As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
I vote for Fred Phelps to take over as head for the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television.
I'd say Funtime should buy Great America.
I'm surprised about Lady and the Tramp
Not to mention the implications of having an actress named "Tiffany" do a voice like that. I wonder what Walt, Jr. thinks of it.
Speaking of Walt, Jr., I'm sure DuckTales' success makes many people realize he can do with his dad's creation.

Ernest "Fritz" Hollings, Rush Limbaugh, Terry Rakolta, Pat Robertson, James Dobson and Fred Phelps are on the shortlist to take over for Donald Wildmon as head of the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television.
- Headline News

Six Kings and Funtime place bids for Marriott's Great America park.
- The San Jose Mercury News

Lady and the Tramp
sets a new Disney record for the studio's highest selling VHS release.
- Variety

Small Wonder
cartoon is SBC's Biggest Blunder of 1987. The network pulled the plug on the Saturday morning version of Small Wonder. VICI's monotone voice, supplied by Tiffany Brissette who also plays the character on the live action sitcom, had become a source of annoyance even to kids. An indicator of what little faith SBC had that the sitcom would translate into animation was pretty much the fact that it was purposely scheduled to be pre-empted on the west coast by the network's coverage of Notre Dame college football.
- The New York Times

Most markets' local newscasts lay a goose egg as DuckTales dominates the 4:30 PM time slot.
- TV Guide
I'd choose either Rush Limbaugh or Pat Robertson for this role. And this is because I've barely even heard of the others!

Both companies would have stuff to gain from Great America, but I'd have to go with Funtime here, mainly because I think Six Kings has more than enough time to live.

I'm impressed!

Yeah, I can't say they didn't earn this distinction. On the other hand, it's not as sex-crazed as the Nancy Drew cartoon from Filmation during the 70's. Which would explain a few things later down the road for the studio.

I can see it all now. Scrooge Beats News While Markets Snooze!

Ernest "Fritz" Hollings, Rush Limbaugh, Terry Rakolta, Pat Robertson, James Dobson and Fred Phelps are on the shortlist to take over for Donald Wildmon as head of the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television.
- Headline News

Six Kings and Funtime place bids for Marriott's Great America park.
- The San Jose Mercury News

Lady and the Tramp
sets a new Disney record for the studio's highest selling VHS release.
- Variety

Small Wonder
cartoon is SBC's Biggest Blunder of 1987. The network pulled the plug on the Saturday morning version of Small Wonder. VICI's monotone voice, supplied by Tiffany Brissette who also plays the character on the live action sitcom, had become a source of annoyance even to kids. An indicator of what little faith SBC had that the sitcom would translate into animation was pretty much the fact that it was purposely scheduled to be pre-empted on the west coast by the network's coverage of Notre Dame college football.
- The New York Times

Most markets' local newscasts lay a goose egg as DuckTales dominates the 4:30 PM time slot.
- TV Guide
Id go with funtime

Ps Does Six kings own canda wonderland and austilia's wonderland. If so do think that six kingns would build a third wonderland. I know someone has supporting the idea of a major scotish park but as not decided who builds it. So maybe scotlans wonderland would be a could idea. Altenratly they can build it on the

A Muppet Family Christmas (1987 TV Special)
A Muppet Family Christmas
muppet-family-christmas.jpg

First aired on December 16, 1987 on ABC.

Production Company
Jim Henson Studios

Distributor
Touchstone Television

Live Action cast
Gerry Parkes as Jerome "Doc" Crystal
Jim Henson as Himself

Muppet performers
Jim Henson
as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, The Swedish Chef, Waldorf, The Muppet Newsman, Ernie, Guy Smiley, Baby Kermit, and Baby Rowlf
Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Baby Piggy, Baby Fozzie, and Baby Animal
Jerry Nelson as Robin the Frog, Emily Bear, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Count von Count, Camilla the Chicken, Herry Monster, Two-Headed Monster (Left Head), and Gobo Fraggle
Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Statler, Beaker, Kathleen the Cow, Two-Headed Monster (Right Head), Snowman, and Baby Scooter
Dave Goelz as Gonzo the Great, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, Beauregard, Boober Fraggle, Traveling Matt, and Baby Gonzo
Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat, Lips, Wembley Fraggle, Sprocket the Dog, and Christmas Turkey
Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch
Kathryn Mullen as Mokey Fraggle
Karen Prell as Red Fraggle and Maureen the Mink
David Rudman as Miss Piggy's Photographer (voice)

After that first broadcast proved successful, A Muppet Family Christmas would go on to become one of the most popular holiday specials of all time.​

Who's going tob buy abc captila cities and the great advueture themepark and lake componce. I am leaning towards cedar fair buying the the parks and turner warner corman and warren buffet for abc

PNWKing

Banned
Who's going tob buy abc captila cities and the great advueture themepark and lake componce. I am leaning towards cedar fair buying the the parks and turner warner corman and warren buffet for abc
I think all three companies have a pretty good chance of ending up in the hands of PepsiCo, Sears, Wometco, General Mills, General Motors, Levi Strauss & Co., or even Jordan Belfort.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV Series)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Launched on December 14, 1987 in syndication.

Production Companies
Murakami-Wolf-Swenson
Mirage Studios
Playmates Toys
Surge Licensing

VHS/Laserdisc Releases
Family Home Entertainment (FHE)

Based upon characters created by
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird

Recurring Voices
Cam Clarke as Leonardo and Rocksteady
Barry Gordon as Donatello and Bebop
Rob Paulsen as Raphael
Townsend Coleman as Michaelangelo
Renae Jacobs as April O'Neil
Pat Morita as Oroku Saki/Shredder
George Takei as Hamato Yoshi/Splinter
Pat Fraley as Baxter Stockman and Krang​

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
I had an idea. So Disney might want to diversify outside of the media sphere. RJR Nabisco owned the Crunch and Butterfinger candy bars. So what if Tiffany gets obsessed with Crunch or Butterfinger bars and Walt, Jr. realizing that his daughter likes these bars that the company is for sale decides to buy them. IOTL these bars were sold to Nestle who sold them to Ferraro in 2018.

I had an idea. So Disney might want to diversify outside of the media sphere. RJR Nabisco owned the Crunch and Butterfinger candy bars. So what if Tiffany gets obsessed with Crunch or Butterfinger bars and Walt, Jr. realizing that his daughter likes these bars that the company is for sale decides to buy them. IOTL these bars were sold to Nestle who sold them to Ferraro in 2018.
Walt Disney Entertainment owning a chocolate bar or two? This wouldn't be something I'd expect.

Well, Bart Simpson was Butterfinger's spokesperson in the 90s, and The Simpsons is a Disney property both currently IOTL and ITTL, so...