An alternate history of animated films

What Dr. Seuss story should Warner Brothers make a film of first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Speaking of Ralph Bakshi and Fleisher, I plan on having John Kricfalusi join Fleischer sometime during the eighties, resulting in Ren and Stimpy becoming a Fleischer show.

Don't worry, John K will be exposed for his douchbaggery really early on, resulting in him being fired from Fleischer and Bob Camp taking over R&S. And Kricfalusi will never work in the animation industry again, so we won't get crap like Adult Party Cartoon and Cans Without Labels.

I'm also thinking about having Danny Antonucci joining Fleischer as well, and Ed, Edd n Eddy being a Fleischer show too.

Is fleisher still in charge of Making DC Cartoons? Who has Marvel even got? Maybe Warner Bros?

Say, will this TL have an equivelant to our timeline's Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Not the same film, obvs, but one that has the same kinda impact
Roger Rabbit will be made, but it will be a Warner Brothers film instead of a Disney film, and will have a slightly different cast.

I believe I'll still have Paramount own the rights to DC, so yes, Fleischer will still be doing DC cartoons. (Not sure about Marvel though.)
I Still say Let Warner take a Crack at them. Either that or HB. If Fox is truly on the path to becoming the new Disney, culture-wise, then they could have...Image or something like that.

Another Question. Should ReBoot become a Movie ITTL? Predate Toy Story as the first-ever CGI Feature and have Toy Story be a 2D TV series deal with some CG effects thrown in, Ala Iron giant while someone, say Universal, Dubs Cassiopeia in 1997?

Alright, so there's two features out next year: MGM's Watership Down and Fleischer's Coonskin.

Coonskin won't be too different from OTL's version, outside of the higher budget. Watership Down will probably have a more fluid and less realistic animation style, and a different voice cast. I'll keep John Hurt as Hazel, but the cast will probably consist of other well-known British actors like Roddy McDowall, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Terry-Thomas, Peter Ustinov, David Tomlinson, and others, along with maybe a few Americans. For Kehaar, I can't decide between Zero Mostel (like IOTL) or Paul Frees.

Alright, so there's two features out next year: MGM's Watership Down and Fleischer's Coonskin.

Coonskin won't be too different from OTL's version, outside of the higher budget. Watership Down will probably have a more fluid and less realistic animation style, and a different voice cast. I'll keep John Hurt as Hazel, but the cast will probably consist of other well-known British actors like Roddy McDowall, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Terry-Thomas, Peter Ustinov, David Tomlinson, and others, along with maybe a few Americans. For Kehaar, I can't decide between Zero Mostel (like IOTL) or Paul Frees.

Keep Mostel. I find it hard to envision Frees doing the ''PISS OFF!" line the way Mostel did it.

Another thing: since there's less of an animation age ghetto ITTL, do you think Watership Down will be more successful, and there'll be less complaints from angry parents who were promised a cute bunny movie?

Another thing: since there's less of an animation age ghetto ITTL, do you think Watership Down will be more successful, and there'll be less complaints from angry parents who were promised a cute bunny movie?

We can only hope. Personally, I think this could lead to a Successful Black Cauldron and Dark Crystal in this timeline.

Also, does anyone know how we could 70s Up this logo?

latest

This year sees the release of Fleischer's Coonskin and MGM's Watership Down.

While some groups have accused Coonskin of being racially-insensitive without even watching it, many others praise it for its satirical commentary on African-American stereotypes, especially with some of Fleischer's earlier cartoon shorts becoming controversial in recent years due to the use of blackface stereotypes. They also praise it for its mixing of live-action and animation, which Fleischer hasn't done in a very long time.

Watership Down also gets good reception for being a relatively faithful adaptation of Richard Adams' children's novel, while also getting a slight bit of controversy for the strong amount of violence, even moreso than MGM's Lord of the Rings series.

This year sees the release of Fleischer's Coonskin and MGM's Watership Down.

While some groups have accused Coonskin of being racially-insensitive without even watching it, many others praise it for its satirical commentary on African-American stereotypes, especially with some of Fleischer's earlier cartoon shorts becoming controversial in recent years due to the use of blackface stereotypes. They also praise it for its mixing of live-action and animation, which Fleischer hasn't done in a very long time.

Watership Down also gets good reception for being a relatively faithful adaptation of Richard Adams' children's novel, while also getting a slight bit of controversy for the strong amount of violence, even moreso than MGM's Lord of the Rings series.

Does ''Bright Eyes'' still happen for Watership Down? I'm guessing that it would be released under MGM Records.

I just realized another thing I forgot to mention for 1978: The Small One.

IOTL, it was the directorial debut of Don Bluth. ITTL, it was animated by Disney's television department (since the feature department is now closed), which currently consists of Ward Kimball, Bill Melendez, Art Babbit, and John Hubley.

I just realized another thing I forgot to mention for 1978: The Small One.

IOTL, it was the directorial debut of Don Bluth. ITTL, it was animated by Disney's television department (since the feature department is now closed), which currently consists of Ward Kimball, Bill Melendez, Art Babbit, and John Hubley.

Bluth should stay at Disney. He could single-handedly revive the whole Animated Feature department with his calibre of talent.

Is Bedknobs and Broomsticks butterflied away in TTL?
Yes, because ITTL, Disney lost faith in the company after Walt died. (The other live-action stuff without animation in it is still being produced.)

Bluth should stay at Disney. He could single-handedly revive the whole Animated Feature department with his calibre of talent.

I don't think he'd be interested in working on low-budget television cartoons. I think he'd prefer risky experimental stuff like they did early on, hence why he would rather work at Fox's new animation department.