An Examination of Extra-Universal Systems of Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? I think this is by far the most realistic scenario I've seen on this whole thread.

Really? I was worried I was stretching plausibility.

This thread, while it has quite a few dystopias, has a lot of more neutral nations too, and I guess RvB is writing more in that style.

Yep, I match the style of the work I'm writing for.

A government-in-exile with teeth is a very original and interesting idea.

At least one without territory. EBR and I agreed that a more intense Cold War would be the environment where this is most plausible.

With EBR off fishing, I thought I'd post this without asking him first. @Ephraim Ben Raphael, if you want me to remove this, I gladly will. :)

Second Polish Republic
Greenpoint, the northernmost suburb of Brooklyn, is visible from Manhattan across the water. It is now an upper-class neighborhood, its working class roots barely visible. The gleaming glass offices and community centers visible outside the windows of my rental car replaced the old lumberyards and iron works. Even now, Greenpoint is a neighborhood on the rise; my car passed by at least half a dozen new developments, promising more high-end condos and, in one case, a new mall.

So ITTL, Greenpoint is a twin to Long Island City? Good... good.

I might use that as an RPG setting some time in the future.

But, there's one major problem. How does the USA get away with not recognizing the People's Republic of Poland? Do they also not recognize the Soviet Union?

I might use that as an RPG setting some time in the future.

But, there's one major problem. How does the USA get away with not recognizing the People's Republic of Poland? Do they also not recognize the Soviet Union?

They recognize the USSR. The West here generally continues to recognize the Polish Second Republic, with the Polish Soviet Republic (distinct from the OTL People's Republic of Poland) recognized mostly by Eastern Bloc and non-aligned states.

Last edited:
The US continued recognizing Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania throughout the Cold War. We also recognized the Republic of China (aka Taiwan) till 1979.

The US continued recognizing Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania throughout the Cold War. We also recognized the Republic of China (aka Taiwan) till 1979.

The United States also doesn't recognize North Korea, and doesn't to this day. Refusing to recognize a government because of war isn't uncommon, particularly in the Cold War era.

Love this timeline especially the European Empire that's how I hope the future is.:evilsmile:
Ps.I know that sounds extreme but I guess I am kind of a reactionary and honestly there are plenty of extreme left wingers here so I might as well balance that out.Please don't ban meo_O

Love this timeline especially the European Empire that's how I hope the future is.:evilsmile:
Ps.I know that sounds extreme but I guess I am kind of a reactionary and honestly there are plenty of extreme left wingers here so I might as well balance that out.Please don't ban meo_O
Isn't that entry supposed to be a pastiche of altright ideals?

Status
Not open for further replies.