Arua - World Building Project

I need an artificial world map for my conlangs. I propose you create a world similar to Earth.

1. A world similar to Earth, without magical elements.

2. At least three large continents (rather in northern hemisphere), including two latitudinal ones. These two continents are to create between themselves a pool area similar to the Mediterranean

Suggested map:

emptybam-png.206761

s2mJWee.png

I started working on this at lunch... I'll work on it some more when I get home. I really like the concept of this and It seems to be really good practice for map-making. I'm onboard!

I love worldbuilding and I'll help you with this project from the 15th onwards if you want me to, as then I'll have access to a computer.

Old

And here's a really, really rough draft. It shows the five continents, as well as some lakes & islands. I'd love to have some input on it, or for someone more capable to take over some region to continue to refine it!

I tried to get the basic shapes of the continents from a mental "Pangea" I had in mind, with plate tectonics starting to rip them away as well as begin to form new continents and islands as the planet's core churns.

Last edited:
C2VhFdE.png

Just a quick mockup of what my current working continents look like on a sphere. The northern continent actually has a nice amount that is below the arctic circle.

Very good job.

It would be useful a some high mountains, similar to Andes (maybe in a part of 'Africa'?).

I will name the continents.

I'll totally do that if someone doesn't get to it by this weekend! I was hoping to finish Avile, northern Arguna, and western Airi first before moving on to other places.

To be sure, the part you are calling "Africa" is Ikora right?

VT45

Banned
I thought this might be useful in cleaning up the coastlines a bit, rather than going around and outlining it by hand and leading to bad border juju. I love this project so far btw. Keep it up!

I thought this might be useful in cleaning up the coastlines a bit, rather than going around and outlining it by hand and leading to bad border juju. I love this project so far btw. Keep it up!

This just seems complex. I've been testing the border function in Photoshop and it works fine so long as I isolate the layers that contain the islands that exist just as borders.