Another Map Challenge

Don't abandon the other one I created just yet.
This map is meant to be of 1914. War has been going on for several years, though, and this isn't a post-war pic- more like a half-way one.
White nations neutral.

attachment.php

191X.GIF

Raymann

Banned
Well, first what does light green mean? And is that Whales in light blue? Either England never took it or France took Britian and left them free. Anyways looks like France is the agressor with the low countries and all, can't tell much else without more info, or a least a better color scheme.

Hmm... this one`s hard, and it might go back a very long time. Since there is no border between Canada and the US, I`m guessing that means something along the lines of successful US occupation of Canada during the war of 1812?

The Ottomans and the Russian neutrality is curious. Hated enemies for at least a half a century and they aren`t fighting each other? Hmm...

I`m guessing China became "forced to ally" because Japan attacked them, seeing as they are the blue color of "conquerers or territory". Perhaps Japan switched sides in the war, and snatched up French colonies such as Indochina instead of German ones, because it seems that Kaiser Wilhelmsland isn`t conquered. (I do wish that there was a key of alliances, though, but I guess that`s the challenge.)

France is probably down, defeated by Germany. Spain, though... Perhaps German aggression drew them in? (I thought Germany and Spain were friendly?)

The conquered parts of Africa make sense. All of the conquered territory seem to be French and Belgian, probably seized by Germany when the two countries went down.

Native movements appear to be happening all over, in India and Egypt and Anglo-Egyptian Sudan and the like... seems natural, but did it happen OTL?

The Germans probably conquered Sweden and a part of Norway. Since Greenland and Iceland were owned by Denmark at the time, Denmark`s defeat brought those under German control. The little slivers of conquered territory on Nova Scotia and Labrador are VERY curious... I think I`ll go out on a limb and perhaps say that Norse colonization of North America continued to modern day, eventually fallen under the jurisdiction of Norway? But if that happened, Greenland and Iceland probably stayed Norse...

Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't some differentiation between sides have helped? As it stands everyone is either Allied (willingly or forced), Conquered, a Conqueror, Native or Neutral. However, Allied to / Conquered by etc is wholly unclear.

I was hoping that someone could write an elaborate TL just to fit into this map, like the last challange. Try to create a world with France as the aggressor.

0. The POD is supposed to redraw the alliances of WWI. It involves colonial disputes leading back to the home countries.

1. Light green just shows Mexico's expansion into Cuba. They're not really allied with the big groups.

2. Yes, France invaded Britain (but who are they working with?), and is in the process of subjugating Wales.

3. Note Ireland's neutrality.

4. 1914 borders are from Ian's Gateway AH site, which also has the 1922 and 1977 bordered maps. By the way, is he ever going to update it?

5. Note the northern Canadian Islands' colors.

6. If London fell, why wouldn't the U.S. turn Canada into a protectorate?

7. The Ottomans and Russians just didn't participate in this particular war, is all.

8. The darker green countries are forced to ally with the light blue countries. Dark purple countries contain both the aggressors and occupied territory.

9. Sorry if there's no plausible TL to create from this to support a full invasion of all of the places colored. Let's just some shaded areas are not fully occupied, but simply invaded.

10. To be clear once again, it's the light blue nations allied with the reluctant but forced to ally darker green countries vs. the dark purple nations, who were the aggressors. I'm not telling which nations started the aggression, except for an expanded French colonial empire.

Actually, I was thinking that it could have been an Anglo-Franco Kingdom from the time of Henry V (I think). That would unify Britain and France and leave alot of allied nations as former colonies/dominions or allied by marriage.

Diamond

Banned
I still don't get it.

Is the dark blue one faction, and the light blue another?

Who are the 'Forced to Ally' states forced to ally with - lt. or dk. blue?

Ahem. The light blue nations and the greenish ones are both the same alliance. The different color just points out that the green ones were reluctant to ally, possibly because they were pushed into the war when the purple group attacked them.

Forget the light green, I just expanded Mexico a bit.