American Magic: The Sequel (2005-present)

January 2009 Movies
  • Notorious
    MV5BMjE0MjAzMTg2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI4MTQyMg@@._V1_.jpg

Released by RKO Radio Pictures
    Produced in association with Bad Boy Entertainment

Taken
    EB20090128REVIEWS901289987AR.jpg

Released by 20th Century Fox

Paul Blart: Mall Cop
    EB20090114REVIEWS901149986AR.jpg

Released by Trimark Pictures​

Skyler (2009 Film)
  • Skyler
    Released President's Day Weekend 2009 by Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow

"People always ask me 'What's it like to get away with murder?' I say it's just like night and day."
    - quote from the trailers and TV spots

[Skyler] (Reed Alexander) made headlines in October of 2002 when he killed Ren and Stimpy "creator" and convicted pedophile John Kricfalusi at the food court of a White Plains, New York mall. Now, his story is finally being brought to the screen. Until now, many details of the young man's life were relatively unknown, as the real life [Skyler] gave no interviews in the immediate years after his claim to fame.

Keep in mind, like many Hollywood films based on historical events, Skyler takes plenty of creative liberties. His real name has never been publicly revealed, so the title is solely based on a pseudonym given to him by the major news outlets at the time of the incident. In one scene, [Skyler] is shown flipping through channels one night before the Cartoon Network's hit show Shezow grabs his attention. This scene was meant to imply that [Skyler] was directly inspired by that show to dress in drag, Though in reality, the real [Skyler] says that his crossdressing days began at least two years or so before Shezow's debut.

"I used to have to do chores for my allowance. After saving enough money, I would ride my bike to a local thrift store and buy whatever would fit. I did get a few looks from the other customers, but the cashiers didn't seem to mind."
    - The Real [Skyler]

What is true is that [Skyler] is a younger cousin of [Blair], who was abducted and raped by Kricfalusi at the age of only fifteen.

"When I was a baby, my mother thought it was cute when [Blair] would ask if she could hold me. Until I was about seven, she would babysit me in the summer as a way of earning her allowance. My mom was a counselor at a summer camp. My dad was a fry cook and cashier at the Jack in the Box in New Rochelle where a lot of the Trump Manhattan guys used to come for lunch."
    - The real [Skyler]

Also true was that [Skyler's] parents were glued to the television set for the duration of the John Kricfalusi trial.

The third act focuses solely on the October 2002 incident. During casting, very few A-list actors were willing to play Kricfalusi, fearing they would supposedly be cursed after Paul Feig's portrayal in American Crime Story led to the Freaks and Geeks creator's hospitalization and eventual retirement from show business. So instead, the producers picked up a struggling stand up comic off the streets to play the notorious auteur.

The depiction of the incident is based on numerous witness accounts that were recorded by police detectives. This includes the many mall patrons bludgeoning Kricfalusi with food court trays. And don't forget the woman who beats Kricfalusi with her purse, only for her gun to slip out and be picked up by [Skyler]. The actual killing is portrayed with [Skyler] firing the bullets while Kricfalusi dies off screen.

Police officer Shannon Perry (Frank Stallone) stops his partner from putting the handcuffs on [Skyler] when witnesses confirm the identity of the deceased.

[Skyler] opened to rave reviews and was a modest box office success.​

Coraline (2009 Film)
  • @Igeo654
    Very intriguing. Anyways...

Coraline
    EB20090204REVIEWS902049989AR.jpg

Released Early March 2009 by Walt Disney Pictures
    Produced in stop motion animation by LAIKA

Written and directed by
    Henry Selick

Executive Producers
    Tim Burton
    Will Vinton

Based on the book by
    Neil Gaiman

Music by
    Danny Elfman

SELECT VOICES
    Dakota Fanning as Coraline Jones
    Teri Hatcher as Mel Jones and Other Mother
    Jennifer Saunders as April Sprink
    Dawn French as Miriam Forcible
    Keith David as the Cat
    John Hodgman as Charlie Jones and Other Father
    Robert Bailey, Jr. as Wybie Lovat
    Ian McShane as Sergei Alexander Bobinsky

020609coraline5.jpg

Upon its theatrical opening, Coraline unseated Warner Bros' Skyler from the top spot at the box office and stayed #1 for two weeks prior. The next tentpole film is Universal's Watchmen, based on the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons graphic novel.

