Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll most likely be animated.

Who's doing it again? And do you have any ideas for voice actors? I'd keep Connery out so we could possibly use him for a future film*.

*My idea is a send-up of the James Bond franchise where the codename theory is true and Connery effectively plays his version of Bond after he went rogue. It's kind of like a version of Skyfall with the tone of the campier classic Bond films.

Who's doing it again? And do you have any ideas for voice actors? I'd keep Connery out so we could possibly use him for a future film*.

*My idea is a send-up of the James Bond franchise where the codename theory is true and Connery effectively plays his version of Bond after he went rogue. It's kind of like a version of Skyfall with the tone of the campier classic Bond films.

It'll very likely be Hanna-Barbera/Fuzzy Door.

Connery is likely out.

It'll very likely be Hanna-Barbera/Fuzzy Door.

Connery is likely out.

So regardless of Moore's involvement, it's going to Lighter and Softer than the original comic. You can't show the Invisible Man assaulting a woman and you can't show Mister Hyde attacking and eating the Invisible Man.

I'd say that David Hemblen, the voice actor for Magneto in the 90's X-Men series, could work for Quartermain. David Warner would work for M/Moriarty. We need voice actors for Mina, Skinner*, and Jekyll and Hyde. No room for Sawyer here.

*Having him be a separate character from the original Invisible Man was one of the better ideas the OTL movie ever had.

Remember the stop-motion Burton Haunted Mansion movie? I think the reason why our little boy protagonist was attracted to the Mansion was that he moved to an unfamiliar neighborhood after the tragic death of his mother. It also allows him to have a tearful reunion with his mom's ghost later in the film.

Last edited:
Yup. A happy go lucky, free wheeling LXG.

David Hemblen as Quatermain

Mina: Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, Susanne Blakeslee, Jennifer Hale, Irene Bedard

Skinner: Ewan McGregor, Kevin Conroy, Corey Burton, Carlos Alazraqui, Alan Oppenheimer, Peter Cullen

Jekyll/Hyde: Hank Azaria, Robert Englund, Mark Hamill, Corey Burton, Eric Bauza

BTW, who should voice the boy in the Haunted Mansion movie?

Yup. A happy go lucky, free wheeling LXG.

David Hemblen as Quatermain

Mina: Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, Susanne Blakeslee, Jennifer Hale, Irene Bedard

Skinner: Ewan McGregor, Kevin Conroy, Corey Burton, Carlos Alazraqui, Alan Oppenheimer, Peter Cullen

Jekyll/Hyde: Hank Azaria, Robert Englund, Mark Hamill, Corey Burton, Eric Bauza

BTW, who should voice the boy in the Haunted Mansion movie?

Being Lighter and Softer than a comic series where, as I said before, a character is murdered and cannibalized, doesn't mean that it's going to be able to shown alongside Blues Clues.

Jennifer Hale as Mina, Corey Burton as Skinner, Hamill as Jekyll/Hyde.

I think Haley Joel Osmont would be a good choice.

Being Lighter and Softer than a comic series where, as I said before, a character is murdered and cannibalized, doesn't mean that it's going to be able to shown alongside Blues Clues.

Jennifer Hale as Mina, Corey Burton as Skinner, Hamill as Jekyll/Hyde.

I think Haley Joel Osmont would be a good choice.

My mistake.

Good ideas.

Yeah, he'll be great. Time to bring in a substitute for Secondhand Lions.

If that happens, SNL or one of the other sketch comedy shows will do a skit about someone selling their soul to Satan for acting success with Satan saying, "Of course, if you get caught up in a sex scandal, your punishment will be seven years of servitude at one of my mortal places of business. Probably Taco Bell, they're always hiring."

If that happens, SNL or one of the other sketch comedy shows will do a skit about someone selling their soul to Satan for acting success with Satan saying, "Of course, if you get caught up in a sex scandal, your punishment will be seven years of servitude at one of my mortal places of business. Probably Taco Bell, they're always hiring."

Hopefully I can keep Chris Savino on the straight and narrow ITTL. I'm sure IOTL, he's crawling back to Detroit as a cashier at Little Caesar's. :closedeyesmile:

what the next meaty update

LXG and the Ren and Stimpy revival.

LXG and the Ren and Stimpy revival.
  1. If the LXG movie does well enough it could lead to other LXG media. Like an LXG animated TV series and LXG video games. The sky's the limit.
  2. How edgy is the new Ren and Stimpy? You can't turn it into a completely squeaky clean kid's cartoon without totally destroying what the show was. I'd think a mostly family-friendly tone with occasional adult humor, like Animaniacs, would work well for this version of the show. And it's not like John K is around to complain about it.

1. If the LXG movie does well enough it could lead to other LXG media. Like an LXG animated TV series and LXG video games. The sky's the limit.
  2. How edgy is the new Ren and Stimpy? You can't turn it into a completely squeaky clean kid's cartoon without totally destroying what the show was. I'd think a mostly family-friendly tone with occasional adult humor, like Animaniacs, would work well for this version of the show. And it's not like John K is around to complain about it.

Yeah ABC and Hanna Barbera each have a lot of high hopes for LXG.

The tone for the new R&S will likely be similar to that of the Games Animation episodes from OTL.

There could always be an snl skit of Jhon K being forced to watch the new Ren and Stimpy in hell and compelling about.

Status
Not open for further replies.