Aragon kings rule france

What if Aragon merges with france under the crown of Aragon or a Crown of Aragon France...

what is the best POD?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be offensive here mimeyo but can I request that when you post scenarios you be a bit more in depth than "what if x merges with y"

For example your above post could be:

"What if a King of Aragon inherits France (or vice versa) before 1400.
Will we get a stronger united France-Aragon, will it spit into more Kingdoms and what would they be?
How will an Aragon-France affect relations with England especially inheritance by the Angevins, or relations with Castile and Navarre?"

It will show that you've thought things through more and your scenario won't get written off as a NoobWI.

I repeat that I'm not being offensive just offering unsolicited advice ;)

I'm not trying to be offensive here mimeyo but can I request that when you post scenarios you be a bit more in depth than "what if x merges with y"

For example your above post could be:

"What if a King of Aragon inherits France (or vice versa) before 1400.
Will we get a stronger united France-Aragon, will it spit into more Kingdoms and what would they be?
How will an Aragon-France affect relations with England especially inheritance by the Angevins, or relations with Castile and Navarre?"

It will show that you've thought things through more and your scenario won't get written off as a NoobWI.

I repeat that I'm not being offensive just offering unsolicited advice ;)

Yup but I like asking without POD's...

Yup but I like asking without POD's...
Yes, but it's pretty annoying how fast you roll with them.

Anyhow I once postulated that if the marriage of Isabella of Castille to Louis XI's brother Charles went through and Charles somehow gained the crown in some of his various plottings against Louis (say by having his son assassinated but letting Louis died as on schedule) but still died early (probably from an STD) that Isabella would be left as regent of France for well, nobody since France can't be ruled by ladies. In that case it might not be impossible for her to marry.... Ferdinand of Aragon (as a compromise candidate).

Muwaha. It was silly postulate but still fun.

Last edited:
Yes, but it's pretty annoying how fast you roll with them.

Anyhow I once postulated that if the marriage of Isabella of Castille to Louis XI's brother Charles went through and Charles somehow gained the crown in some of his various plottings against Louis (say by having his son assassinated but letting Louis died as on schedule) but still died early (probably from an STD) that Isabella would be left as regent of France for well, nobody since France can't be ruled by ladies. In that case it might not be impossible for her to marry.... Ferdinand of Aragon (as a compromise candidate).

Muwaha. It was silly postulate but still fun.

Yup..

But what would it look like in the present would the status of Catalan/Occitan and French be turned upside down