And They Created Prester John's Kingdom-A Timeline

217px-Sunda_padrao.jpg

The Luso-Sundanese Padrao, signifying the arrival of Christianity, on Java.

Some Point in 1522

The age of the Majapahits is already over. The age of the Srivijayans is already over. The western religion identifying itself as "Islam" have swept the lands of Nusantara, and somehow, brought big kingdoms down, and brought unprecedented level of reforms, dissent, and big changes on the lands of Nusantara. And now, it only left the Sunda Kingdom, as a reminder of the old world is supposed to be. With the Demaks and the Cirebons at their doorsteps, the Sunda Kingdom is put at odds. They just simply could not survive the Islamic onslaught, if they still kept up to the old times. Things, are more at odds, as the arrival of the "Portuguese" made things more complicated. So far, their only deed is none other than taking out the Malayan Sultanate. Something that could lessen the Sundanese King's tension in his head. But of course. Its still a minor issue, when compared to the looming threat that is Demak and Cirebon combined. By then, Sri Baduga knew very well, what he must sent. Sending his son, Prabu Suryawisesa to Malacca, the Sundanese king hoped that the Portuguese could be his last bet for survival.

But Sri Baduga thought about something else entirely on his mind. What he knew, is that the white-skinned men of the West carried a cross, not those curly alphabets he saw on the East. This very cross itself, is their religion. Sri Baduga thought of something else. In his mind, the gods have left him. The gods. The Asuras. All of which are nothing but a feeble tale. Maybe, the men of the West's ability to take down the mighty Malayans is none other than the cross they carried. Perhaps, its their source of power, and maybe, indeed, his thoughts is indeed real. The gods does not exists. And the man on the cross is indeed his last bet. But before Prabu Suryawisesa eventually assumed his father's throne, King Sri Baduga left a instruction. A instruction of what will happen, following the arrival of the Portuguese.

The Portuguese eventually arrived, with Prabu Suryawisesa now at the throne of the Sundanese Kingdom. King "Samiao", as what the Portuguese men said, brought a news that even brought shock to Henrique Leme. There, the terms of treaty are more than just spices. More than what the Portuguese are bargaining for.

The Sundanese royal family asked, about the man on the cross.(POD)

AND THEY CREATED PRESTER JOHN'S KINGDOM
A Timeline By Audie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(POD).Yes. Essentially this is basically Islamic Nusantara. Yes! Stay tuned, people.

That isn't phallic at all. Great timeline though!
A Southeast Asian TL? :eek: About alternative spreads of Christianity?? :love:

I'll be reading this!
Holy crap! This looks fascinating! :) :)

Can't wait for more!
I'll definitely be reading this.
I echo Tom Colton's remark. SE Asia doesn't get nearly enough love.
The Khmer Empire (802-1431) surviving until European arrival would also be an interesting TL.

Definitely watching this one too.
I'm always up for Prester John things. Subscribed!
I just wanted to say thanks, and...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebatinan

Go read this, guys, it might get a insight on things to come.

Hindu to Catholic conversion happened in Nusa Tengarra and Philippines so a catholic conversion is possible for hindus...

The portuguese:
Hey kids, have you ever heard of C H R I S T I A N I T Y ?
But will it stay catholic is the question
Catholic Indonesia > Muslim Indonesia.

Nestorian or Buddhist Indonesia >>>>>>> Catholic Indonesia.
Indonesian Cathedrals will be the best Cathedrals :D

One post in, and I think I've found my new TL crush!

Literally i'm laughing NO ONE read about the Kejawen article i posted above.

Trust me, it would be Christian.

NO ONE told you guys, WHAT denomination of it, yes?

Literally i'm laughing NO ONE read about the Kejawen article i posted above.

Trust me, it would be Christian.

NO ONE told you guys, WHAT denomination of it, yes?

The degree of syncretism shouldn't affect the denomination of the religion. I mean, Kejawen IOTL didn't result in a separate branch of Islam entirely (still Sunni, and slowly sliding towards the conservative Arab version thanks to modern technology). Of course, in the same vein, the Druze came out from Shia Islam to become a separate religion, so I wouldn't discount that either.

The degree of syncretism shouldn't affect the denomination of the religion. I mean, Kejawen IOTL didn't result in a separate branch of Islam entirely (still Sunni, and slowly sliding towards the conservative Arab version thanks to modern technology). Of course, in the same vein, the Druze came out from Shia Islam to become a separate religion, so I wouldn't discount that either.
Oh, i got a plan for it. Trust me, it would reminds you of Paulician/Messalianism.

Interesting and original start point for this TL and indeed the suggested mix in these geographic locations in the southeast Asia it's even less common... I will be looking forward to this TL development.