At the premiere of Coraline, Disney confirmed its choice of 39 year old Sam Register of Turner Broadcasting to succeed Don Bluth as head of Classic Animation. Register served at Turner's Film Roman division as vice president under founder Phil Roman and later Mark Evanier. Register's credits include C. Bear and Jamal, Cow and Chicken, Shezow and Spongebob Squarepants for the Cartoon Network.

Register officially takes office on September 21st.​

Entertainment News for March 2009
  • In a victory for the video game industry, the International Court of Justice finds the SCOTUS acted in bad faith in deciding the Nintendo case.
    - The New York Times

LAIKA begins production on ParaNorman, slated for a 2012 release.
    - The Oregonian

When asked about the pressure of replacing an animation legend, Sam Register said "Pressure? Bring it on!"
    - Entertainment Weekly

Watchmen (2009 Film)
  • Watchmen
    watchmen-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released on St. Patrick's Day Weekend 2009 by Universal Pictures
    Based on the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons graphic novel

Special edition of the graphic novel available from Beyond Gemini

Directed by Zack Snyder

CAST
    THE WATCHMEN

Jackie Earle Haley as Walter Kovacs/Rorschach
    Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl II
    Billy Crudup as Doctor Manhattan
    Matthew Goode as Ozymandias
    Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Comedian

THE MINUTEMEN
    Carla Gugino as Silk Spectre I
    Stephen McHattie as Nite Owl I
    Dan Payne as Dollar Bill
    Niall Matter as Mothman
    Apollonia Vanova as The Silhouette
    Glenn Ennis as Hooded Justice
    Darryl Scheelar as Captain Metropolis

After 23 years, Watchmen finally reached the silver screen. Of course, Alan Moore being Alan Moore, he'll always have something to complain about whenever a film comes out based on his comics. Anyways, the film opened to a decent box office run despite mixed reviews from critics and audiences.​

Spring 2009 Movies
  • Confessions of a Shopoholic
    e732f155-0072-4bd7-920d-b90ac952ddfc.jpg

Released by Hyperion Pictures

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    dragon-tattoo-2009.jpg

Released in Sweden by Nordisk
    Imported to the US by Republic Pictures

Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience
    3YL3QUXEB4RDPUQVYQDOSB345M.jpg

Released by Hanna-Barbera

Knowing
    Knowing_Byrne_Cage_thumb.jpg

An early nominee for the worst film of 2009

Race to Witch Mountain
    Race-to-witch-mountain-featured-image1-1280x720.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures​

Rachel Stone-Abbott on Inside Edition (2009)
  • Lisa-Guerrero-626x332.png

LISA GUERRERO
    (Inside Edition)
    "Rachel, you and Craig Bartlett have been in the process of remastering the entire series of Hey Arnold! for the upcoming DVD box sets. What are the worst episodes in your opinion?"

untitled.png

RACHEL STONE-ABBOTT
    (President & Chief Executive Officer; Hanna-Barbera)
    "Just to be clear, I was only on the show for about the first half of its run and came back for the last season or two."

dc7inlv-3f2c48f9-c2ed-437f-a667-700c4053eff8.jpg

"The worst episode that came out during my first stint here has got to be Arnold Betrays Iggy. I mean, a kid wearing bunny pajamas would seem normal, right? Dan Povenmire, the guy who now does Phineas and Ferb at Disney, directed this episode. Steve Viksten was great as the voice of Oskar. But somewhere along the way, 'Sith' MacFarlane seduced Steve to the dark side and he wound up writing this garbage episode. There's nothing more I can say other than bad things. I still remember the fan letters we got and how furious the kids were about the way Arnold was humiliated in the third act. To this day, even though Iggy was never a major character, I'm still trying to figure out why Arnold would suddenly 'betray' him."

