Anybody Remember “Captain Confederacy” By Will Shetterly and Vince Stone?

The initial premise was interesting, but could not support much of a series, even a mini-series. The subsequent attempts to turn it into a thing... erm, yeah, basically more world building was dumped on it and with better art, but with no story to hang on it. I know the author was active on the Internet during the Dialup Era and would actually post on forums and newsgroups whenever his stuff would get brought up. The story works the best for me when it deals with the actual Cap'n Confederacy and his gradual realization his society is an utter sham. I also liked his horrifically racist girlfriend and love interest, who is only on the TV-show which broadcasts his "adventures" because she is the niece of the president and the president is curious if the supersoldier formula can work on her niece so it can possibly work on her, because that's how DNA works or something. Anyway, her character works, because she's not casually racist, but due to her insecurity is out of her way racist to everyone. But once the comic strays from the main character, woof, does it go barking up every tree it can find and loses it way. The Japanese superhero working undercover as a therapist for the Confederate expy-CIA boss of Cap'n... man, that some ugly and uglier dialogue. And the less said about the Cajun Biracial Bi-everything Prince look-alike, the better.