An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

I kinda just want this arc to be over with, it's literally killing my passion for the story. It just stretches on and on...

We march to victory, or we march to defeat. But we go forward. Only forward. - Stannis/Blucher TTL probably
There’s the first part of the quote too: “This is the right time and I will risk everything because if I don't, we've lost.”
Pretty much sums up German high command’s thoughts to this war.
Theodor, not so sure, has the thought of losing even crossed his mind?

This talk of the whole Stannis/Blutcher dynamic is interesting considering both of them tend to be dutiful to their jobs, hell Blutcher COULD have just chosen to leave right there especially with Mackensen's death but he had a duty to fulfill, to his liege and more so to the men he commands. I'm gonna be disheartened once the man passes, truly he is quite an officer.

Speaking of which, is it wrong if I want Bone Breaker to live? That man is a badass through and through, not to mention his OTL family did form Prussia so I have a soft spot for the Hohenzollerns, hope he gets to survive whatever outcome this battle might go, he reminds me of OTL's Bishop Odo, William the Conqueror's half brother.

This talk of the whole Stannis/Blutcher dynamic is interesting considering both of them tend to be dutiful to their jobs, hell Blutcher COULD have just chosen to leave right there especially with Mackensen's death but he had a duty to fulfill, to his liege and more so to the men he commands. I'm gonna be disheartened once the man passes, truly he is quite an officer.

Speaking of which, is it wrong if I want Bone Breaker to live? That man is a badass through and through, not to mention his OTL family did form Prussia so I have a soft spot for the Hohenzollerns, hope he gets to survive whatever outcome this battle might go, he reminds me of OTL's Bishop Odo, William the Conqueror's half brother.
I hope he survives too.

I'm another vote for hoping Bone Breaker survives. Anyone who puts up his own money to kill Casimir is a friend of mine!

Plus "Archbishop Bone Breaker" is a cool name. Sounds like something out of the Marvel Universe.

The Witches’ Tower, Thessaloniki, September 18, 1634:

Anna looked over at the eastern horizon, where the sun was cresting, dazzling her view and making it hard to see. Perhaps she’d just been imagining it?

Then the horizon moved. A thick black line undulating on the edge of her world, and getting closer, lights and banners appearing on the heights of Mt Chortiatis. “Mary, Mother of God,” she whispered.

The wind gusted from the east, carrying on it the sound of Pontic askauloi, the bagpipe instruments often used by Roman regulars. [5] And the bells of St Demetrios answered them.

And the Lord of the West shall gather up a great host,
And the Lord of the East shall assemble a vast army,
And they shall battle with each other till all Europe trembles.

The Great Turk shall usher into the fray,
Jerusalem shall come under his sway.

And the Lord of the West shall be exalted,
And win glory on the fields of Philip.
The city of Constantine will hear the sound of thunder
And the Lord of the West will gain his prize.

Reinforcements are good, but somehow I still feel uneasy. The fields of Philip can refer to the plains of Macedonia if you harken back to the days of ole Philip II. Not one for defeats but still expecting the thrill of the story nevertheless.

Reinforcements are good, but somehow I still feel uneasy. The fields of Philip can refer to the plains of Macedonia if you harken back to the days of ole Philip II. Not one for defeats but still expecting the thrill of the story nevertheless.
Even if the Germans reach Constantinople, I think the only prize Theodor's gonna get is Death.

Astrology's an imprecise nonsense, so we can interpret those whatever way we want. The Lord of the West's "triumph" for instance could be just him holding his German army core together after the allies start to desert.

Maybe the sounds of the battle at Thessaloniki will carry all the way to Constantinople?
The Allies would have to pull off Caesar in Alesia but against technologically equal and organisationally superior enemies without any advantage in terrain or fortifications.
So my bet is on a stray cannon ball taking out Athena, Alexandros and Demetrios before hitting a powder keg that blows up a section of the walls.
Then King Casimir leading a force of 20 good men that decimates the supply situation of the relief army.

Fields of Phillip can also refer to France which had 6 Phillips in the 12th and 13th centuries so there would be at least a few before butterflies changes them. There's also a Constantine in the Maghreb. No reason the last verse of the prophecy can't refer to a new war between Triunes allied with Marinids and Germany allied with Accord...and how sweet would it be for the Triunes to be undone by the prophecy of their own philosopher

As to how that war starts...Wittlesbach dies...Triunes decide to invade Lotharingia and continue into Germany...against the odds the Germans rally while the Accord warns the Triunes...Triunes respond by paying Marinids to step join war.

We will see what happens. However, I would say the Triune will win North and South America. The Empire in Asia for the most part more influence and power than total control.

We will see what happens. However, I would say the Triune will win North and South America. The Empire in Asia for the most part more influence and power than total control.

Depending on how you look at it the Triunes have already lost in America. Pre-war expectations were that it wouldn’t even be a theatre. Now it has cost them considerable amounts of coinage in destroyed and lost cargo/property and will cost them even more because they have to outfit and send a fleet to fight there. That’s a lot of effort for an area that was supposed to be secure.

Even if they destroy every Roman ship and kill every Roman sailor it wouldn’t change the overall strategic balance between the 2 powers but the Romans didn’t lose all the money in securing the secure area.

To project naval power the Roman Empire has to spend money projecting power in different ends of the world they know. The Triune is close to an equal in power and is forced by the power structure of influence to look West for the most part. Unequal spending of forces seems likely.

To project naval power the Roman Empire has to spend money projecting power in different ends of the world they know. The Triune is close to an equal in power and is forced by the power structure of influence to look West for the most part. Unequal spending of forces seems likely.

The Romans have already sent the forces and have already decided to spend the money. The Triunes are now forced to spend the money to counter that. If all of history is anything to go by they will have to spend a disproportionate amount of money to eliminate the Roman threat. It is also their valuable sugar colonies and convoys being raided. Worst case is Rome loses a few ships and sailors that they can spare. Best case for Triunes is they have multiple damaged colonies and have to outfit a fleet they were not planning on outfitting. Rome has already "won" this theatre. It would be like if a Triune flotilla suddenly appeared in the Black Sea and raided the Black Sea coast. Even if Rome catches and destroys every ship the disruption to their economy would make it worth it for the Triunes.

The Romans have already sent the forces and have already decided to spend the money. The Triunes are now forced to spend the money to counter that. If all of history is anything to go by they will have to spend a disproportionate amount of money to eliminate the Roman threat. It is also their valuable sugar colonies and convoys being raided. Worst case is Rome loses a few ships and sailors that they can spare. Best case for Triunes is they have multiple damaged colonies and have to outfit a fleet they were not planning on outfitting. Rome has already "won" this theatre. It would be like if a Triune flotilla suddenly appeared in the Black Sea and raided the Black Sea coast. Even if Rome catches and destroys every ship the disruption to their economy would make it worth it for the Triunes.

We are looking at a war/skirmishes that will likely last centuries, The Triunes have the position of advantage, the Byzantine Empire does not. They can not outspend the Triunes in this theatre, they have too many other areas to spend their money besides defending the Empire and rebuilding it. Raids are painful, elimination of those Empire bases in that they can be based out of will follow if required.