curly-scaring-rhonda-2.png

"Curly's Girl was an episode that aired shortly after I left to work on Steven Universe. This was literally the first time I've seen the episode since my return to Hanna-Barbera...and after it was over I asked myself 'Jesus Christ, what the fuck was Seth thinking?' The whole plot was just a big pile of horseshit, and that's the most PC thing I can say about it. "

"You know how people talk about how each studio I've worked for went downhill after I leave? That was half true for Warner Bros when I left in 1995. But since then, I'm sure they've bounced back just fine. On the other hand, Ruby-Spears hasn't really been relevant since Steven Universe. That, in my opinion is actually pretty depressing. When I came back here, Seth pretty much became the lunatic running the asylum and a few years went by before Michael [Eisner] and Bob [Iger] agreed I was the only adult in the room."

"Other than those episodes, there was Full Moon, Student-Teacher where Olga is a teacher's aide in Helga's class....those ones were made during my first tenure. Principal Simmons was another clunker, but that one came out while I was at Ruby-Spears. And there was another one that also came out when I was still doing Steven Universe...I forget the title, but most of the episode was just Big Bob farting in Helga's face and Miriam raids the liquor cabinet."

"Oh yeah, that one episode where Grandpa Phil gives Grandma Gertie a smack on the caboose? Seth wrote that too."​

Entertainment News for April 2009
  • Mayor Shirley Franklin proclaims April 16th as Daniel Abbott Day.

In 1977, at the age of 19, Mr. Abbott came to our community from his native England as one of twelve animators that formed the Atlanta satellite office of the United Artists/Richard Williams joint venture, or UA/Williams for short. Seven years later, the partnership was dissolved and Abbott sought greener pastures in Hollywood. He worked briefly at Universal Pictures before finding a permanent home at elsewhere. Abbott, now 51, has been with The Walt Disney Company as both an animator and voice actor since 1988. Abbott is married to Steven Universe creator and Hanna-Barbera chief Rachel Stone. Together they have a nine month old son, Eric.
    - Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Paramount chairman George Lucas and Simpsons creator Matt Groening confirm a reboot of the animated sitcom is imminent for Fall '09.
    - The Los Angeles Times

20th Century Fox chairman Haim Saban confirms Power Rangers movie for Summer 2013.
    - Variety

Entertainment News for Early May 2009
  • Lisa-Guerrero-626x332.png

LISA GUERRERO
    (Anchor/Reporter for Inside Edition):
    "George, you and Matt Groening announced that Seth MacFarlane would join the writing team for the upcoming Simpsons reboot. But there are some fans who are concerned with how Seth will handle the source material. Have you guys set any boundaries for him moving forward?"

84752941.jpg

GEORGE LUCAS
    (Chairman of the Board; Paramount Pictures)
    "The most obvious boundary we have set is that we were not going to let him write those cutaway gags because at the end of the day, they only serve as a crutch whenever a plot would otherwise fall flat. Another boundary we've set was for him to scale back some of the sexual innuendos and gross out humor. When Matt first told me he was interested in bringing Seth aboard, I have to admit I was shell shocked. Right away, I became concerned about his track record. There were a lot of episodes he wrote for Hey Arnold! and Hannah Montana over at Hanna-Barbera that pretty much compromised the vision that the respective creators had for those shows."

Matt+Groening+Comic+Con+2009+Day+3+0flzNvFLh1tl.jpg

MATT GROENING
    (Creator of The Simpsons):
    "George was also worried that Seth was going down the same path as Kricfalusi. So we put in a stipulation in his contract which mandates that he undergo counseling to keep from bouncing off the walls in the writer's room."

brooks_2010_a_p.jpg

JAMES L. BROOKS
    (Co-Producer of The Simpsons)
    "And as we get at least 90% of the band back together, Seth is going to have to really prove to us that he can write a cohesive story and work within the parameters that George, Matt and myself have put in place for the Simpsons' return to television. We learned a lot from studying what Bob Camp did differently to bring Ren and Stimpy back to Nickelodeon a few years ago . For our show, we hope to use some of the same lessons to keep Seth from going astray as he frequently did at Hanna-Barbera."​

Early Summer 2009 Movies
  • Monsters vs. Aliens
    image-asset.jpeg

Released by DreamWorks SKG
    Produced in 2D animation.

