As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Does anybody like the the universa or CBS l buyingout hasbro. After all they onw a good chunk of tristar and tristar disbusies Hasbro's flims. The reason i didn't suggest paramont is because parmont owns sega and hasbro is the american disbutior for nintendo

Does anybody like the the universa or CBS l buyingout hasbro. After all they onw a good chunk of tristar and tristar disbusies Hasbro's flims. The reason i didn't suggest paramont is because parmont owns sega and hasbro is the american disbutior for nintendo
Now that you mention it, perhaps this could work. I know that this isn't that much of a likely scenario, but I'd approve of this is it ends up happening.

PNWKing

Banned
Actually, could Tonka/Parker Bros. be sold to MCA, Paramount Communications, Disney, Warner, Turner, or Bally. I suggest this because they own a ton of classic board games, especially Monopoly and I would like to see a Monopoly game show.

Actually, could Tonka/Parker Bros. be sold to MCA, Paramount Communications, Disney, Warner, Turner, or Bally. I suggest this because they own a ton of classic board games, especially Monopoly and I would like to see a Monopoly game show.
There as a short lived monopoly game . It was hosted by a former jeopardy champion, aired on ABC, and alasted 12 episodes during 1990.

If this is so that you can see a more popular game show based on Monopoly, why not let CBS buy Parker Brothers? That is, if CBS owns Merv Griffin Enterprises as part of their purchase of Columbia Pictures. If they don't, then it'll be a harder sell.

PNWKing

Banned
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? was created by a company called Broderbund. Broderbund mostly made business and productivity software, but also developed this game. Would it be possible for Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? to be made by Atari, and thus for the subsequent TV series to be made by Disney and Grantray-Lawrence?

PNWKing

Banned
If Progress City Detroit (Motor City or whatever it's called) is successful, then I feel like Warner Bros. should build a theme park in suburban Detroit. However, WB only has the Looney Tunes characters. Would it be possible for Warner Bros. to license from News Corp. (Miramax), Henson (Hanna-Barbera & Muppets), Metromedia (New Line), or Bally (HBO)?

If Progress City Detroit (Motor City or whatever it's called) is successful, then I feel like Warner Bros. should build a theme park in suburban Detroit. However, WB only has the Looney Tunes characters. Would it be possible for Warner Bros. to license from News Corp. (Miramax), Henson (Hanna-Barbera & Muppets), Metromedia (New Line), or Bally (HBO)?
Well, WB bought the rights to Speed Racer roughly five years ago, so that could work for an attraction and/or stunt show.

However, if they should have to get a licensing deal, I'd hope for Henson to be the company to do it.

Of these, the Atari Snowcap makes the least sense. After all, Atari isn't the one that's owned by Paramount.
Fair enough; it was the codename for in in-house OS they were working on for their cancelled 16-bit PCs IOTL, but given that Paramount is going all-in on their mountain logo for naming conventions I can see where you're coming from.
Maybe as an alternative name for the Genesis, under the title of the Sega Snowcap. It rolls off the tongue good enough.
Ya know...I kinda like that!
I suggest this because they own a ton of classic board games, especially Monopoly and I would like to see a Monopoly game show.
There actually was one, didn't last very long though...
There as a short lived monopoly game . It was hosted by a former jeopardy champion, aired on ABC, and alasted 12 episodes during 1990.
Ah, ninja'd....
Broderbund mostly made business and productivity software, but also developed this game.
They actually made (or at least published) a bunch of edutainment games. The Carmen Sandiego games are the most famous, but they also made Logical Journey of the Zoombinis.

Is it possible that there could be an earlier version of Black Panther and if possible choose Denzel Washington to play T'Challa?

Last edited:
Star Tours (1987 Disney Park Ride)
Star Tours
sta031239SMALL.jpg

Opened on December 4, 1987 at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

Coming to Tokyo Disney World, Nara Disneyland and the Disney-Fox Studios Theme Park in Spring 1989.

Based on the popular 20th Century-Fox/Amblin Entertainment film franchise, Star Tours replaced Adventure Thru Inner Space, which had been at Disneyland's Tomorrowland since 1967. The previous attraction began to show its age, and the public's perception of Monsanto, the longtime sponsor of Inner Space, began to sour. Of course, the ride's opening coincided with the Disney organization's yearlong celebration of the Star Wars saga's tenth anniversary.

Attraction Cast
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
Paul Reubens as Captain RX-24 aka Rex
Stephanie Taylor as the Safety Instructor
Peter Mayhew cameo as Chewbacca
Steve Gawley cameo as Red Leader (onboard video)
Brian Cummings as the Vid-Screen Announcer for Planetary Destinations (voice)

hqdefault.jpg

A screencap from an OTL commercial for the attraction (above).

