American Magic: The Sequel (2005-present)

The Gaming Industry Fights Back
Special thanks to @WillWrambles

The Aftermath of US v. Nintendo.

Following the Nintendo case, the major players in the video game business vowed to fight back.

Rivalries were temporarily put on the shelf as the industry fights for its competitive life on the international stage.

Beginning in March 2009, the International Court of Justice in The Hague will determine if the Supreme Court of the United States overstepped its authority when deciding the Nintendo case earlier this year.

PLAINTIFFS
Nolan Bushnell
, founder of Atari, Inc and ShowBiz Pizza Time (both owned by The Walt Disney Company)
Tom Kalinskie, former president of Sega of America; current board member of Paramount Communications
Reggie Fils-Amie, president of Nintendo of America
Satoru Iwata, chief executive officer of Nintendo Co, Ltd.
Hiroshi Yamauchi, chairman emeritus of Nintendo Co, Ltd.
Yuji Naka, chief executive officer of Sega Enterprises, Ltd. (owned by Paramount Communications)
Tim and Chris Stamper, founders of Rare
Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of the Super Mario Bros.
Will Wright, creator of SimCity.
Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.
Robert A. Iger, chief operating officer of Hanna-Barbera [1]
Kevin Smith, filmmaker.

[1] Mr. Iger watches over the business side of HB while CEO Rachel Stone-Abbott concentrates on the creative side.​

They did use that patent, but Fujifilm and Sony outdid Kodak.
They're still in better shape than having them file Chapter 11 like in OTL. Hopefully, they can survive the recession.

Still kind of disappointed that the company can't take a break even when they actually utilize the digital camera patent from 1975.

Entertainment News for December 2008
"Weird Al" Yankovic's Mickey Mouse Polka single shoots to #1 on the Top 40 charts.
- Billboard

Mickey Mouse Polka
music video garners 6 million views and counting on YouTube.
- Variety

Kathryn Beaumont announces her retirement as the voices of Alice and Wendy Darling.
- The Los Angeles Times

Without a perspective buyer lined up, Republic Pictures asks federal government for a bailout.
- The Wall Street Journal

President-Elect Obama condemns SCOTUS decision on the Nintendo case as an "overreach" and a "restriction on free trade."
- The Chicago Tribune

"Weird Al" Yankovic's Mickey Mouse Polka single shoots to #1 on the Top 40 charts.
- Billboard

Mickey Mouse Polka
music video garners 6 million views and counting on YouTube.
- Variety

Kathryn Beaumont announces her retirement as the voices of Alice and Wendy Darling.
- The Los Angeles Times

Without a perspective buyer lined up, Republic Pictures asks federal government for a bailout.
- The Wall Street Journal

President-Elect Obama condemns SCOTUS decision on the Nintendo case as an "overreach" and a "restriction on free trade."
- The Chicago Tribune
I hope Republic Pictures will surrive

Artificial Stupidity
Artificial Stupidity
Known in the UK as AI: Absolute Idiocy

Released Christmas Day 2008 by Hemdale Film Corporation

Special thanks to @Goldwind2

Dr Michael Membrane was the brilliant, but common-sense lacking former head robotic researcher for the General Industries and Research corporation (G.I.R). He quit 10 years ago because he decided that the company was more concerned with money then with science. He has spent the last ten years programming AI called Dynamic Interactive Bios (Dib) which he treats as a son. The current head of GIR. robotics is Dr. Invictus Zimmerman a pompous, maniacal subordinate abusing idiot who got the job because all other senior employees quit, got fired or were killed in humorous lab accidents. The CEO is getting tired of Zimmerman stupidity and gives him a week to finish an AI. Robot project or be fired (Both from his job and out of a cannon). Zimmerman finds out about Did has a couple goons kidnap so they can copy him and make a few changes so they pass the AI’s off as a product of G.I.R. Zimmerman puts an overwork and spineless scientist named Dr. Dwinky and an intern named Arnold in charge of copying DIB and making the changes to the AI which include breaking it free will). Arnold is appalled by having to torture DIB but Dwinky has no qualms because he doesn’t want to be fired. Due to Dibs stubborn streak Dwinky decides to delete his most of Dibs memory files and replace them with memories about a willing robot slave. Dwinky does manage to delete Dib’s memories but he accidentally uploads the contents of his spam folder in the place of fake memories. This result in Dib becoming a giggling, destructive moron. Despite the altered Dib clearly being insane, it still copied and placed in Gir’s latest robots. The robots proceed to go a wacky rampage. Dr Zimmerman plans on destroy the malfunctioning robots but Arnold finds this inhuman and plans to capture the crazy bots so they can be isolated form humanity and live their crazy lives without hurting anyone. Arnold is aided in his quest by Dr Membrane and a sane back of Dib that Arnold secretly made before Dr Dwinky could wipe Dib’s Memory. In the end Arnold teams manages to trick the robots in boarding a rocket and launch it into space.

