An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

I know but I think around the early 1520s he just gave up on Catherine, he just thought a son with her wasn’t going to happen.
Yeah, after 1524 they weren't even sleeping together anymore and Catherine was only 38, which makes me think that she'd hit menopause.

Possibly, though I missprhased it, that his decendants would only be Dukes of Burgundy, as he could still be Emperor but it won't be passed to his morganitic sons (Ferdinand inherits the empire) while John III of Portugal takes Spain..

Possibly, though I missprhased it, that his decendants would only be Dukes of Burgundy, as he could still be Emperor but it won't be passed to his morganitic sons (Ferdinand inherits the empire) while John III of Portugal takes Spain..
Oh I see, that makes sense, but what happens to Austria? Does Charles keep that?

I think y'all are forgetting that all of this will depend on how two people will react: Ferdinand, and the Pope, who is still Charles' old tutor, Adrian VI

I think y'all are forgetting that all of this will depend on how two people will react: Ferdinand, and the Pope, who is still Charles' old tutor, Adrian VI
I suppose, but Ferdinand doesn't really wield much influence yet, the Pope might be cool with it. Really I wonder how Henry VIII reacts to Charles marrying Anne instead of Mary.

It would be hilarious if Charles was only Duke of Burgundy after all of this, with a Portuguese King/Infante invited to rule Spain...
Would they go to war over a marriage though?

I think it's worth mentioning we are closer to Edward IV and Elizabeth Woodville, whose children were eligible to inherit, than we are to Franz Ferdinand and Sophie, whose children were not.