An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

Will no one comment on this?
Why would we? We knew Henry had a daughter by Kat, it's not unheard of for Henry to name his illegitimate children after his wife (cf Katherine Carey and Katherine of Aragon (Yes, Cate Carey was Henry's daughter, fight me...)) and frankly John's accession as King/reaction to his father's death is more critical at this juncture than Henry's bastard girl.

What is there to comment on? She had a girl.
Whom she named after the Queen.

Why would we? We knew Henry had a daughter by Kat, it's not unheard of for Henry to name his illegitimate children after his wife (cf Katherine Carey and Katherine of Aragon (Yes, Cate Carey was Henry's daughter, fight me...)) and frankly John's accession as King/reaction to his father's death is more critical at this juncture than Henry's bastard girl.
I thought at least someone would have something to say.

If Catherine Carey was Henry's child, he would claim her to prove he was still virile and fertile...

I don't think she was. Henry usually didn't dally with married women, possibly so there wouldn't be doubts over the child's paternity.
(Yes, Cate Carey was Henry's daughter, fight me...)
If Catherine Carey was Henry's child, he would claim her to prove he was still virile and fertile...
Personally I’m more convinced by the argument that Elizabeth Tailboys was Henry’s daughter, conceived just before Elizabeth Blount’s marriage to Gilbert Tailboys and thus born in wedlock.

Deleted member 81475

John's a good kid and Isabella's a good mom. I hope something of that survives the coming years.

Pierre is the Earl of Gloucester, so he'll be well provided for barring the adults in his life skimming, which Isabella certainly isn't the type to do. She'll do her best to raise him as a loyal servant to John, and if the two wind up close, Pete will make a good marriage and be propped up as favorites often are. If he's capable and wealthy, he could wind up the Duke of Gloucester, and that's setting aside the slim possibility an older John puts him in the line of succession. As for Ashley's daughter, she'll likely be sold off to the heir of some loyal Baron or Earl, binding them more closely to the throne. She'd be Isabella Fitzroy, right?

Henry Brandon is clearly an idiot, and Charles isn't taking correcting that seriously enough. Honesly, Charles was a complete fool to not have taken it seriously years ago, so I guess that's a hereditary condition. If they're very lucky, they won't completely sink their family.

Family Tree - Tudors
King Henry VIII of England (1491-1535) m. a) Catherine of Aragon (1485-1523); b) Isabella of Portugal (1503-). Affairs with: c) Elizabeth 'Bessie' Blount (1498- ); d) Luisa Borja (1500-1526); e) Katherine 'Kat' Chapernowne (1502-)
  1. a) Henry, Duke of Cornwall (January 1511- February 1511). Lived for almost two months.
  2. a) Mary Tudor (February 1516-) m. François III, Duke of Brittany (Fenruary 1518- ).
    1. Francoys, Count of Montfort (June 1534-)
  3. c) Henry Fitzroy, Earl of Somerset (June 1519-1528). Illegitimate;
  4. a) King John II of England (January 1523-). Twin to Katherine;
  5. a) Katherine Tudor (January 1523-December 1523). Twin to John, lived for almost an entire year;
  6. b) Edward, Duke of York (August 1524-August 1530). Drowned;
  7. d) Pierre Fitzroy, Earl of Gloucester (June 1526-). Illegitimate;
  8. b) Elizabeth Tudor (June 1527-);
  9. b) Henry, Duke of Somerset (September 1529-April 1530). Died a sickly infant;
  10. b) Eleanor Tudor (September 1531-);
  11. b) Margaret Tudor (May 1533-);
  12. e) Isabella Fitzroy (March 1534-).

Last edited:
King Henry VIII of England (1491-1535) m. a) Catherine of Aragon (1485-1523); b) Isabella of Portugal (1503-). Affairs with: c) Elizabeth 'Bessie' Blount (1498- ); d) Luisa Borja (1500-1526); e) Katherine 'Kat' Chapernowne (1502-)
  1. a) Henry, Duke of Cornwall (January 1511- February 1511). Lived for almost two months.
  2. a) Mary Tudor (February 1516-);
  5. a) Katherine Tudor (January 1523-December 1523). Twin to John, lived for almost an entire year;
  9. b) Henry, Duke of Somerset (September 1529-April 1530). Died a sickly infant;
It was smart of Kat to name her daughter after the Queen. but how could Henry have an Isabella and an Elizabeth? Else than that, Henry Brandon is already a jerk and I have a feeling he may someday loose his head…

It was smart of Kat to name her daughter after the Queen. but how could Henry have an Isabella and an Elizabeth? Else than that, Henry Brandon is already a jerk and I have a feeling he may someday loose his head…
The same way Thomas Culpepper's older brother was named Thomas as well, and both lived at the same time. Also, Isabella and Elizabeth are different, like a family having both an Ian and a John.

2. a) Mary Tudor (February 1516-) m. François III, Duke of Brittany (Fenruary 1518- ).
    1. Francoys, Count of Montfort (June 1534-)
Edited to include Francis de Valois and little Francoys. This is what happens when you get lazy and only edit the last family tree you posted.