An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

Have been doing some rereading, is General Wallenstein still kicking around? Trying to think of possible players in Germany who can still cause trouble for Philip and Henri.

If Elizabeth gathers the Rus, I'll do a double take.
I've been trying to think about this, but I'm not sure what benefit the Russians would get from intervening. I don't think they even border the HRE, so to get there they'd need to march through Poland or Hungary I think. I'd question their ability to mobilize enough forces to defeat the Triunes or to support that army if the Triunes actually resist. But I would think a small force, maybe 15,000 that could carry Elizabeth back to her lands to begin rallying German banners to her side would be doable.

The Kentarchos, a fairly short and young-looking man, with a triangular chin and long pointy nose, smiled. “Your Imperial Highness,” he replied in Greek, with an accent she recognized as Egyptian. “It is our pleasure to aid an Empress. I am Kentarchos Leo Kalomeros. Welcome aboard the Theseus.”
Re-reading this again just now and the word "Empress" rang a bell. I did a bit of digging and found this passage (link is here) from May of 2019 dealing with the Roman raid in Bavaria in 1634 (added emphasis is mine):
The city’s defense is led personally by the Lady Elizabeth, clad in armor and riding along the battlements to encourage the inhabitants who defend them. At one point a Roman sniper has a clear shot but is ordered by his commander not to take it; she was crowned as a Roman Empress by Andreas III in Hagia Sophia and as such is still technically part of the Roman Imperial family.
First of all, tremendous callback. Secondly, I wonder what other aid, covert or overt, Rhomania can offer a member of the "Roman Imperial family." There's a zero percent chance that Elizabeth will march into Germany with two tagmata. But subsidies so she can pay German Landsknecht? Intelligence about what's going on in Henri/Phillip's court? Have to imagine that aid will extend beyond a Rhoman-flagged ship firing on Triune soldiers and evacuating two wanted fugitives from the HRE, just curious as to what form that will take.

Cryostorm

Monthly Donor
Oh, they're certainly going to survive whatever comes next. Just joking that whenever Russia marched west OTL Poland had a tendency to disappear or become little more than a vassal.

Vince

Monthly Donor
If Elizabeth gathers the Rus, I'll do a double take.
Well they're broken up into multiple states that don't seem keen to reunite at the moment. So as much as I would like to see it that probably won't happen.

Though if Rome was behind the rescue I like how they've rationalized Elizabeth has gone from existential threat to possible useful tool to keep Henri from dominating the HRE

Well they're broken up into multiple states that don't seem keen to reunite at the moment. So as much as I would like to see it that probably won't happen.

Though if Rome was behind the rescue I like how they've rationalized Elizabeth has gone from existential threat to possible useful tool to keep Henri from dominating the HRE
Finally the new head of all things about "the west", finally starts taking action to weaken and lose the west's interest on the east.

That way, any kind of flames that erupt in the west, stays in the west.

You know, re-reading this TL, I've become curious to how the Malayized or Japanized forms of Greek names will develop. We already see this with the Slavs (Aleksei=Alexios, Ivan=Ioannes) ever since they become Christianized. Since the Japanese and (partly) the Malays have embraced Orthodox Christianity, its only natural to see it happen.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
You know, re-reading this TL, I've become curious to how the Malayized or Japanized forms of Greek names will develop. We already see this with the Slavs (Aleksei=Alexios, Ivan=Ioannes) ever since they become Christianized. Since the Japanese and (partly) the Malays have embraced Orthodox Christianity, its only natural to see it happen.
japanese i think will be hardcore, considering their language is on a total different branch of humanity. The Europeans have all names with origins referring to saints or god related, the japanese have names like Akira which is translate in wisdom.
if you want japanized versions of the greek names, Alexios becomes something like " arekisios".

You know the meme of the Japanese guy yelling in the tunnel? Would his name be Takasios instead of Takeshi?

"Stop it, Takasios, you don't have enough stamina." "No, I will become sex itself. I will absolutely become sex!"

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
You know the meme of the Japanese guy yelling in the tunnel? Would his name be Takasios instead of Takeshi?

"Stop it, Takasios, you don't have enough stamina." "No, I will become sex itself. I will absolutely become sex!"
oh god.
Takasios castle.

no, no no, i'll protest if we won't have takeshi's castle

oh god.
Takasios castle.

no, no no, i'll protest if we won't have takeshi's castle

Oh my god, what if Akihibara ITTL isn’t weeaboo central, but it becomes the campus of the biggest Orthodox university in Asia, or something similar…
And the art form we associate with anime isn’t a Japanese invention, but a German one, or something from an equally absurd nation.