Here's the original ride film, which is very much the same as it was IOTL.

Star Tours
sta031239SMALL.jpg

Opened on December 4, 1987 at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

Coming to Tokyo Disney World, Nara Disneyland and the Disney-Fox Studios Theme Park in Spring 1989.

Based on the popular 20th Century-Fox/Amblin Entertainment film franchise, Star Tours replaced Adventure Thru Inner Space, which had been at Disneyland's Tomorrowland since 1967. The previous attraction began to show its age, and the public's perception of Monsanto, the longtime sponsor of Inner Space, began to sour. Of course, the ride's opening coincided with the Disney organization's yearlong celebration of the Star Wars saga's tenth anniversary.

Attraction Cast
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
Paul Reubens as Captain RX-24 aka Rex
Stephanie Taylor as the Safety Instructor
Peter Mayhew cameo as Chewbacca
Steve Gawley cameo as Red Leader (onboard video)
Brian Cummings as the Vid-Screen Announcer for Planetary Destinations (voice)

hqdefault.jpg

A screencap from an OTL commercial for the attraction (above).

Here's the original ride film, which is very much the same as it was IOTL.
Nara Disneyland is so close to Tokyo Disneyland that Disney should be carefull not to have to much ride duplcation. I Peronally feel that Nara Disneyland should have been retheme around or after the time tokoyo disney world opened or that tokoyo disneyworld so be reconed into Dsineyland Korea. I know that nara and yokham deream were close to other but I belive there sizable themeing differnces.If nara disneyland was rethemed it should be rethemed to jappanese culutal. Toko disneyland only jappanes culture themed actrations were meet the world and eneteral see.

Nara Disneyland is so close to Tokyo Disneyland that Disney should be carefull not to have to much ride duplcation. I Peronally feel that Nara Disneyland should have been retheme around or after the time tokoyo disney world opened or that tokoyo disneyworld so be reconed into Dsineyland Korea. I know that nara and yokham deream were close to other but I belive there sizable themeing differnces.If nara disneyland was rethemed it should be rethemed to jappanese culutal. Toko disneyland only jappanes culture themed actrations were meet the world and eneteral see.
Nara's version is dubbed in Japanese while Tokyo's version is in English with Japanese subtitles.

PNWKing

Banned
I think Universal should open a park in Japan next. (MCA's got cash to burn, what with three of the top ten Saturday Morning cartoons produced by Universal.) With three gaijin-owned amusement parks in Japan, I think that a Japanese company (I would prefer Mitsubishi Real Estate, a division of Japan's largest conglomerate Mitsubishi) should establish a park themed around Japan and Japanese culture. Would it be possible for Sanrio, Shonen Jump, and possibly a company like Konami or Capcom to license to this park?

I think Universal should open a park in Japan next. (MCA's got cash to burn, what with three of the top ten Saturday Morning cartoons produced by Universal.) With three gaijin-owned amusement parks in Japan, I think that a Japanese company (I would prefer Mitsubishi Real Estate, a division of Japan's largest conglomerate Mitsubishi) should establish a park themed around Japan and Japanese culture. Would it be possible for Sanrio, Shonen Jump, and possibly a company like Konami or Capcom to license to this park?
I belive that famous studios owns the right to hashimoto san the first janpanes charter in american cartoon to be depited in a resptable why. How some peole have accuesed haismot san as being a bit sterotypical

PNWKing

Banned
I believe that Atari should name their console the Atari Wildcat. Would it also be possible for Atari to team up with Phillips to add a CD drive to their console? If it comes out in 1990, you have the first console with a CD drive ever.

Entertainment News for December 1987
Ernest "Fritz" Hollings, Rush Limbaugh, Terry Rakolta, Pat Robertson, James Dobson and Fred Phelps are on the shortlist to take over for Donald Wildmon as head of the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television.
- Headline News

Six Kings and Funtime place bids for Marriott's Great America park.
- The San Jose Mercury News

Lady and the Tramp
sets a new Disney record for the studio's highest selling VHS release.
- Variety

Small Wonder
cartoon is SBC's Biggest Blunder of 1987. The network pulled the plug on the Saturday morning version of Small Wonder. VICI's monotone voice, supplied by Tiffany Brissette who also plays the character on the live action sitcom, had become a source of annoyance even to kids. An indicator of what little faith SBC had that the sitcom would translate into animation was pretty much the fact that it was purposely scheduled to be pre-empted on the west coast by the network's coverage of Notre Dame college football.
- The New York Times

Most markets' local newscasts lay a goose egg as DuckTales dominates the 4:30 PM time slot.
- TV Guide