An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

This is giving me Edward IV and Elizabeth Woodville vibes... hopefully it goes better than that.
It was a lie. His aunt was less than pleased with his marriage, but she did not need to know that.
This is quite the surprise to me. In OTL she was impressed by Anne, though then again I suppose she’d be angry at the idiocy of the match.
“To Tordesillas,” he answered, “You must meet my mother, after all.”
Oh boy, this is going to be fun!

Excellent update!

"I married the king of Spain and left for Spain where my children will be rulers and infantes and infantas of Spain....wait, what do you mean, I have to STAY in Spain?"

Anne really isn't smart at all at this.

"I married the king of Spain and left for Spain where my children will be rulers and infantes and infantas of Spain....wait, what do you mean, I have to STAY in Spain?"
🤣🤣🤣 This is one of the funniest things I have read in a while!!! Anne definitely did make an oversight here.

Anne really isn't smart at all at this.
I think she hoped their main residence would be in the Low Countries. It's where Charles was born, after all. Anne is still younger and there's still time for her to grow into the queenly shoes.

Spain is the ideal option for Charles, he needs to be in Spain and learn Spanish to be "accepted" and rule the kingdom more calmly. I remember that the Netherlands was quite loyal to him because he was born there and used to have a "Flemish" court.

PS: Still, Charles should promise a second child for the Netherlands, it would consolidate the existing loyalty, especially if the child is raised in the Netherlands or has a Flemish court in Spain.

PS2: I suppose the Netherlands and Burgundy are "united" but I think they will eventually separate, perhaps another Habsburg branch. Charolais is lost to France unless there is a tough reconquest against France, and Burgundy expands.

PS3: Due to marriage (morganatic for Germans), Charles cannot have an heir for the Archduchate of Austria. But he could get Milan or Poland for one of his sons.

I think she hoped their main residence would be in the Low Countries. It's where Charles was born, after all. Anne is still younger and there's still time for her to grow into the queenly shoes.
Or that they'd have a travelling court like Charles did OTL. I mean, that's not too hard to believe, given the extent of his lands. And I can understand why she wants to see Margaret. She probably feels she owes Charles's aunt quite a debt, after all.

Spain is the ideal option for Charles, he needs to be in Spain and learn Spanish to be "accepted" and rule the kingdom more calmly. I remember that the Netherlands was quite loyal to him because he was born there and used to have a "Flemish" court.

PS: Still, Charles should promise a second child for the Netherlands, it would consolidate the existing loyalty, especially if the child is raised in the Netherlands or has a Flemish court in Spain.

PS2: I suppose the Netherlands and Burgundy are "united" but I think they will eventually separate, perhaps another Habsburg branch. Charolais is lost to France unless there is a tough reconquest against France, and Burgundy expands.

PS3: Due to marriage (morganatic for Germans), Charles cannot have an heir for the Archduchate of Austria. But he could get Milan or Poland for one of his sons.
Charles‘ wedding is NOT MORGANATIC. Maybe it is NOT equal BUT try to guess who in the Holy Roman Empire has the power to decrete if a marriage is equal or unequal for terms of succession? The Emperor. In any case Austrian lands at this point already belong to Charles’ brother Ferdinand (and he would be the one to try to put one of his children in Poland).
Netherlands and Burgundy have NO reason for being separated so they will stay together

At this point, it's an elective monarchy based around the jagiellon dynasty, sort of like the hre election was an elective monarchy but it was from father to son
True, but then again if Charles has enough money, who knows what could happen. Though I agree it is unlikely he gets Poland

Tell me something, my lords,” he continued, “What should I have done? You ask of me to marry Isabella of Portugal, and yet my Flemish subjects tell me to take Charlotte of France as my bride. The Imperial Diets offer me their daughters and sisters, who are German and will serve as payment for their votes in the election. Who should I listen to? Which land is more important to me?”
I really like this argument. Great update!

It's not Morganatic; It's unequal, but he, as the head of his House and as the emperor, can give himself permission to marry whoever he wants, as long its a nubile woman regularly christened, and Anna fit these requirements. The celebration was regular too, so this is a marriage valid in all Christianity.