As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
I have a few thoughts on the car industry. For one, AMC should survive past 1983 as an independent company. GM was outbid by Ford for Jaguar, and entered into negotiations with the Wallenberg family to buy Saab. I propose GM grab Jaguar. Next, Saab joins into an alliance with AMC, Fiat, and Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru.) Then, Volkswagen buys Chrysler, while General Motors sells interest in Suzuki & Toyota to focus on Isuzu. Geo is then launched as a subbrand of Chevrolet, selling models from Isuzu, Opel, and any other foreign companies GM has alliances with.

Tokyo Disney World Grand Opening
Tokyo Disney World
780x463_041318_unique-things-at-tokyo-disneyland_1.jpg

The Grand Opening for Tokyo Disney World was held on April 15, 1983. On hand for the ribbon cutting ceremony were Walt Disney, Jr. along with Masatomo Takahashi, then-head of the Oriental Land Company.

Opening Day Attractions
WORLD BAZAAR

The Main Street area of the park.

Horizon Spaceport
The Tomorrowland area of the park.

Star Jets
Space Mountain
Grand Circuit Raceway
The Eternal Sea
Journey Into Imagination

Fantasyland
Cinderella's Castle
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Peter Pan's Flight
Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Adventureland
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Enchanted Tiki Room

Westernland
The Frontierland area of the park
Huck's Landing
Tom Sawyer Island
Mark Twain Riverboat
Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes

I have a few thoughts on the car industry. For one, AMC should survive past 1983 as an independent company. GM was outbid by Ford for Jaguar, and entered into negotiations with the Wallenberg family to buy Saab. I propose GM grab Jaguar. Next, Saab joins into an alliance with AMC, Fiat, and Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru.) Then, Volkswagen buys Chrysler, while General Motors sells interest in Suzuki & Toyota to focus on Isuzu. Geo is then launched as a subbrand of Chevrolet, selling models from Isuzu, Opel, and any other foreign companies GM has alliances with.
And how do we keep DeLorean alive?

I like the idea of disney become a major multi industry conglomerate. They have already started to distrfiy in computer by buying atria and rel estate with the progress city intive. I would like them to expand into auto. The best way I can think of disny to expand into auto is by buyng chrsyler or amc. Ps does any body like idea of walt disney the thrid running for president in 2016 and 2020.

Tokyo Disney World
780x463_041318_unique-things-at-tokyo-disneyland_1.jpg

The Grand Opening for Tokyo Disney World was held on April 15, 1983. On hand for the ribbon cutting ceremony were Walt Disney, Jr. along with Masatomo Takahashi, then-head of the Oriental Land Company.

Opening Day Attractions
WORLD BAZAAR

The Main Street area of the park.

Horizon Spaceport
The Tomorrowland area of the park.

Star Jets
Space Mountain
Grand Circuit Raceway
The Eternal Sea
Journey Into Imagination

Fantasyland
Cinderella's Castle
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Peter Pan's Flight
Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Adventureland
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Enchanted Tiki Room

Westernland
The Frontierland area of the park
Huck's Landing
Tom Sawyer Island
Mark Twain Riverboat
Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes

I hope you don't mind that i am bring up my fear of tkoyo disney will cnavlize nara disney. Thus I thnk nara disny will need a major make over. I suggest that nara disey be turned into a park detaied to japne hisoty and culture. Disnye should brng in a jappnese manga and or anime company as a parnet. I would rename nara disny land disney wonder of japane park, disney rsing sun island or disney sungun kingdom. anybody got any other suggestions

PNWKing

Banned
I think Rax should not run the "Mr. Delicious" ad campaign. Mr. Delicious was a failed Rax attempt at making a mascot, profiled by the Vlog Brothers (Hank and John Green.) He was like a Leisure Suit Larry/Glenn Quagmire type character whose big problem was that he wasn't really a well-defined character with his ad campaign. Rax was already going through management problems at the time, but I think that Mr. Delicious was the last nail in the straw. It would also help if General Foods sold Rax to General Mills, Berkshire Hathaway, Marriott, Ramada Inn, Holiday Inn, or even an investor like Jordan Belfort.

PNWKing

Banned
Is @OldNavy1988 butterflying Tarzan, I know this TL started at the beginning of the George Floyd protests and that might explain why a film with some problematic "white savior" narratives is butterflied. But the songs written for the movie are so good. Why can't those songs be used for a different project ITTL?

Why can't those songs be used for a different project ITTL?
Thanks to your post, I decided to look up the Tarzan soundtrack, and I actually came up with some good ideas for how to salvage the iconic songs...

Two Worlds: A potential movie where Mickey and Oswald reunite on the silver screen. However, this will require Universal to either trade or sell the rights to the Lucky Rabbit back to Disney in the first place.
You'll Be In My Heart: An adaptation of Mistress Masham's Repose, which was a cancelled Disney movie IOTL.
Son of Man: The theme of a generic late-90's TV movie about a teen with daddy issues.
Strangers Like Me: Perhaps Mighty Joe Young includes this in a touching moment?
Trashin' the Camp: Maybe the Aerosmith attraction at Walt Disney World ends up as an NSYNC attraction, and that song ends up as part of the soundtrack?

Yeah, you can tell which ones I had trouble coming up with ideas for.

Two Worlds: A potential movie where Mickey and Oswald reunite on the silver screen. However, this will require Universal to either trade or sell the rights to the Lucky Rabbit back to Disney in the first place.
Walter Lantz already sold Oswald and all of the rabbit's cartoons back to Disney in 1947 ITTL, so that the former could get funding for the disasterous Hans Brinker film produced by his studio and directed by Bob Clampett.

And to make things sweeter, both The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949) and Cinderella (1950) combined made five times the domestic box office that Hans Brinker (1949) generated.
So, with this in mind, has there been any plans to incorporate Oswald into the Disney lexicon since 1947? And if not, could there be plans in the future?