An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
A kind of government focused on “economic efficiency” which:
  1. Views military products as the paragon for civilians so you get Standard Civilian Rations, Standard (colorcoded) Civilian Jumpsuits, Civilian Barracks etc.
  2. Limits “impractical” jobs so no humanities, no psychologists, no historians (history except for the most rudimentary is eliminated as is discussion of foreign countries) with a focus on a small category of “useful jobs” (farmers, factory workers, doctors, teachers, engineers etc.)
  3. The belief that society is an organism with each of the (small number of legal) occupation a Natural Organ
  4. State-Owned Corps control the entire economy
  5. Names are forbidden - the emphasis on Productive Roles means you get an alphanumeric designation instead of a name e.g B16ENG2337: the 2337th engineer of B16
  6. A ban on calendars and any sort of date-system
  7. No flags or embassies
Would be an interesting form of Productivism (the superiority of the “productive occupations” based on different forms of physical labor) even if it’s not featured here.

You should write this up, although like Pennsylvania I'm a little unclear as to getting rid of embassies.

xsampa

Banned
This would be easily merged with Miranda Brawner’s “Cellist” ideology where each caste corresponds to an organ. I like the megawarehouse idea.
Also, how would the Nutshell obtain information on states that Chána cannot visit or obtain information about from defectors and enemy states like a hostile World State(s), as in entities like Chána’s homeworld but without defectors?

Exactly what sort of ideology does “Authoritarian and antidemocratic forms of government” describe?

Last edited:
This would be easily merged with Miranda Brawner’s “Cellist” ideology where each caste corresponds to an organ. I like the megawarehouse idea.
Also, how would the Nutshell obtain information on states that Chána cannot visit or obtain information about from defectors and enemy states like a hostile World State(s), as in entities like Chána’s homeworld but without defectors?

Exactly what sort of ideology does “Authoritarian and antidemocratic forms of government” describe?

I think it would describe any such ideology where the leader calls himself "Dear Father" or where the leader wears a funky military uniform.

I think it would describe any such ideology where the leader calls himself "Dear Father" or where the leader wears a funky military uniform.
Yeah I agree. Its pretty much what it says on the label, but I think here it refers to the miscellaneous authoritarian states that don't fit under the other categories.

I was thinking this chapter encompasses everything from ideologically agnostic strongman regimes to states with specifically anti-democratic ideologies like absolutism or the actual principles of Ingsoc.

Yeah I agree. Its pretty much what it says on the label, but I think here it refers to the miscellaneous authoritarian states that don't fit under the other categories.

So basically authoritarianism without a traditional form of governmnent, like a monarchy or a tribal chief?

So basically authoritarianism without a traditional form of governmnent, like a monarchy or a tribal chief?
No I mean we have specific categories like monarchical, fascist, and militaristic forms of government. For me that category is authoritarian states that don't fit that label

No I mean we have specific categories like monarchical, fascist, and militaristic forms of government. For me that category is authoritarian states that don't fit that label

Well, my contribution about colonial Mozambique was under that, since it is depicted as Estado Novo-style colonialism surviving into the modern day.

xsampa

Banned
There are dystopian empires that have used the Nutshell's gate technology to conquer other universes. A couple of them showed up in Philosophy. There is technology to open portals directly between universes- the robots make it, and no one knows how to replicate it on their own- but you have to have the tech in place on both ends first so usually invasions require first invading the other universe via the Nutshell, and then opening up a gate on the bridgehead. Plenty have worlds have used it open up peaceful trade and largely bypass the Nutshell though.
How plausible is the Domination of Man, Greater Islamic Republic etc or does the multiverse link to really implausible ones too?

Status
Not open for further replies.