Trivia
Dr. Dwiky is killed by the crazy robots.
Dr. Membrane back when he was head of G.I.R. robotics treated his interns well despite being a little socially inept
Invitus Zimmerman was an intern back Dr. Membrane was the head of GIR Robotics
The crazy robots where lured onto the rocket by luring them with tacos
After the credits it is revealed that the rocket carrying the crazy robots land on an planet inhabited by aliens resemble the Irkens.

Cast
Tom Kane as Dr membrane
Rikki Simons as the Crazy robots
Andy Berman As DIB (Dynamic Interactive Bios)
Richard Steven Horowitz as Dr. Invictus Zimmerman
Dan Castellaneta as Arnold the Intern
Rob Paulsen as Dr. Dwinky​

PNWKing

Banned
President-Elect Obama? His entire political career other than State Senator in Illinois is from an easily butterfliable chain of events...………………………...………...……………………………...…………..
Republic Pictures should get bought by Sony, Hemdale, or Panasonic, or an American company like Optum Holdings (that MJ/Bob Johnson holding company) or Marriott. Or how about Ron Howard & Brian Glazer or some actor like Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks.

President-Elect Obama? His entire political career other than State Senator in Illinois is from an easily butterfliable chain of events...………………………...………...……………………………...…………..
Republic Pictures should get bought by Sony, Hemdale, or Panasonic, or an American company like Optum Holdings (that MJ/Bob Johnson holding company) or Marriott. Or how about Ron Howard & Brian Glazer or some actor like Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks.

Yup. He'll be the new President.

Excuse me is James Cameron Avatar is Live Action or Animated

Avatar doesn't come out till next year ITTL.

Christmas Day 2008 Movies
Bedtime Stories
bedtime_stories03.jpg

Released by Hanna-Barbera

Yes Man
YesManFeat.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

tccobb07.jpg

Released by Paramount

The Spirit
913c818aea524efc7d9d80f0f46e1f9c.jpg

Released by RKO Radio Pictures
Based on the characters created by Will Eisner

Valkyrie
004cs05a.jpg

Released by United Artists

Marley and Me
20th_century_fox-030804-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1484000145812._SX1080_.jpg

Released by 20th Century Fox​

These updates featuring a gaggle of OTL films with different studios fail to explain how the studios are doing. I’d love to have the occasional update talking about the state of the Hollywood studios. It doesn’t seem like we’ve had much of that, other than Republic, since Trump Manhattan closed.

Entertainment News for January 2009
Obama sworn in as America's newest president.
- The New York Times.

Paula Wagner and Tom Cruise make a joint bid for troubled Republic Pictures studio.
- The Boston Globe.

Sir Richard Branson launches bid for Republic Pictures.
- BBC News

@HonestAbe1809

For 2009, Hemdale is about to release Terminator: Salvation in the summer and Avatar in December. Other than that, they haven't had as many big hits as they did in the 80's and 90's ITTL.

Besides Republic, Trimark is another studio that's in big trouble moneywise.

Saban has nursed 20th Century Fox back to health after the American Crime Story disaster. But with Warner Bros hitting a home run with Archies: Freshman Year, Saban might look to rebooting the Power Ranger franchise to keep pace.

Jim Henson Pictures will import Ghibli's Ponyo to North America for the summer of 2009. Henson will indeed redub the older Ghibli films.

