An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

They become quite annoying when you cannot keep track of them! Though, in my defense, I always killed them off for a reason.
Honestly, as someone who doesn't really give a damn about the dead children in my stories, I can say it's usually just because I already knew they were going to die so I never became attached. Take little Herry Somerset for example, Isabella and Henry's third child. I knew he was going to die as an infant even before I wrote the chapter that said his mom was pregnant with him so I never really cared.

Honestly, as someone who doesn't really give a damn about the dead children in my stories, I can say it's usually just because I already knew they were going to die so I never became attached. Take little Herry Somerset for example, Isabella and Henry's third child. I knew he was going to die as an infant even before I wrote the chapter that said his mom was pregnant with him so I never really cared.
I instead get attached to all my characters, that is the reason few of them ever die prematurely.

I think that is the only way we can not feel guilty!

I usually plan a lot of kills, then felt guilty and try to find a way for saving them (or at least reducing the damage)

Family Tree - Tudors
King Henry VIII of England (1491-) m. a) Catherine of Aragon (1485-1523); b) Isabella of Portugal (1503-). Affairs with: c) Elizabeth 'Bessie' Blount (1498- ); d) Luisa Borja (1500-1526)
  1. a) Henry, Duke of Cornwall (January 1511- February 1511). Lived for almost two months.
  2. a) Mary Tudor (February 1516-);
  3. c) Henry Fitzroy, Earl of Somerset (June 1519-1528). Illegitimate;
  4. a) John, Prince of Wales (January 1523-). Twin to Katherine;
  5. a) Katherine Tudor (January 1523-December 1523). Twin to John, lived for almost an entire year;
  6. b) Edward, Duke of York (August 1524-);
  7. d) Pierre Fitzroy, Earl of Gloucester (June 1526-). Illegitimate;
  8. b) Elizabeth Tudor (June 1527-)
  9. b) Henry, Duke of Somerset (September 1529-April 1530)

Last edited:
25th of May, 1530.
Madrid, Castile. 25th of May, 1530.

Juanita was kneeling down on the floor, tiny pale hands over her eyes as she slowly counted out aloud. “Three… four… seven… nine… two… fifteen…” Felipe frowned and pouted as he looked at his little sister, who was too young to know the correct order of the numbers.

It was always the same with her. Playing hide-and-go-seek with Juanita was not fun, especially when she was the seeker. She didn't know how to count, or what numbers were in what order and whenever she lost it and had to seek, she grumbled through it with a deep pout. She was a baby, not the baby since Margarita was born, but still. A baby. And it was not fun to play games with babies.

But Felipe wouldn't say anything because, as the eldest, he needed to be responsible. Juanita was just three, and tiny still, like Margarita. She didn't understand the rules as well as he and María did, so he needed to be patient. Even when his sister was a sore loser, blue eyes pinched shut as she babbled out the numbers again, having realised she was wrong, but not where she was wrong, "Three… fourteen… seven… nine… two… four…"

He looked around. María was hiding behind a tapestry, with nurse Teresa at the other, both giggling together. His sister’s blonde hair was twisted into a braid, peeking out from behind the tapestry she was in. Margarita was too young to play such games, so she was crawling around with a large smile on her face, holding one of her tiny dolls in her hand.

Felipe bit his lip, looking around the room. He had no idea when Juanita was going to be done so he ran through the nursery, looking for a place to hide. They had not decided any limits in the space, which meant he probably could hide somewhere very far away, meaning it would take longer for Juanita to find him. He thought. He wasn’t sure.

They were not in Toledo, since his mother had decided to come visit his grandmother for the Spring. Felipe didn’t know this palace as well as he knew the Royal Alcazar, so it didn’t take very long for him to get lost. There were guards posted all around, but he didn’t want to say he was lost. And if he asked for directions, they might tell Juanita where was hiding. That was not fun.

But Felipe felt much safer when he saw his mother and Abuela Isabel together, both of them standing by a balcony that overlooked the courtyard. He ran to them, wanting to ask for help, but he stopped when he saw, who up until now had her back to him, turn with a hand over her face as if she was crying.

“I don’t know how long I can handle this,” she murmured in English. Felipe thought he could speak his mother’s first language very well, so he understood her perfectly and his grandmother did too, as she touched his mother’s arms comfortingly. “We won at Algiers, and I thought Charles would be happy, or at least come back to celebrate, but now he tells me I am to hold Spain for at least another year.” She shook her head, tears spilling down her dark cheeks.

“Is he not happy with the victory over the infidels?” Abuela Isabel asked. Felipe hid behind the doors to the balcony, watching them.

His mother pinched the bridge of her nose. “He is, but he told me I shouldn’t have acted without his permission,” she answered. “I thought he wanted me to take care of Castile and Aragon, but all he wanted was for me to exact his will.” Her shoulders were shaking as she wept. “I’m a regent in name, but not in truth.”

“Oh, my sweet,” said his grandmother, pulling the Empress into an embrace. “You knew it would be like this. You knew it would be hard.”

“I didn’t know it would be this hard,” his mother said. She stepped back from the embrace, shaking her head again. “It makes me wish to turn back time and return to England!”

That was enough for him. Felipe jumped out from the door and ran to his mother, clutching her skirts. “Please, don’t go, mama!” he shouted as his mother stepped back in shock, her entire face paling. “Please, I will be good! I swear! Please, don’t go!”

“Felipe!” she shrieked and her hands touched his shoulders, his arms and his face. “Felipe, what are you doing here? You should be in the nursery!”

“We were playing hide-and-go-seek,” he said, tears slipping down his face. “Please, don’t go, mama! Please, please! Don’t go to England!”

“Oh, my sweet,” said his mother. She leaned down and took him into her arms, groaning as she did so, holding him close. Felipe was too big to be held, already wearing the breeches of older boys and attending lessons that Luis Hurtado chose for him. If it weren’t Sunday, he would certainly be busy with learning, and be unaware that his mother was going to leave. “Oh, my sweet, I won’t leave. I swear.”

“Please, don’t go,” he murmured, mouth against her shoulder as she rubbed his back. “I’ll be good.”

“You are good,” said his mother. “I swear it, my love, you are good.”

Felipe closed his eyes, arms wrapped around his mother’s neck as tightly as possible. He was afraid of letting go and losing her.

Awwww Felipe is adorable, and I'm sad to her Charles isn't too happy with Anne, hopefully he'll find some reason to return home to her, so that his children may actually know him...

Awwww Felipe is adorable, and I'm sad to her Charles isn't too happy with Anne, hopefully he'll find some reason to return home to her, so that his children may actually know him...
He is happy, don't get me wrong. He's just angry that she had this money lying around and didn't send it to him (though if she did, Spain would not have been able to fight back against the infidels)

Love the chance to see Anne and Isabel’s relationship! And I hope the victory helped Anne’s image with the Spanish.
Honestly, I don't think we will see how Anne and the Spanyards are dealing together until Charles returns to Iberia and that can take quite a long while.

Lovely update. Seeing the dynamic among anne and Carlos’s children is just so good. And I love that Felipe can speak enough English to understand Anne and Elizabeth.