American Magic: The Sequel (2005-present)

SAFER:
"That was Ren and Stimpy, right?"

WALT:
"Yes...that was it. The title escaped me somehow. Anyways...Donald introduced me to some of his staff members. One of whom was a fella dressed in these cat-ear glasses...and a very flashy bowling shirt. He introduced himself as John...uh...Chrysanthemum...or something like that..."

SAFER:
"You mean Kricfalusi?"

WALT:
"You're right...'Kricfalusi'...I apologize. Now, John right off the bat did not make a good impression. In fact, I thought he was incredibly rude and disrespectful to me while the other fellas from Trump's staff were much more courteous. John was the one who claimed to have created the characters. Later on, another staff member, Bob Camp, told me privately that he felt he deserved more credit."

SAFER:
"On your staff, you have several folks that worked with John at other places, right?"

WALT:
"Yes, that's true. Daniel Abbott, who was with me on the night of the encounter with Trump, came to us from Universal in '88. Daniel told me he worked with John a bit before that on a picture about...I think it was the one with the girl who sings a rock n' roll band or something. Daniel also said that John did not stay on that picture in question for too long. Apparently, John left abruptly after a big fight broke out over the appropriateness of a scene, I was later told, was supposed to show the girl scantily clad but wound up on the cutting room floor."

SAFER:
"Getting back to the incident with Trump and the gang, did he get the chance to actually show you their work?"

WALT:
"Yes. From the very get-go I wanted to give this little project a chance, yet I couldn't help but cringe. Firstly, one the characters I was later told was supposed to be a dog, but he looked more like one of those hairless mole rats. Secondly, I must admit that the segment with the cat building a helmet to cheer up his pal had me rethinking all the scary scenes from my own films..."

invention-2.jpg

Clip from THE REN AND STIMPY SHOW; Courtesy of USA Network Group and Trump Manhattan Television.

"...the second segment was the turning point, but in a negative way unfortunately. In that segment, the dog kept refusing to brush his teeth until they all fell out. Once he started plucking out his nerve endings towards the end of the piece, I finally had enough. I had to tell Donald to turn the damn thing off about five times. Because of his child-like demeanor, it took the fifth time, and for me to raise my voice, for Donald to listen. Perhaps I must've overreacted because some of Trump's boys were reduced to tears...except for John."

1553431348226.png

The exact moment from Ren's Toothache that pushed Walt over the edge.

SAFER:
"Would Ren and Stimpy be something you'd show to a six or seven year old?"

WALT:
"If Diane and Sharon were still that age, I would've said no, but they are now adults. If that show had launched decades earlier, I would've come out against it much more staunchly. Nowadays, I recognize that the onus should be more on grownups to monitor what their children watch."​

I have many thoughts about this segment in particular...

1: With all due respect, this whole tidbit gives me the primal urge to SNAP JOHN K'S NECK IN HALF FOR MAKING WALT WITNESS THIS SERIES! And I actually like the show sometimes!
2: If Walt found Stimpy's Invention too scary for kids, and Ren's Toothache very disgusting, then I would actually have liked to hear his opinion on the time Ren dressed up as Mickey Mouse for a Tom and Jerry-esque episode. Or, at least, what Hanna and Barbera had to say about it.
3: Let us all be glad that Kricfalusi has been dead and especially hated for years before this lost interview premiered, because I'm pretty sure that he would have been lynched once again by animation fans across the world if he was miraculously still alive.

Also, I'm happy that I get to know in full detail about the Oswald movie. Or at least, a good recap of the story of its development.

Question, it being an earlier period, and being run by an entirely different person, what changes were made to the show plot wise? Is garnet still a fusion, for example.

@TheFaultsofAlts

ThadProfile-157x300.png

THAD KOMOROWSKI
(Excerpts from his book Sick Little Monkeys; Published in 2013)

"Much of what was made public about Walt Disney's awareness of the existence of Ren and Stimpy came as a shock to many people...at first. Of course, none of us really realized it until Daniel Abbott spilled the beans on a special edition of Larry King Live that aired in 1999. To this day, I still cannot wrap my head around as to what possessed John to think Walt would ever admit to liking Ren and Stimpy. Nickelodeon did run a now infamous promo campaign for the show's first season, in which animation pioneers of the past gave the show some cushy compliments. But then again, someone at Nick actually thought they were gonna feature Walt on that same campaign. I bet that same person is probably flipping burgers now.

Remember those stories of Walt raising his eyebrow when one of his animators screwed up? I honestly wish I was there to see Walt give the John the iconic death-stare. Bob Camp must've been pissing down his leg with laughter, yet there were unsubstantiated reports of Chris Savino, Vincent Waller and Eddie Fitzgerald being reduced to tears.
kvdXg.jpg

To this day, I question CBS's judgement in burying that interview Walt gave to Morley Safer at 60 Minutes for 12 years. Now, lest we forget that Ren and Stimpy was one of the hottest shows at that time and John was hailed with near unanimity as a genius in the field. Maybe someone at CBS probably thought Walt came off as a curmudgeon, but put yourself in his shoes. Let's say you're living in 1928 and you create this one character that becomes the international symbol of innocence. Let's say you follow that up with feature films, TV shows and theme parks. Then all of a sudden, this young dipshit comes along and makes a goddamn joke out of a medium you've spent your entire life innovating.

