Interesting. How long has it been since the Norse were Christianized?
Vinland Norse, or Norse in General? Because the Scandinavia was experiencing Christianization since the late 900s, Iceland having Christianity declared the official religion as far back as 1000. The OTL Norse who reached North America, if I'm not mistaken, were Christian as opposed to worshiping Thor and Odin.

Vinland Norse, or Norse in General? Because the Scandinavia was experiencing Christianization since the late 900s, Iceland having Christianity declared the official religion as far back as 1000. The OTL Norse who reached North America, if I'm not mistaken, were Christian as opposed to worshiping Thor and Odin.

So is this a form of very early neopaganism, or some kind of surviving band of Pagans? Either way, it's really interesting, and I may or may not be rooting for the pagans here.

So is this a form of very early neopaganism, or some kind of surviving band of Pagans? Either way, it's really interesting, and I may or may not be rooting for the pagans here.
They're a surviving band of pagans from the original Nyhofn settlers, who as a clan were cast out of Iceland for murdering a rival clan. They clung to Odin and Thor and brought them back with them. When they were crushed by the Botnborgers and the Wampanoag in retaliation for raiding and murder, a handful who had managed to escape and brought their legends into the wild

So, Gunnar is now between the camp and the enemy warriors (who are possibly still heading away from the camp for an unkown time).
Methinks Gunnar will go to the camp, free the captives, they'll win against the remaining people at the camp and set a trap for the returning warriors.
Or, that will be the plan. Plans, contact with enemy, etc.

So, Gunnar is now between the camp and the enemy warriors (who are possibly still heading away from the camp for an unkown time).
Methinks Gunnar will go to the camp, free the captives, they'll win against the remaining people at the camp and set a trap for the returning warriors.
Or, that will be the plan. Plans, contact with enemy, etc.
Interesting prediction.. As for if it will come true, well, you'll have to wait and see ;)

Thank you all for voting for American Viking for this year's medieval turtledove award! Though I won't probably win, I'm glad I was nominated! A special thanks to @kaiidth and @Gwyain for being the ones to nominate me!
EDIT: And another special thanks to @Walle Ras for also nominating me!

Last edited:
You deserved it! Probably one of the most unique Vinland takes on here, and I'm excited to see how it unfolds.
Really? Thanks! As for how it unfolds, well, I can't say everything that will be happening over the next few years, but I plan on taking this timeline to at least the year 3000 C.E.

And its gonna be one Hell of a ride.

Thank you all for voting for American Viking for this year's medieval turtledove award! Though I won't probably win, I'm glad I was nominated! A special thanks to @kaiidth and @Gwyain for being the ones to nominate me!
Cries in also nominated.

JK, you deserve it. Your timeline has inspired some of the ways I've been doing my own.

So while I'm working on the next update (should be out by next week I think), I feel I must ask the question; which protagonist do you guys like more/better? Jarl Snorri Thorfinnsson, or Gunnar the reluctant warrior?

So while I'm working on the next update (should be out by next week I think), I feel I must ask the question; which protagonist do you guys like more/better? Jarl Snorri Thorfinnsson, or Gunnar the reluctant warrior?
Gunnar, though I have been enjoying all your protaganists