An American India?

Th question asked here is pretty simple (though I'm not so sure if this would qualify as an ASB or not): is it possible for the U.S., at some point in its history, to steal parts of India away from the British Empire? The possibility quite intrigues me, so I'm wondering what a necessary POD might be to have something like this. Could the U.S. even keep onto any colonial possessions she might gain in India? A fledgling U.S. would be, I would think, rather unlikely to...but that's not really the purpose; it's more of a thought experiment than anything else. How would this affect British-American relations with one another?

Another question, I believe, is: how does this impact the future of slavery? Might it be possible for the U.S. to turn to Indians as a source of cheap labor, rather than Africans? 50-50?

Juat a thought, but would it be possible for the US to wage a naval war against Britian in the Indian Ocean? And if they were to win, couldn't it lead to them owning some parts on India?

Best scenario I can think of:
Evil Fascists/Communists/Nazis/Homosexuals take over America. They are rabidly expansionist. They also have a lot of luck. They want to take over the world. Find a suitable starting point in history, and take it from there.

The US goes to war with Britain after the San Juan Pig incident. The war results in an American defeat on the sea but the US annexing Canada. In revenge the United States allies with Germany. When World War One comes the US joins with the Central Powers and having built up a powerful navy defeats Britain and sends troops to Europe. However the US also wants its own prizes and invades British India. Most of British India is conquered and annexed by the vengeful and imperialist US.

The US goes to war with Britain after the San Juan Pig incident. The war results in an American defeat on the sea but the US annexing Canada. In revenge the United States allies with Germany. When World War One comes the US joins with the Central Powers and having built up a powerful navy defeats Britain and sends troops to Europe. However the US also wants its own prizes and invades British India. Most of British India is conquered and annexed by the vengeful and imperialist US.

America is vengeful because it gets what it wants in a war?

Post-1900, but could having India temporarily transfered over to American administration during WWII because somebody had too much liquor one night (or maybe a nautical feline or two, something, I dunno) work?

I guess it could be a late 1890s, early 1900s war triggered by the Spanish-American War. Say Britian, like Germany, offers to buy the new territory, but Britian gets a little more insistent. The biggest problem is making the US Navy big enough to break the RN, and the US Army large enough (professional soldiers, not volounteers) to sustain a large scale war.