An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

“I know you loved Adrian VI like a father, but who is Clement to you? Another Italian who will attempt to rule over us, over you? He is not the descendant of St Peter and he cannot decide on our salvation. What are indulgences if not a sign of the blatant corruption in the church?” She was so close, he could feel her breath hitting the back of his neck, "Pope Alexander VI has living grandchildren and yet the clergy are supposed to be celibate. Why should we fall with them? Why should we obey them?”
She’s got a point, Charles. The Popes aren’t exactly above corruption, and they’re basically acting as Kings over the Papal States and religious authorities over the rest of Europe. That’s a lot of power for one man, especially one who could pose a threat if he turns on the HRE.

COVID deaths are two orders of magnitude less common.

When something happens a lot, each instance matters less. Elmer Ellsworth was laid in state in the White House; but hundreds of thousands of later Union dead were buried with no ceremony.
Not really. I have period pains every month since I was 12 and they still hurt like a bitch.

Very good then, the son definitely has fresh blood in him. Perhaps he'll be very valuable in the marriage market when he comes of age.
There is no maybe.

Despite his mother's rank, the boy is legitimate. The legitimacy of the child firmly assures him of the Spanish heritage (and Italian, which is part of the "Crown of Aragon") and the Burgundian heritage (Burgundy, the Netherlands and Charolais, if I was not mistaken).

The child is even above the Dauphin of France in the marriage market, because Spain was the main continental power at that time.

Austrian inheritance is less likely, they will surely be given to Ferdinand's line or a second son.

PS: If Ferdinand ends up inheriting Bohemia and Hungary (from his wife) and Charles V gives Austria to a younger son, there will be 3 Habsburg branches. The Spanish, the Hungarian-Bohemian and the Austrian.

PS2: There may even be a Burgundian, Milanese, Polish or Portuguese branch depending on the circumstances. A second son could inherit "Burgundy", a third "Austria" and a fourth "Milan" (Milan unlike Sardinia, Sicily and Naples is not part of the Crown of Aragon, consequently it can be easily "divided" from Spain) . Milan is "obtained" after the lack of heirs of Francesco II Sforza. Poland is an elective throne, it can be achieved after the extinction of the Jagellon. And Portugal can be achieved by marriages.

PS3: I doubt (I'm not sure) that the Boleyn dynasty in Württemberg are called Boleyn, they will surely be called Württemberg, Stuggart or some other name. Similar to how the Anjou were called Plantagenet in England

Theres
PS3: I doubt (I'm not sure) that the Boleyn dynasty in Württemberg are called Boleyn, they will surely be called Württemberg, Stuggart or some other name. Similar to how the Anjou were called Plantagenet in England
There's already a dynasty called Wurttemberg and I usually try to keep the dynasties with different names

If Ferdinand ends up inheriting Bohemia and Hungary (from his wife) and Charles V gives Austria to a younger son, there will be 3 Habsburg branches. The Spanish, the Hungarian-Bohemian and the Austrian.
Ferdinand already has Austria

PS2: There may even be a Burgundian, Milanese, Polish or Portuguese branch depending on the circumstances. A second son could inherit "Burgundy", a third "Austria" and a fourth "Milan" (Milan unlike Sardinia, Sicily and Naples is not part of the Crown of Aragon, consequently it can be easily "divided" from Spain) . Milan is "obtained" after the lack of heirs of Francesco II Sforza. Poland is an elective throne, it can be achieved after the extinction of the Jagellon. And Portugal can be achieved by marriages.
The thing is Charles didn't want to divide his territories. He wanted everything to go to Philip, but he realized ruling over such vast tracts of land would be impossible. I doubt each and every single land in his possession is getting gifted to a son, since later generations of the Habsburgs with more surviving boys didn't do it as drastically as you are suggesting.

Theres

There's already a dynasty called Wurttemberg and I usually try to keep the dynasties with different names

Ferdinand already has Austria

The thing is Charles didn't want to divide his territories. He wanted everything to go to Philip, but he realized ruling over such vast tracts of land would be impossible. I doubt each and every single land in his possession is getting gifted to a son, since later generations of the Habsburgs with more surviving boys didn't do it as drastically as you are suggesting.

If you're right it's unlikely, but I just wanted to see more Habsburg branches to limit inbreeding ...

Although OTL Charles had only 1 surviving male child, of course he wanted everything to be inherited by him. But if ITL Charles has more than one surviving male child, he might think differently.

If you're right it's unlikely, but I just wanted to see more Habsburg branches to limit inbreeding ...

Although OTL Charles had only 1 surviving male child, of course he wanted everything to be inherited by him. But if ITL Charles has more than one surviving male child, he might think differently.
I personally doubt it.