Another Civ4-inspired alternate colonisation map

Thande

Donor
Going from the 1000AD start point, here's the 2050 end result of another Civ4 Earth scenario game:-

As before, some of the colonisation patterns are quite reminiscent of OTL, while others rather less so.

Civ4 another.GIF

The German colony in between British Egypt and British Southern Sudan seems inaccessible if the two dislike each other

France is weird. How does it keep parts of Quebec, but is in the Eastern Mediterranian? And how did the Caliphate get a landlocked colony in the New World?

MrP

Banned
France is weird. How does it keep parts of Quebec, but is in the Eastern Mediterranian? And how did the Caliphate get a landlocked colony in the New World?

The landlocked colony could be a buffer state between the Brits and Aztecs, a dimished remnant of a more powerful state that once stretched up the entire Mississippi, but was steadily eroded by other powers.

The reference to Free France suggests that France itself is occupied, but her empire has refused to yield. So either a war is ongoing or France proper is occupied. Which t'map does show.

Going from the 1000AD start point, here's the 2050 end result of another Civ4 Earth scenario game:-

As before, some of the colonisation patterns are quite reminiscent of OTL, while others rather less so.
Who did you play as, Thande?

Everyone:

I've got Civ IV (vanilla and Warlords), but hardly have time to play it. Are the AI-controlled nations more intelligent than in previous Civ games?

I've only played a few low-level games (i.e. Settler and the next one up), but noticed the AI wasn't overly aggressive when it came to gobbling up other nations. Was that just a consequence of the individual game itself, or is that indicative of the overall game experience?

RealityBYTES (who still thinks fondly of Civ II)

I prefer Civ 3 to Civ 4. I'm not sure why.

But yeah, the AI basically just expands to unclaimed territory, no matter where it is, so you'd often see nations divided in two or even three parts.

It's pretty ridiculous sometimes.