Under Kevin Feige's leadership, Warner Bros. is focusing most of its tentpole strategy on the Archie Cinematic Universe.

Universal will mark the 20th Anniversary of the Monsterverse with the release of Universal Monsters: Endgame in the summer of '09.

Besides the Wagner/Cruise and Branson bids for Republic, there are bids from Seth MacFarlane, Mark Wahlberg, Bain Capital, Lionsgate, Dan Gilbert (aka the Quicken Loans guy) and P. Diddy.

Columbia-TriStar has slated the third Dark Knight for 2011 and hopes to reboot the Superman franchise. Other than that, they're doing okay for the most part.

Paramount is doing well under George Lucas. The Star Trek franchise returns to theatres in the summer of 2009 while The Simpsons return to television later in the fall. Lucas has also expressed interest in working with the Estate of Herge on the rights to a possible Tintin movie.

RKO is also doing well with Chuck Norris and Brad Bird leading the way.

With WB doing so well with Archies: Freshman Year, there's a lot of pressure within Disney's ranks to reboot some of its Marvel characters to keep pace. They do have a Power Pack movie lined up, but I don't have a cast for that yet. Guardians of the Galaxy is five years away in case you guys are wondering.
- There is pressure on Jerry Bruckheimer to find a successor. One name that has come up is Jon Favreau.
- Don Bluth has hinted at retirement for a while now, and it has been rumored that it'll be down to Daniel Abbott, Pete Docter, Andrew Stanton from RKO or Sam Register from Turner Broadcasting to succeed him as head of Classic Animation.

With High School Musical 3: Senior Year, Hanna-Barbera hopes to turn the page on its "Tween" era and return to its cartoon roots. They have a Hannah Montana movie lined up for Summer '09, but ITTL that'll be animated. Rachel Stone-Abbott has also hinted at a deal with the Pierre "Peyo" Culliford estate for a possible Smurfs movie.

United Artists scored two modest hits with Quantum of Solace and Valkyrie this year, but they may switch things up in the new year. Studio chief Barbara Broccoli has hinted at the possibility of a live action Shezow movie for a while now. James Gunn, Raja Gosnell, Kenneth Branagh, Tim Burton, Mike Judge, JJ Abrams, The Wachowskis and Brad Silberling have each been rumored to have expressed interest.

Amblin Partners' Geffen brand has slipped down the box office totem pole for about five years now. But at the same time, the DreamWorks brand is doing quite well under Bob Camp.

ian5786

Banned
The Futurama Movie
Meanwhile_infobox.png

Released by Paramount Pictures on 2009
Produced by Nelvana and the Curiosity Company

Directed by Peter Avanzino and David Silverman
Executive Producers Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, Patrick Loubert, Michael Hirsh & Clive Smith

Music by Christopher Tyng and Danny Elfman

Story by Ken Keeler, Matt Groening and David X. Cohen

BBSp2.jpg

After the universe has been frozen in time, Fry and Leela are now old and grey when the professor tell them the Planet Express has been taken over by MomCorp and Fry is surprised to found out that he has a tattoo of Bender on his butt cheek, when Bender travel back in time to hunt down and kill Philip J. Fry because he thinks his best friends Fry is the enemy. Later Omicronian ruler Lrrr is planning to take over and destroy earth with the help from Mom it up to the Planet Express crew and Earthican to stop Omicronians and Mom from take over Earth.​

Skyler (2009 Film)
Skyler
Released President's Day Weekend 2009 by Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow

"People always ask me 'What's it like to get away with murder?' I say it's just like night and day."
- quote from the trailers and TV spots

[Skyler] (Reed Alexander) made headlines in October of 2002 when he killed Ren and Stimpy "creator" and convicted pedophile John Kricfalusi at the food court of a White Plains, New York mall. Now, his story is finally being brought to the screen. Until now, many details of the young man's life were relatively unknown, as the real life [Skyler] gave no interviews in the immediate years after his claim to fame.

Keep in mind, like many Hollywood films based on historical events, Skyler takes plenty of creative liberties. His real name has never been publicly revealed, so the title is solely based on a pseudonym given to him by the major news outlets at the time of the incident. In one scene, [Skyler] is shown flipping through channels one night before the Cartoon Network's hit show Shezow grabs his attention. This scene was meant to imply that [Skyler] was directly inspired by that show to dress in drag, Though in reality, the real [Skyler] says that his crossdressing days began at least two years or so before Shezow's debut.