Crank: High Voltage
    crank_high_voltage_Statham_Ling.jpg

Released by Lionsgate

17 Again
    wb-883316823774-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483994511370._SX1080_.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema

The Soloist
    maxresdefault.jpg

Released by Geffen Pictures​

Universal Monsters: Endgame (2009 Film)
  • Universal Monsters: Endgame

Released in Mid-May 2009 by Universal Pictures

On Alucard's (Daniel Craig) command, the Iron Grip has raised Dracula (Peter Stormare) and other previous villains from the dead. Now, it is time for the Defenders of Humanity to reassemble and take one final stand to restore the balance between good and evil.

With the legacy of a 20 year story arc on the line, it was put-up or shut-up time for Universal. A chapter in the studio's history was about to close, and it needed to go out on a high note. Behind the scenes, studio co-chairs Ron Howard and Brian Grazer were in a power struggle with Casey Wasserman, grandson of longtime MCA boss Lew Wasserman.

Universal executives breathed a collective sigh of relief as Endgame became the studio's biggest box office hit since Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone.

Directed by Simon Kinberg
    Written by Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn
    Executive Producers: Ridley and Tony Scott

Music by Hans Zimmer

CAST
    Daniel Craig as Alucard
    Peter Stormare as Dracula
    Chris Pratt as Eddie Van Helsing
    Dwayne Johnson as the Scorpion King
    Jet Li as the Dragon Emperor
    Daniel Day-Lewis as Adam
    Kathleen Beller as Eve
    Vanessa Williams as Ahmanet
    Mickey Rourke as Larry Talbot/Wolfman
    Doug Jones as the Gill Maid
    Dennis Hopper as Dorian Grey
    Christoph Waltz as the Headless Horsemen
    Dougray Scott as the Wendigo
    Rebecca Romijn as Medusa
    Jeffrey Coombs as Dr. Herbert West
    Peter Capaldi as Dr. Jekyll
    Martin Landau as Dr. Pretorius
    Rose McGowan as Jeanne
    Kate Beckinsale as Mina Harker
    Gary Oldman as Dr. Victor Frankenstein
    Tobin Bell as Poelzig​

Star Trek (2009 Film)
  • Star Trek
    dead35fa1512ad67301d09326177c42f.jpg

Released in Early June 2009 by Paramount Pictures.

The 2009 live action film of Star Trek serves as an origin story of the characters from the original series, albeit with an all new cast. It is also the first Trek adaptation under current Paramount chairman George Lucas.

Directed by JJ Abrams
    Screenplay by Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman
    Music by Michael Giacchino
    Executive Producers: JJ Abrams and George Lucas

CAST
    Chris Pine as Captain Kirk
    Zachary Quinto as Mr. Spock
    Zoe Saldana as Uhura
    Karl Urban as Dr. Bones McCoy
    Simon Pegg as Scotty
    Anton Yelchin as Chekov
    John Cho as Mr. Sulu
    Eric Bana as Captain Nero
    Leonard Nimoy as Spock Prime

REACTION
    "Never thought I'd live to see the creator of Star Wars involved with bringing Star Trek back to the screen. Kinda funny how things work out like that."
    - The Denver Post

"As the coffin closes on Universal's Monsterverse, Paramount continues its now 43-year mission to explore strange new worlds."
    - The San Francisco Chronicle

"Star Trek boldly goes where no reboot has gone before!"
    - The Kansas City Star

"Have you lost your Vulcan mind? You HAVE to see this new take on a classic franchise!"
    - The Philadelphia Inquirer

"Some have already declared 2009 to be a banner year for Paramount, but the jury is still out until they deliver on the Simpsons reboot."
    - The New York Post

Monty Python Retrospective
  • Rebecca+Sugar+2017+Adult+Swim+Upfront+Party+u-GLGpN5rCll.jpg

REBECCA SUGAR
    (Distant cousin of Rachel Stone-Abbott)
    "Does Daniel remember Monty Python by any chance?"

untitled.png

RACHEL STONE ABBOTT
    (President, Chief executive officer; Hanna-Barbera)
    "He's ate, slept and breathed Python since childhood. Isn't that right Danny Boy?"

hqdefault.jpg

DANIEL ABBOTT
    (Animator and voice actor at Disney)
    "Right. Except at the beginning, it was something I had to sneak past my parents.

I was eleven years old when Flying Circus debuted on BBC One. I first heard of it from a few of my schoolmates during lunch break. It would usually run at 10:56 on Sunday nights when I was supposed to be in bed. There were nights I'd sneak out of my room and tip toe to the living room to watch. I had to make sure the volume on the telly was low enough where I could still hear the sound without waking up the whole flat.

My mum caught me only once. It was the night of the Dead Parrot sketch and right before it was over, next thing I hear is...

(Falsetto voice) 'Daniel, turn the telly off and go back to bed!'

...then a little later, The Lumberjack Song swept the schoolyard. You had to have been there to see the nuns and the vicar nervously doing the Sign of the Cross and murmur to themselves while we sang those lyrics at the top our lungs.

monty+python+fb+event.jpg

Holy Grail came a few years later when I moved from Soton to London and started my career at Richard Williams' old studio in Soho.

428817_310320399064804_903547491_n.jpg

A few years went by until I moved to Atlanta and was surprised to see reruns of Flying Circus playing late at night on the PBS affiliate over there.

While I was in Atlanta, Life of Brian came out the same year I worked on The Hobbit for United Artists.

python-brian-main.jpg

The Meaning of Life was the last movie I saw during my time in Atlanta. United Artists brought Life of Brian over to the States, but then Universal was the distributor for Meaning of Life. Little did I know when I first saw Meaning of Life in the cinema, I would be laid off from UA and end up moving [to Hollywood] to work for Universal.

_92065412_mediaitem79125958.jpg

Since coming to Disney, I've been blessed to actually work with some of the Pythons, whether it was doing voices for a theme park attraction to a video game or a guest appearance on House of Mouse or something. However, I did fill in for Graham Chapman on The Hobbit way before that."

Hannah vs. Horton
  • Hannah Montana: The Movie
    1180w-600h_041019_Hannah-Montana-The-Movie_v2-780x440.jpg

Released in Early June 2009 by Hanna-Barbera

A live action adaptation of the hit animated sitcom.

Directed by
    Brad Silberling

Screenplay by
    Michael Poryes
    Rachel Stone-Abbott

Story by
    Dan Berendsen

Based on characters created by
    Michael Poryes
    Rich Correll
    Barry O'Brien

Executive Producers:
    Rachel Stone-Abbott
    Michael Poryes
    Billy Ray Cyrus
    Maureen Donley

CAST
    Destiny Hope Cyrus as Hannah Montana/Miley Stewart
    Emily Osment as Lilly Truscott
    Mitch Musso as Oliver Oken
    Jason Earles as Jackson Stewart
    Billy Ray Cyrus as Robby Ray Stewart
    Lucas Till as Travis Brody
    Moises Arias as Rico Suave
    Taylor Swift as herself
    Rascal Flatts as themselves

Horton Hears a Who
    tumblr_oxja4pMI621re1poeo1_1280.jpg

Released in Early June 2009 by 20th Century Fox in association with United Artists [1]
    Produced in CGI animation by Blue Sky

An adaptation of the classic Dr. Seuss book. In fact, it is Fox's first Dr. Seuss film since the disastrous release of Daisy Head Mayzie fourteen years ago.

