Any interest in classical music timelines?

I vaguely recall reading a published short story of an ATL where beethoven finished his 10th Syumphony and it galvanized German nationalism, resulting in an earlier German unification. Sorry, I can't recall title, author or much in the way of detail.

I, too, have read it. It leads to a triumphalist German nationalism in a Grossdeutschland, ie including Austria in ?1848?. Im thinking it was by a major author, but I cant remember who, or where i read it. I googled several things i thought might help, but none did. Sorry.

I've twice floated the idea of WI Mozart lives considerably longer (obviously a pre1900 TL) but garnered only tepid interest.

I've twice floated the idea of WI Mozart lives considerably longer (obviously a pre1900 TL) but garnered only tepid interest.

I've speculated that a major rivalry would develop between the two "great improvizers" of their age - Mozart and Beethoven. Whilst I'm not certain who would win, I think this could lead to the rise of another instrument (such as the glass harmonica) which Mozart was apparently interested in at one point.

I've speculated that a major rivalry would develop between the two "great improvizers" of their age - Mozart and Beethoven. Whilst I'm not certain who would win, I think this could lead to the rise of another instrument (such as the glass harmonica) which Mozart was apparently interested in at one point.

A Mozart Faust opera has long intrigued me.

I'd be interested to read a classical music AH. I'm intrigued what might happen if Mozart and Mendelsohn had lived longer. Also, what direction would George Gershwin have gone if he had lived as long as his brother Ira?

I'd be interested to read a classical music AH. I'm intrigued what might happen if Mozart and Mendelsohn had lived longer. Also, what direction would George Gershwin have gone if he had lived as long as his brother Ira?

There are many roads that a TL could take. I really want to write one, but I haven't found the right scenario yet! :eek: