American Magic: The Sequel (2005-present)

"I'm definitely gonna miss working with Don Bluth, but hopefully Sam Register will be the right guy to lead us towards continued success."
- Daniel Abbott in an interview with Inside Edition

ian5786

Banned
List of 2009 Oscar Best Animated Feature Nominees ITTL
  • Star Fox Vs Sakura Wars (Nintendo/Red Entertainment/Shogakukan Production/Ruby-Spears/OLM,Inc/Production I.G./Grand Diamond/Toho)
  • Doraemon: Nobita and the Enchanted Princess (TV Asahi/Shogakukan/Shin-Ei/Toho/Hanna-Barbera/Disney)
  • Kung Fu Panda (DreamWorks)
  • Beavis and Butt-Head vs Detective Conan/Case Closed (Film Roman/TMS Entertainment/Nippon TV/Shogakukan Production/MTV Films/Toho/United Artists)
  • The Search for Mickey Mouse (Disney)
  • WALL-E (RKO Radio Pictures)

Watchmen (2009 Film)
Watchmen
watchmen-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released on St. Patrick's Day Weekend 2009 by Universal Pictures
Based on the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons graphic novel

Special edition of the graphic novel available from Beyond Gemini

Directed by Zack Snyder

CAST
THE WATCHMEN

Jackie Earle Haley as Walter Kovacs/Rorschach
Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl II
Billy Crudup as Doctor Manhattan
Matthew Goode as Ozymandias
Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Comedian

THE MINUTEMEN
Carla Gugino as Silk Spectre I
Stephen McHattie as Nite Owl I
Dan Payne as Dollar Bill
Niall Matter as Mothman
Apollonia Vanova as The Silhouette
Glenn Ennis as Hooded Justice
Darryl Scheelar as Captain Metropolis

After 23 years, Watchmen finally reached the silver screen. Of course, Alan Moore being Alan Moore, he'll always have something to complain about whenever a film comes out based on his comics. Anyways, the film opened to a decent box office run despite mixed reviews from critics and audiences.​

Spring 2009 Movies
Confessions of a Shopoholic
e732f155-0072-4bd7-920d-b90ac952ddfc.jpg

Released by Hyperion Pictures

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
dragon-tattoo-2009.jpg

Released in Sweden by Nordisk
Imported to the US by Republic Pictures

Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience
3YL3QUXEB4RDPUQVYQDOSB345M.jpg

Released by Hanna-Barbera

Knowing
Knowing_Byrne_Cage_thumb.jpg

Released by RKO Radio Pictures
An early nominee for the worst film of 2009

Race to Witch Mountain
Race-to-witch-mountain-featured-image1-1280x720.jpg

Released by Walt Disney Pictures​

Rachel Stone-Abbott on Inside Edition (2009)
Lisa-Guerrero-626x332.png

LISA GUERRERO
(Inside Edition)
"Rachel, you and Craig Bartlett have been in the process of remastering the entire series of Hey Arnold! for the upcoming DVD box sets. What are the worst episodes in your opinion?"

untitled.png

RACHEL STONE-ABBOTT
(President & Chief Executive Officer; Hanna-Barbera)
"Just to be clear, I was only on the show for about the first half of its run and came back for the last season or two."

dc7inlv-3f2c48f9-c2ed-437f-a667-700c4053eff8.jpg

"The worst episode that came out during my first stint here has got to be Arnold Betrays Iggy. I mean, a kid wearing bunny pajamas would seem normal, right? Dan Povenmire, the guy who now does Phineas and Ferb at Disney, directed this episode. Steve Viksten was great as the voice of Oskar. But somewhere along the way, 'Sith' MacFarlane seduced Steve to the dark side and he wound up writing this garbage episode. There's nothing more I can say other than bad things. I still remember the fan letters we got and how furious the kids were about the way Arnold was humiliated in the third act. To this day, even though Iggy was never a major character, I'm still trying to figure out why Arnold would suddenly 'betray' him."

curly-scaring-rhonda-2.png

"Curly's Girl was an episode that aired shortly after I left to work on Steven Universe. This was literally the first time I've seen the episode since my return to Hanna-Barbera...and after it was over I asked myself 'Jesus Christ, what the fuck was Seth thinking?' The whole plot was just a big pile of horseshit, and that's the most PC thing I can say about it. "

"You know how people talk about how each studio I've worked for went downhill after I leave? That was half true for Warner Bros when I left in 1995. But since then, I'm sure they've bounced back just fine. On the other hand, Ruby-Spears hasn't really been relevant since Steven Universe. That, in my opinion is actually pretty depressing. When I came back here, Seth pretty much became the lunatic running the asylum and a few years went by before Michael [Eisner] and Bob [Iger] agreed I was the only adult in the room."

"Other than those episodes, there was Full Moon, Student-Teacher where Olga is a teacher's aide in Helga's class....those ones were made during my first tenure. Principal Simmons was another clunker, but that one came out while I was at Ruby-Spears. And there was another one that also came out when I was still doing Steven Universe...I forget the title, but most of the episode was just Big Bob farting in Helga's face and Miriam raids the liquor cabinet."

"Oh yeah, that one episode where Grandpa Phil gives Grandma Gertie a smack on the caboose? Seth wrote that too."​

It's clear at this point that Seth really doesn't fit in anywhere that isn't Adult Animation. All the shit he's pulled lately are crystal clear signs of feeling creatively suppressed. He just isn't cut out for the Y7 game anymore.

Entertainment News for April 2009
Mayor Shirley Franklin proclaims April 16th as Daniel Abbott Day.

In 1977, at the age of 19, Mr. Abbott came to our community from his native England as one of twelve animators that formed the Atlanta satellite office of the United Artists/Richard Williams joint venture, or UA/Williams for short. Seven years later, the partnership was dissolved and Abbott sought greener pastures in Hollywood. He worked briefly at Universal Pictures before finding a permanent home at elsewhere. Abbott, now 51, has been with The Walt Disney Company as both an animator and voice actor since 1988. Abbott is married to Steven Universe creator and Hanna-Barbera chief Rachel Stone. Together they have a nine month old son, Eric.
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Paramount chairman George Lucas and Simpsons creator Matt Groening confirm a reboot of the animated sitcom is imminent for Fall '09.
- The Los Angeles Times

20th Century Fox chairman Haim Saban confirms Power Rangers movie for Summer 2013.
- Variety

Maybe the Simpsons reboot can have events pass in "real-time" rather than having a sliding timeline like the original show did. And maybe the characters can be a bit less exaggerated and have actual character development. The situations can still be over-the-top, as it wouldn't quite be The Simpsons without shenanigans, but it'd be interesting to have characters act like people instead of caricatures. Plus it's a lot harder to Flanderize a character if they grow and change with the events more like how normal people do.

I'd have the Power Rangers movie take the MCU approach to the source material. Namely by making the film more realistic without going full angsty with it. It's only rational that the movie is made accessible to new fans and old fans alike. I'd also have Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Banks in their OTL roles, just with more for them to work with.

Maybe the Simpsons reboot can have events pass in "real-time" rather than having a sliding timeline like the original show did. And maybe the characters can be a bit less exaggerated and have actual character development. The situations can still be over-the-top, as it wouldn't quite be The Simpsons without shenanigans, but it'd be interesting to have characters act like people instead of caricatures. Plus it's a lot harder to Flanderize a character if they grow and change with the events more like how normal people do.

I'd have the Power Rangers movie take the MCU approach to the source material. Namely by making the film more realistic without going full angsty with it. It's only rational that the movie is made accessible to new fans and old fans alike. I'd also have Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Banks in their OTL roles, just with more for them to work with.

Maybe it would help to have Seth put on the show to find his bearings. Even he couldn't screw up a project as simple as The Simpsons.

@Igeo654

84752941.jpg

GEORGE LUCAS
(Chairman of the Board; Paramount Pictures)
"Why would you want to put your legacy on the line to work with Seth MacFarlane?

Matt_Groening_1.jpg

MATT GROENING
(Creator of The Simpsons)
"Simply because I think he has plenty of ideas to bring to the table."​

Maybe it would help to have Seth put on the show to find his bearings. Even he couldn't screw up a project as simple as The Simpsons.
@Igeo654

84752941.jpg

GEORGE LUCAS
"Why would you want to put your legacy on the line to work with Seth MacFarlane?

Matt_Groening_1.jpg

MATT GROENING
(Creator of The Simpsons)
"Simply because I think he has plenty of ideas to bring to the table."​

There's also the fact that with Groening naturally in charge Seth would be on a much tighter leash. He's also going to be on thin ice. He can't be too extreme or it's his neck on the chopping block. From all indications, Family Guy was better before fan outrage basically made it uncancellable.

Mayor Shirley Franklin proclaims April 16th as Daniel Abbott Day.

In 1977, at the age of 19, Mr. Abbott came to our community from his native England as one of twelve animators that formed the Atlanta satellite office of the United Artists/Richard Williams joint venture, or UA/Williams for short. Seven years later, the partnership was dissolved and Abbott sought greener pastures in Hollywood. He worked briefly at Universal Pictures before finding a permanent home at elsewhere. Abbott, now 51, has been with The Walt Disney Company as both an animator and voice actor since 1988. Abbott is married to Steven Universe creator and Hanna-Barbera chief Rachel Stone. Together they have a nine month old son, Eric.
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Paramount chairman George Lucas and Simpsons creator Matt Groening confirm a reboot of the animated sitcom is imminent for Fall '09.
- The Los Angeles Times

20th Century Fox chairman Haim Saban confirms Power Rangers movie for Summer 2013.
- Variety

Maybe instead of a simpson reboot it is a simpson next genration. I like the idea of lisa as recntly divoired signle mother and bart moves in with claiming that he want to help with the kids but in truth he want to freeload off her. However Bart does delvople a close bond with newphe and or neices

@Igeo654

Craig-Bartlett-Creator-Of-Hey-Arnold-With-Arnold-Shortman-Puppet-Animator-Draws-Football-Head-Sketch-Top-Toon-Talent-Ooze-News-Nickelodeon-Magazine-Nick-Mag-December-1996_2.png

CRAIG BARTLETT
(Creator of Hey Arnold!; Brother in law of Matt Groening):
"Matt, you have got to be kidding me! Have you forgotten what Seth did to my show?"

Matt+Groening+Comic+Con+2009+Day+3+0flzNvFLh1tl.jpg

MATT GROENING:
"Don't worry. We'll have him on a much tighter leash!"​

Entertainment News for Early May 2009
Lisa-Guerrero-626x332.png

LISA GUERRERO
(Anchor/Reporter for Inside Edition):
"George, you and Matt Groening announced that Seth MacFarlane would join the writing team for the upcoming Simpsons reboot. But there are some fans who are concerned with how Seth will handle the source material. Have you guys set any boundaries for him moving forward?"

84752941.jpg

GEORGE LUCAS
"The most obvious boundary we have set is that we were not going to let him write those cutaway gags because at the end of the day, they only serve as a crutch whenever a plot would otherwise fall flat. Another boundary we've set was for him to scale back some of the sexual innuendos and gross out humor. When Matt first told me he was interested in bringing Seth aboard, I have to admit I was shell shocked. Right away, I became concerned about his track record. There were a lot of episodes he wrote for Hey Arnold! and Hannah Montana over at Hanna-Barbera that pretty much compromised the vision that the respective creators had for those shows."

Matt+Groening+Comic+Con+2009+Day+3+0flzNvFLh1tl.jpg

MATT GROENING
(Creator of The Simpsons):
"George was also worried that Seth was going down the same path as Kricfalusi. So we put in a stipulation in his contract which mandates that he undergo counseling to keep from bouncing off the walls in the writer's room."

brooks_2010_a_p.jpg

JAMES L. BROOKS
(Co-Producer of The Simpsons)
"And as we get at least 90% of the band back together, Seth is going to have to really prove to us that he can write a cohesive story and work within the parameters that George, Matt and myself have put in place for the Simpsons' return to television. We learned a lot from studying what Bob Camp did differently to bring Ren and Stimpy back to Nickelodeon a few years ago . For our show, we hope to use some of the same lessons to keep Seth from going astray as he frequently did at Hanna-Barbera."​

I hope to see Seth get a chance to shine when he's not allowed to stoop to lazy shock comedy.

Will the Simpsons reboot use the original cast or different actors? Because I can see some of the actors moving on to other projects by now.

I hope to see Seth get a chance to shine when he's not allowed to stoop to lazy shock comedy.

Will the Simpsons reboot use the original cast or different actors? Because I can see some of the actors moving on to other projects by now.

I'm sure there's a way Dan Castellaneta and Julie Kavner to come back.

Seth's no John K. He'll be thankful for all these restrictions when he finally gets out of counseling. I've never liked Family Guy, but it's perfectly clear that without it ITTL, Seth hasn't been able to get all of his worst ideas out of his system, which is why he's ended up spreading them through all those Y7 toons. At least now George and Matt can finally ''Mr. Toad'' him back to Earth, if you get my drift.

Seth's no John K. He'll be thankful for all these restrictions when he finally gets out of counseling. I've never liked Family Guy, but it's perfectly clear that without it ITTL, Seth hasn't been able to get all of his worst ideas out of his system, which is why he's ended up spreading them through all those Y7 toons. At least now George and Matt can finally ''Mr. Toad'' him back to Earth, if you get my drift.

So if Seth MacFarlane is Mr. Toad, then this is his tenure at Hanna-Barbera in a nutshell: