April 1942 Alternate Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think i could get away with it. Not a name that lends itself to a ship.. then again I could end up being the call sign of a pilot that can’t read a compass and disappears into the South Pacific.... so maybe not.
A pretty impressive feat for those long range drop tanks on the Albacores, to reach the Pacific starting from west of the Andaman Islands ;)

Think i could get away with it. Not a name that lends itself to a ship.. then again I could end up being the call sign of a pilot that can’t read a compass and disappears into the South Pacific.... so maybe not.

Oh I don't know. Lammypie Maru has a certain.................. style to it. Next up, Lollipop Maru. A good ship.

Not that I would taunt the author, but I reckon I am safe for...oh maybe another 15 years.

I guess I will never be sunk as a Japanese merchant ship: "JeandeBueil Maru...", well that doesn't sound very asian. So I guess I can taunt the author as much as I want. :winkytongue: Or perhaps Zheng will sink me as a Free French auxiliary cruiser in the most horrible manner: Jean de Bueil was Admiral of France in the XVth century after all.

I guess I will never be sunk as a Japanese merchant ship: "JeandeBueil Maru...", well that doesn't sound very asian. So I guess I can taunt the author as much as I want.
I suggest the MV El Pip is incredibly un-Japanese sounding, yet it still managed to get bombed. So don't get too confident, the bombs can still find you regardless of name.

Plus merchant ships often have incredible names. The Container ship Anl Explorer for instance.

I guess I will never be sunk as a Japanese merchant ship: "JeandeBueil Maru...", well that doesn't sound very asian. So I guess I can taunt the author as much as I want. :winkytongue: Or perhaps Zheng will sink me as a Free French auxiliary cruiser in the most horrible manner: Jean de Bueil was Admiral of France in the XVth century after all.

Or perhaps a French merchant ship taken in Indochina!

You could be French ship captured by the Japanese though.:p

I suggest the MV El Pip is incredibly un-Japanese sounding, yet it still managed to get bombed. So don't get too confident, the bombs can still find you regardless of name.

Plus merchant ships often have incredible names. The Container ship Anl Explorer for instance.

The Japanese grabbed plenty of foreign ships, about one million tons worth in their initial contests so there you go.

Sounds as if a lot of posters would choose not to be set aflame from stem to stern.

*cough* *cough*

titan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.