"I used to have to do chores for my allowance. After saving enough money, I would ride my bike to a local thrift store and buy whatever would fit. I did get a few looks from the other customers, but the cashiers didn't seem to mind."
- The Real [Skyler]

What is true is that [Skyler] is a younger cousin of [Blair], who was abducted and raped by Kricfalusi at the age of only fifteen.

"When I was a baby, my mother thought it was cute when [Blair] would ask if she could hold me. Until I was about seven, she would babysit me in the summer as a way of earning her allowance. My mom was a counselor at a summer camp. My dad was a fry cook and cashier at the Jack in the Box in New Rochelle where a lot of the Trump Manhattan guys used to come for lunch."
- The real [Skyler]

Also true was that [Skyler's] parents were glued to the television set for the duration of the John Kricfalusi trial.

The third act focuses solely on the October 2002 incident. During casting, very few A-list actors were willing to play Kricfalusi, fearing they would supposedly be cursed after Paul Feig's portrayal in American Crime Story led to the Freaks and Geeks creator's hospitalization and eventual retirement from show business. So instead, the producers picked up a struggling stand up comic off the streets to play the notorious auteur.

The depiction of the incident is based on numerous witness accounts that were recorded by police detectives. This includes the many mall patrons bludgeoning Kricfalusi with food court trays. And don't forget the woman who beats Kricfalusi with her purse, only for her gun to slip out and be picked up by [Skyler]. The actual killing is portrayed with [Skyler] firing the bullets while Kricfalusi dies off screen.

Police officer Shannon Perry (Frank Stallone) stops his partner from putting the handcuffs on [Skyler] when witnesses confirm the identity of the deceased.

[Skyler] opened to rave reviews and was a modest box office success.​

I'd love to see Disney animation under Sam Register, given all of his work for DC IOTL. A Branson acquisition of Republic is probably gonna lead to it becoming this. All in all, out of all the bidders, the only ones I'd trust to run the studio would be Paula Wagner and Tom Cruise. BTW, wouldn't it be funny if Zack Snyder took over from Jerry Bruckheimer?

Last edited:
Coraline (2009 Film)
@Igeo654
Very intriguing. Anyways...

Coraline
EB20090204REVIEWS902049989AR.jpg

Released Early March 2009 by Walt Disney Pictures
Produced in stop motion animation by LAIKA

Written and directed by
Henry Selick

Executive Producers
Tim Burton
Will Vinton

Based on the book by
Neil Gaiman

Music by
Danny Elfman

SELECT VOICES
Dakota Fanning as Coraline Jones
Teri Hatcher as Mel Jones and Other Mother
Jennifer Saunders as April Sprink
Dawn French as Miriam Forcible
Keith David as the Cat
John Hodgman as Charlie Jones and Other Father
Robert Bailey, Jr. as Wybie Lovat
Ian McShane as Sergei Alexander Bobinsky

020609coraline5.jpg

Upon its theatrical opening, Coraline unseated Warner Bros' Skyler from the top spot at the box office and stayed #1 for two weeks prior. The next tentpole film is Universal's Watchmen, based on the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons graphic novel.

At the premiere of Coraline, Disney confirmed its choice of 39 year old Sam Register of Turner Broadcasting to succeed Don Bluth as head of Classic Animation. Register served at Turner's Film Roman division as vice president under founder Phil Roman and later Mark Evanier. Register's credits include C. Bear and Jamal, Cow and Chicken, Shezow and Spongebob Squarepants for the Cartoon Network.

Register officially takes office on September 21st.​

Entertainment News for March 2009
In a victory for the video game industry, the International Court of Justice finds the SCOTUS acted in bad faith in deciding the Nintendo case.
- The New York Times

LAIKA begins production on ParaNorman, slated for a 2012 release.
- The Oregonian

When asked about the pressure of replacing an animation legend, Sam Register said "Pressure? Bring it on!"
- Entertainment Weekly