[1] United Artists retained the rights to the 1970 Chuck Jones version, resulting from Ted Turner's 1983 purchase of MGM. Therefore, UA's involvement opened the door for Fox to use the songs from the Jones version in this remake.

Directed by
    Jimmy Hayward
    Steve Martino

Screenplay by
    Cinco Paul
    Ken Daurio

Music
    John Powell

Songs
    Dr. Seuss and Eugene Poddany
    (Recycled from the 1970 Chuck Jones version)

VOICES
    Jim Carrey as Horton
    Steve Carrell as Mayor Ned McDodd
    Carol Burnett as Jane Kangaroo
    Josh Flitter as Junior Kangaroo
    Robert Englund as Vlad Vladikoff
    Jesse McCartney as Jojo
    Graham Chapman as the Narrator

Upon opening, both films were tied for second place at the box office behind Paramount's Star Trek.​

June 2009 Movies
  • The Hangover
    Hangover-2009.jpeg

Released by Warner Bros

Land of the Lost
    maxresdefault.jpg

Based on the TV series created by Sid and Marty Krofft

Imagine That
    imagine-that-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Trimark Pictures​

Iron Man (2009 Remake)
  • Iron Man (Remake)
    maxresdefault.jpg

Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr) just before the Jericho Missile test.

ITTL, the Iron Man remake series with RDJ will pretty much be a standalone series as much of TTL's MCU had been produced in the 80's and 90's.

The previous Iron Man films ITTL were released way back in 1985 and '87 and starred Michael Biehn as Stark.​

Prince-Less (TV Series)
  • Prince-Less
    Princeless-Logo-600x253.png

Airs Thursday nights on XYZ
    Distributed by Touchstone Television
    Produced by Charm City Partners II

Executive Producers
    Rachel Stone-Abbott
    Maureen Donley

VOICES
    Kyla Pratt as Adrienne Ashe
    Corbin Bleu as Prince Devin
    Laurence Fishburne as King Ashe
    Angela Bassett as Queen Ashe
    Mae Whitman as Bedelia Smith
    Eric Bauza as Sparky
    Brenda Song as Raven Xingato​

Hannah Montana (Seth's version vs. Rachel's version)
  • @Mitch!

For one thing, there’s determining which episodes were featured in the Seth MacFarlane and Rachel Stone versions of Hannah Montana. Aside from the “original” cuts which would lead to MacFarlane’s firing, there needs to be some clarification regarding both “halves” of the show.

SETH MACFARLANE'S VERSION (September 2006 thru Spring 2007)
    - Episodes 1 thru 41 (2006 thru early 2007) encompass Seth MacFarlane's version.
    - Drawn in a style that would've been typical of other mid-2000's cartoons like Danny Phantom or Total Drama.
    - Originally planned to strictly follow the teen sitcom formula until Seth's writing reared its ugly head.

RACHEL STONE-ABBOTT'S VERSION (Summer 2008 thru the present)
    - Picks up from Episode 42 onwards.
    - Drawn in a style reminiscent of Hanna-Barbera's version of Josie and the Pussycats and other HB "teen" series from the 1970's.
    - Rather than tightly focused on Miley trying to balance her music career with her private life, the series shifts towards the magical girl genre.
    - Basically the series has evolved into a mix of Jem and the Holograms meets Sailor Moon with Miley assuming the Jerrica Benton/Serena Tsukhino role.
    - A recording studio in the basement of the Stewart house is a callback to the She-Lair from Shezow.
    - Piper is new character, voiced by Jodi Benson. She is a supercomputer in Miley's secret recording studio, basically a callback to Sheila from Shezow and Synergy from Jem.
    - In Miley's bedroom is a Steven Universe plush toy on top of a bookshelf.
    - Oliver is less of an annoying idiot than he was in Seth's version.
    - The Mic of Destiny is used when Miley must transform into Hannah.

Last edited:
    The Simpsons (2009 Reboot)
  • The Simpsons (2009 Reboot)
    524e34ffcbb54.image.jpg

ABOVE: Promotional poster handed out at the Paramount booth during the 2009 San Diego Comic Con.

