An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 108228

Idea: A Cultural Revolution that ends up destroying China (even more) and causing a purge of Red Guards which fails and leads to a civil war cauased by a Red guard insurrection, ending up with several 'Revolutionary Zones' controlled by the Red Guards. Mao, Lenin, and Marx are revered as 'gods' and is fighting as a spirit/representative in the war, overseeing it and seeing how pure their comrades are. The states are hell, as anyone who is an enemy/revisionist/capitalist/bourgeoisie/intellectual is executed via struggle sessions, and anyone seen as a traitor during these sessions is belittled, tortured and is either killed, used as slave labor, or to fight as a slave soldier in the war. The government of these states is where the Red Guards impose themselves as the state apparatus and government. Courts are used for the revolution and purification of the people and enforcement of their ideology. Direct democracy exists, yet is used for the ideals and motives of the Red Guards, and the Red Guards aren't an elite class who are aristocratic, as they would violate their own ideals and would be put through the punishment. They serve the people vehemently due to their fanaticism and indoctrination, and 'experience the struggles of the proletariat' and 'resist the temptation of the revisionists'.

People's War 2.0.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 108228

Idea: During the last days of the universe, 100 trillion years from now, humanity has survived on the ringworlds of red dwarf stars, after the larger stars and planets died off from collision or were not suitable, except for gas giants and their moons. They have survived on these worlds through extremely regimented lifestyles, authoritarian rule, and strict regulation of resources. Reports say that Ringworlds 1A to 5B have failed from overconsumptiton of their host stars. This has lead to millions from these ringworlds having to head to the remaining Ringworlds and have rioted from the mandated executions of those who fail the 'efficiency test'. These stringent tests still lead to the administration being burdened with these refugees. While this has been meet with a lukewarm response, some cite this as the end, calling themselves the Finists, from finis in Latin. They have been demanding more freedom as humanity must die as it began, as a free species.

Deleted member 82792

i take ideas- what do you got?
Well, a couple:

A modern-day Kingdom of Louisiana.

The United Corporations of America.

Canada-in-Exile in Greenland.

An Australia-New Zealand republic.

An American technocracy.

A Persian Empire that includes Greece, because f*ck the 300 movies.

An anarchist Russia.

Let me know what you think.

Well, a couple:

A modern-day Kingdom of Louisiana.

What would be unique about the government here?

The United Corporations of America.

There have already been several corporatocracies covered.

Canada-in-Exile in Greenland.

This has potential, I guess? It would have to have some weird quirk to make it worth writing about.

An Australia-New Zealand republic.

I don't see how this would be radically different from the average English-speaking parliamentary republic.

An American technocracy.

We do need a technocracy chapter.

A Persian Empire that includes Greece, because f*ck the 300 movies.

I don't think that soapboxing about a film series constitutes a system of government. :p

An anarchist Russia.

This entry is very close.

The problem with a lot of the entries you list is that they aren't unique government systems, so much as they are specific scenarios that are interesting because of what country/countries are involved. What you need to do is come up with a unique system of government, and then apply it to a country after the fact.

The problem with a lot of the entries you list is that they aren't unique government systems, so much as they are specific scenarios that are interesting because of what country/countries are involved. What you need to do is come up with a unique system of government, and then apply it to a country after the fact.

I second this. With the exception of the technocracy, none of them seem to have unique systems of government. I do plan to do a couple of technocracies (we've already got one for Chile), and if you wanted to contribute one set in America, we could include it.

I've been thinking of a government where everything which laws are passed to legal judgements is decided by different games of chance and where ines competence is based on your skill on games and predicting odds.

I've been thinking of a government where everything which laws are passed to legal judgements is decided by different games of chance and where ines competence is based on your skill on games and predicting odds.

We did have a government (Corsica) that used Clerico-mancy as part of its decision-making process, which is basically a game of chance. But a more "pure" demarchy would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.