I sometimes wonder how [Blair's] life would've turned out had that interview aired much sooner."​

I like the idea of Kim jong Nam succed his father rather then Kim Jong Um. Nam would be more interested hoping up north korea to internaital trade and the media.
It is unlikely - in this case, North Korea will cease to exist. Even local capitalists (and yes - privatization there began a long time ago), they say that “reforms without openness” are needed.

It is unlikely - in this case, North Korea will cease to exist. Even local capitalists (and yes - privatization there began a long time ago), they say that “reforms without openness” are needed.

I am not talking about Korean Reunification. I am talking about Nam becoming leader of north Korea and opening up north Korea to western investment.

camp_bob.jpg

BOB CAMP

"Now that the lost interview aired, I'm left scratching my head. At the same time, it left me to ponder how things would've turned out had CBS aired it much sooner."​

camp_bob.jpg

BOB CAMP

"Now that the lost interview aired, I'm left scratching my head. At the same time, it left me to ponder how things would've turned out had CBS aired it much sooner."​

Probably a timeline about what would have if the interview aired would have been what oldnavy's american magic couterpart would be wrting.

With no Iraq war happing Saddam Hussein will remain in power longer. The bath party will porbbly be overthrown or at least find it self figting a cival war as part of the the arba spring. Do You think that Saddam will be alive see she the arba spring or would he have died or old age before then

What Next Old Navy. Are you going with my suggest about having mcacain backing a coup to take out the dicatior or Equatorial Guriane

We need to decide were diseny fith park park would go. I think some where in south korea would be a good idea. Seoul has 3 big so It may be better to build is Busan , daegu , or Jeju Island. The good think about jeju is that it a tourist mecca. the bad thing is that it caters mostly to korean japanes and chianesse. However Disney world jeju may put jeju on the map for americans

Does any body like the idea of Avenue Q being turned into a movie. I hear the producer of Avenue Q acuetly want thier fictonized verison of Gary Colmen to be played by the real Gary Coleman but he ingored thier inviaiton to come to a metting to disscue deal. Maybe in american magic he went to meeting and took the role. Or maybe he palys him self in the flimed verison

Does any body like the idea of Avenue Q being turned into a movie. I hear the producer of Avenue Q acuetly want thier fictonized verison of Gary Colmen to be played by the real Gary Coleman but he ingored thier inviaiton to come to a metting to disscue deal. Maybe in american magic he went to meeting and took the role. Or maybe he palys him self in the flimed verison

Personally, I'd let New Line Cinema, or whomever owns Jim Henson Productions as of 2005, handle the movie. I mean, we all know what Jim and his family are capable of when left to their extensive knowledge of puppets.

Does any body think a second toy movie could be made in American magic. I doubt the otl toy story plotline could work but how the rejected toy story 3 plotline of toys disparing form Andy's grandmother attic and Buzz and Woody trying to solve the mysytre of is happening to the toys. I feel it could work because woody reforms at the of the ttl version of toy story. Since woody was a family heirloom, i bet woody would have know most of the attic toys back form his days when he belong to Andy father. There is also the other rejted Toy story 3 plot line of buzz begin recalled to tiawan and woody and the other toys lauch a resuce misson. I feel that recall plotline would work best after the toys in the attic timeline

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

1. Was there a sweepstakes or giveaway attributed to the grand opening of World of Color?

Pretty much the same as OTL.

2. Did Disney hold The Happiest Homecoming on Earth for Disneyland’s 50th anniversary?

3. How did Alien Encounter: Predators vs. Xenomorphs compare to the original attraction?

Instead of having all the guests sit in that circle, it's more of a Haunted Mansion type E-Ticket.

4. What rides and attractions were at the Neighborhood of Make-Believe on opening day?

A "tram tour" type adventure on the Neighborhood Trolley. The Trolley's leitmotif, originally written by Johnny Costa, is re-created by Alan Menken for the attraction.

5. Why was LeAnn Rimes unable to perform “Remember When” during the opening ceremony?

Recording another album I guess.

6. Were other films represented at the Hemdale Backlot at Cinemagic Adventure, and if so, how?

Besides Terminator and RoboCop, there's UHF.

7. Where, and when, do the DeLoreans travel to in the revamped Back to the Future: The Ride?

Mainly the Hill Valley area from 1885, 1955, 1985 and 2015. The order is now randomized to give you a different experience everytime you go on the ride.

8. Are there any ideas regarding how Riverfront Square is going to operate in the years to come?

Riverfront Square will close temporarily and will be rebuilt in time for 2008 or '09.

9. Is there a list of memorable moments from the special that aired on Disney Channel and NBC?

Not too many highlights, but one low-light would be Kelsey Grammer falling off the stage at Cinemagic.

10. Speaking of which, why did Disney invite Rachel Stone to the special in question?'

The special was filmed, then aired right after she married Daniel Abbott. Also, she's pretty much a freelancer now and is able to accept offers from multiple studios at any given time.

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

4. What rides and attractions were at the Neighborhood of Make-Believe on opening day?

A "tram tour" type adventure on the Neighborhood Trolley. The Trolley's leitmotif, originally written by Johnny Costa, is re-created by Alan Menken for the attraction.

en time.

So it is a copy of OTL Ildewild Daniel tiger/ Mr Rogers neighbor hood ride https://www.idlewild.com/things-to-do/attractions. What would ildwild do for mascot with out Mr Rogers.