Apocalypse 1992: an Experimental Timeline

Hello! This is an interesting type of TL which is very unique (at least from what I've seen on this site.) Allow me to explain, this TL is a modified collaborative TL. The modifications are that first, you only follow one country, second, because this post apocalyptic, you can make your own countries. All countries are controlled by a person using this thread. You can do anything within that country, government, foreign policy, economy, and more is all up to you, though it does have to at least be somewhat realistic. at least to an extent, realistic. If you make a decision that is too extravagant, I, as this thread's creator, can redact the decision. I'll also make more moderators that can redact decisions. In order to become a moderator, you must have at least five posts and win a poll which I'll make. Also, if you are inactive, some of your land may be given to new people to make room. Finally, this is an experiment, so feedback is welcome. Now, onto the scenario! It's 1989, the USSR's sphere of influence is breaking away from it. Gorbachev doesn't really do much about it, but the party insiders in the Soviet Union are furious. They decide to assassinate Gorbachev and take power for themselves to keep the USSR alive. The plan works and the Soviets try to regain power in Eastern Europe and suppress anti-Soviet sentiment within the borders of the USSR. But by this point it's too late and in 1990, 1991, and 1992 Eastern Europe is enveloped in numerous bloody wars. By the fall of 1992, however, it becomes clear the USSR can't win. And so, they decide to launch nukes at the rebellious nations. The USA retaliates by militarily supporting the anti-communist rebels. In response, the USSR launches nukes at the USA and so begins the nuclear apocalypse. By the end of 1992, all nations have collapsed (I know that is a bit ASB but I want this TL to be as close to the present as I can make it.) A few decades later, humanity has recovered enough to start forming new countries.

In what was once the Istanbul, a new country arises, it's the New Byzantine Empire, which currently controls Istanbul (renamed Constantinople) and some of the surrounding area. It is rich from controlling the Bosporus and makes ships traveling through there pay a fee for traveling through the Bosporus. Because of it's wealth it is frequently subject to raids from outside, however, the capital, Constantinople, is easily defend able and they have always pushed the raiders back.
byzantomap.png

Hello! This is an interesting type of TL which is very unique (at least from what I've seen on this site.) Allow me to explain, this TL is a modified collaborative TL. The modifications are that first, you only follow one country, second, because this post apocalyptic, you can make your own countries. All countries are controlled by a person using this thread. You can do anything within that country, government, foreign policy, economy, and more is all up to you, though it does have to at least be somewhat realistic. at least to an extent, realistic. If you make a decision that is too extravagant, I, as this thread's creator, can redact the decision. I'll also make more moderators that can redact decisions. In order to become a moderator, you must have at least five posts and win a poll which I'll make. Also, if you are inactive, some of your land may be given to new people to make room. Finally, this is an experiment, so feedback is welcome.
We have a forum for that.