Columbia in the ass" hint, I am entirely intrigued as to how they'd get their just desserts served to them on a silver platter.
EDIT: Scratch that. I know why, and this is going to be DELICIOUS!

Well, at least fan art of Arale as Loonette, and also vice versa, would be rampant in the Internet Age. Now, who would be an appropriate Molly for this?

And about that whole "bite Columbia in the ass" hint, I am entirely intrigued as to how they'd get their just desserts served to them on a silver platter.
EDIT: Scratch that. I know why, and this is going to be DELICIOUS!
My cousin used to watch Big Comfy Couch when it came on PBS in the states. I think Molly was silent and used thought balloons to communicate with Loonette.

My cousin used to watch Big Comfy Couch when it came on PBS in the states. I think Molly was silent and used thought balloons to communicate with Loonette.
You would be correct.

On that note, once we get to Roger Rabbit, would it be possible to get the reactions of Disney's competitors when they find out that the Mouse has managed to take first and second place at the Box Office both at once?