Ann Aenglikonagur þeddr

• Thread starter Deleted member 105545
  • Start date
Yeah, the Solomonic Dynasty may claim descent from the House of David, but even OTL their nations has a version of Orthodox Christianity on it (Ethiopia became christian even before the Romans) with the jewish population being a minority (today their world-wide population is around 150 thousand), while they may influence the higher classes to convert to judaism, I just don't get how they convinced the commoners to do the same

Deleted member 105545

Yeah, the Solomonic Dynasty may claim descent from the House of David, but even OTL their nations has a version of Orthodox Christianity on it (Ethiopia became christian even before the Romans) with the jewish population being a minority (today their world-wide population is around 150 thousand), while they may influence the higher classes to convert to judaism, I just don't get how they convinced the commoners to do the same
It's simple. The Solominids never converted to Christanity.

It's simple. The Solominids never converted to Christanity.
Ok, the Solomonic Dynasty simply not converting is in itself plausible (there were a jewish resurgent ruler in the end of the 10th century, Judith I, although the records are a little uncertain) but still, how did the entirety of the population convert? Or the oldest point of divergence here is that Ethiopia didn't embrance Judaism in the first centuries AD?

Deleted member 105545

Ok, the Solomonic Dynasty simply not converting is in itself plausible (there were a jewish resurgent ruler in the end of the 10th century, Judith I, although the records are a little uncertain) but still, how did the entirety of the population convert? Or the oldest point of divergence here is that Ethiopia didn't embrance Judaism in the first centuries AD?
There *are* multiple PODs, and that makes more sense than what I was thinking. So... sure?

Deleted member 105545

eee.png