Apollo 18?

Was watching https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_18_(film) this the other day, and was quite interested by its premise. I did want to explore the on-Earth reactions to the failed mission, and what the USSR would say about their secret moon landing?

I personally think that the US wouldn't just shut down the program because of some rock spiders, but would instead experiment and launch probes or something instead.

Never saw the whole movie but watched the trailer and the ending scene. Seems quite interesting tbh, but it almost seems like an unstoppable plague. If i was america, knowing that was there, I know where I would conduct all my future nuclear weapon detonation testings at. The moon.

Never saw the whole movie but watched the trailer and the ending scene. Seems quite interesting tbh, but it almost seems like an unstoppable plague. If i was america, knowing that was there, I know where I would conduct all my future nuclear weapon detonation testings at. The moon.

It was a pretty creepy movie in places. They did a really good of mimicking Apollo photography.

y'all should check out the TV Tropes headscratchers page for this--it brings up some good discussion points on this and provides some possible explanations for the aliens. i typed up a bit on there, myself.