Airs Sunday Nights on UPN.

Based on the characters created by Matt Groening.

Executive Producers
    Matt Groening
    George Lucas
    James L. Brooks
    Patrick Joubert
    Clive A. Smith
    Michael Hirsh

Writing Staff
    Mike Reiss
    Al Jean
    David Silverman
    Wes Archer
    John Swartzwelder
    Seth MacFarlane ***NEW***
    Alex Hirsch ***NEW***
    Dan Harmon ***NEW***
    Justin Roiland ***NEW***

VOICES
    Dan Castellaneta:

Homer, Barney, Krusty, Abe, Willie, Kodos, Quimby, Sideshow Mel, Moleman

Julie Kavner:
    Marge, Patty, Selma

Nancy Cartwright:
    Bart, Kearney, Nelson, Ralph, Rod

Yeardley Smith:
    Lisa

Harry Shearer:
    Mr. Burns, Smithers, Principal Skinner, Ned Flanders, Kang, Dr. Hibbert, Rev. Lovejoy, Kent Brockman

Hank Azaria:
    Apu, Wiggum, Moe, Carl, Comic Book Guy, Chalmers

Pamela Hayden:
    Milhouse, Jimbo, Tod

Joe Mantegna:
    Fat Tony

Marcia Wallace:
    Mrs. Krabappel

Albert Brooks:
    Jacques

Tress MacNielle:
    Agnes Skinner

Additional Voices:
    Seth MacFarlane
    Tara Strong
    Dee Bradley Baker
    Christine Ebersole
    Seth Green
    Mila Kunis
    Eric Bauza

Upcoming special guests:
    'Weird Al' Yankovic
    Mike Judge
    Rachel Stone-Abbott
    Mark Wahlberg
    Nick Carter
    Peter Stormare
    John Cena
    Patrick Stewart
    Kevin Smith
    Stan Lee
    Zachary Quinto
    Destiny Hope Cyrus
    Tom Hanks
    Chuck Norris
    Quentin Tarantino
    ....and many more!!!

What's different this time?
    - The characters evolved away from their roots late in the original series' run. This time, the show returns to the core of the characters' personalities.
    - All new episodes will be in a one hour format to allow the return of certain staples like the full version of the main title sequence, along with the Itchy and Scratchy skits.
    - Speaking of Itchy and Scratchy, the Roger Meyers estate must now deal with the continuing aftermath from the Joey Kowalski scandal from the original series.
    - At the panel during the 2009 Comic Con, George Lucas hinted at the possibility of letting the characters age.
    - If stories are too short for the one hour format, some episodes can be divided into segments.
    - Homer brings back his infamous frosty chocolate milkshake line.
    - All new episodes will be produced using digital ink and paint.
    - Alf Clausen will not return to do the music for each episode. Instead, we get Brian Tyler.

What stays the same?
    - Bart is still an underachiever and proud of it.
    - Homer is still an idiot.
    - Mr. Burns is still a miser.
    - Lisa is still the smart one.
    - No clip shows, but there will be specials that feature the old Tracey Ullman shorts.
    - There will still be a Treehouse of Horror every Halloween.
    - Danny Elfman's theme is still being used.
    - We still get to see the Gracie Films logo at the end of every episode.​

Reactions to The Simpsons reboot
  • Main title comparison:

1989-90

1990-2004

2009-present [Reboot]

The new version of The Simpsons is a fresh take on the beloved characters.
    - The Hollywood Reporter

As long as George Lucas, Jim Brooks and Matt Groening keep Seth MacFarlane under their thumbs, fans of the classic series should embrace the new version.
    - Variety

The world is a different place today than it was in 1989, but The Simpsons have already achieved timelessness, reboot or not.
    - The Los Angeles Times

The last seven years have seen Paramount's merchandising revenue hit the skids. This year, The Simpsons' return to primetime television should signal a resurgence.
    - The Wall Street Journal

It may have only been five years since the run of the original series, but the nostalgia is very strong in anticipation of the relaunch.
    - TV Guide