Apollo 18?

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by lightning dude, Nov 30, 2018.

1. lightning dude Bruh Moment

Was watching https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_18_(film) this the other day, and was quite interested by its premise. I did want to explore the on-Earth reactions to the failed mission, and what the USSR would say about their secret moon landing?

I personally think that the US wouldn't just shut down the program because of some rock spiders, but would instead experiment and launch probes or something instead.

2. Adrasteia Well-Known Member

Never saw the whole movie but watched the trailer and the ending scene. Seems quite interesting tbh, but it almost seems like an unstoppable plague. If i was america, knowing that was there, I know where I would conduct all my future nuclear weapon detonation testings at. The moon.

3. Wolttaire Well-Known Member

Well isn't the infection on earth now

4. lightning dude Bruh Moment

There was a vague mention of missing moon rocks at the end.

New Cleo Genesis and Wolttaire like this.
  5. Mike Stearns Member

It was a pretty creepy movie in places. They did a really good of mimicking Apollo photography.

cpip likes this.
  6. Dave Howery laughs at your pain

I had to wonder about the viability of that... if those critters were born and bred to live on the moon, wouldn't earth's gravity crush them?

7. lightning dude Bruh Moment

We have really no way to tell. But Scary Moon Rock Spiders are Scary, man.

The Tai-Pan likes this.
  8. oshron Emperor of Rplegacy

y'all should check out the TV Tropes headscratchers page for this--it brings up some good discussion points on this and provides some possible explanations for the aliens. i typed up a bit on there, myself.

9. Tim Thomason Monthly Donor

I watched this movie in theaters, and I completely forgot the entire plot and storyline. Not a good sign.

New Cleo Genesis likes this.