American Magic: A Different History of Disney

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by OldNavy1988, Aug 30, 2016.

1. HonestAbe1809 Abraham Lincoln 2020

Who do you have cast as the good Doctor? And hopefully, Pirates of the Carribean can get a solid trilogy ITTL. Other than the Haunted Mansion, what other theme park rides could become films? A better take on the OTL Tomorrowland film could work. The kicker? Tomorrowland in this rendition would resemble Walt's beloved Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, fully-realized and then cranked up to 11.

And maybe he'd also be a parody of sleazy televangelists since he's a Reverend of some kind of church. Maybe he'd waver between being a televangelist, pervy Catholic Priest, and a leader of a Jonestown-style cult depending on what the situation requires. Or maybe he's a televangelist who happens to have a Jonestown-style "religious retreat" in the jungles of South America. This version of Ren and Stimpy would get away with a bit because at least some of the jokes would be in the subtext. Closer to Animaniacs-style humor than old Ren and Stimpy-style humor.

That works.

No problem. You still answered.

OldNavy1988 likes this.
  2. QTXAdsy That Fifer

Funnily enough I did mention an idea of an animated version of Jules Verne's From the Earth To The Moon to @OldNavy1988 which would've used several elements of EuroDisney's Space Mountain (providing if the attraction is the same as OTL) such as the cannon design and that since the ride was based itself on the book. Suppose the benefit of a film like this would be that we'd butterfly the Mission 2 and Hyperspace overlays the ride gets saddled with later on and we would still have the wonderful theme of the Verne version and this wonderful soundtrack on it too! :)

Also, I've noticed that there is also a number of animated villains based on John K that have appeared from nearly everywhere, I can imagine ITTL there would be a few Top 10 lists of animated villains based on John K here. :p

OldNavy1988 likes this.
  3. Roger Redux The Revisionist

The Mother of all ASBs (a.k.a. "The Real World")
    If I'm not mistaken OldNavy said he'd cast Keaneu Reeves as Dr. Strange.

HonestAbe1809 likes this.
  4. HonestAbe1809 Abraham Lincoln 2020

Hopefully he’d be closer to his Constantine performance than anything else in between Bill and Ted and John Wick.

OldNavy1988 likes this.
  5. Goldwind2 Well-Known Member

I still prefer the idea of there civilians. I was trying to go for a inspector gadget meet justices league vibe .In season two the incompetent heroes are joined by new competent member who is considered less marketable and treated like dirt by the cooperate sponoar. He knows and apperite the heroics of the john q citizens but he bound by a contract that forbies him form going to the media with facts that corporate dosn't like under pain of improisment. Also i did a little diging and recoside that the one of the three city was a guy with knack for fixing things and has of repairing gadgets this overly rich batman parody who has no seanse of money is throwing away. The batamna parrody could be the son of the incompent hero teams corparte soponsor

OldNavy1988 likes this.
  6. TheFaultsofAlts Well-Known Member

Considering all it has going for it, I'm going to wager 10 bucks this succeeds enough to get five seasons or more. On the other hand, this is the same TTL Disney that owns Chuck E. Cheese, who was indirectly responsible for the Club Disney buildings in the mid-to-late OTL 1990's. So, take my bet with a grain of salt.

OldNavy1988 likes this.
  7. Goldwind2 Well-Known Member

Whats the next meaty update

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  8. Goldwind2 Well-Known Member

Who is going to release hoodwinked . I doubt Harvey winestine would be involved with it like otl.

9. OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

It'll most likely be Revolution.

Doctor Strange.

10. MatthewFirth Well-Known Member

Doctor strange?, should have been done ages ago starring David Bowie IMO?

11. Threadmarks: Late June and Early July 2003 Movies

OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DOCTOR STRANGE
    Released on June 27, 2003 by Walt Disney Pictures
    Based on the comic character created by Steve Ditko with Stan Lee

The storyline is very much the same as the OTL 2016 film, except the beginning with Dr Strange losing the use of his hands is told in a flashback taking place before the events of Avengers 3.

CAST
    Keanu Reeves as Dr Stephen Strange
    Sammo Hung as Wong
    Cameron Diaz as Night Nurse
    Jason Scott Lee as Karl Mordo
    Bruce Campbell as Kaecilius
    James Saito as The Ancient One

The studio initially wanted Chow Yun-Fat for the role of Karl Mordo, but Chow already had a prior commitment to Turner's Bulletproof Monk.

FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY
    [​IMG]
    Released by Paramount Pictures
    A tie-in with the UPN TV series American Idol, it is considered one of the worst films ever made.

2 Fast 2 Furious
    [​IMG]
    Released by Universal Pictures
    A third film has been fast tracked for Summer 2006.

28 DAYS LATER
    [​IMG]
    Released by RKO Radio Pictures

DUMB AND DUMBERER: WHEN HARRY MET LLOYD
    [​IMG]
    Released by New Line Cinema
    The prequel to Dumb and Dumber.

RUGRATS GO WILD
    [​IMG]
    Released by USA Films and Nickelodeon Movies.

LEGALLY BLONDE 2
    [​IMG]
    Released by United Artists

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE
    [​IMG]
    Released by Columbia Pictures

TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES
    [​IMG]
    Released by Hemdale Film Corporation

Up next...
    Pirates of the Caribbean and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
    I don't have a distributor for LXG yet.​

12. WizardEmperor 26 Member

Release LXG through Touchstone

13. OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

That's one vote for Touchstone to release LXG.

Any others before I proceed?

14. TheFaultsofAlts Well-Known Member

Uh, yeah. I have a suggestion: Hanna-Barbera Studios. My reasoning for this? IOTL, the co-founders tried to outsmart Walt Disney in the television business. In what better way to do that than to capitalize on his company's success with Marvel Comics? As a bonus, a couple of OTL Disney cartoons became made by the studio ITTL, such as "Teacher's Pet", for instance. However, I don't know a lick about TTL Touchstone Pictures, so it could be due to that for my preference to HB Productions to tackle this.

15. Goldwind2 Well-Known Member

Does any body like the idea of usa films being bought out by either trimark or lions gate

16. OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

ITTL Touchstone came about when ABC merged its own movie division with the former AVCO Embassy studio.

So basically, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as an animated series?

17. HonestAbe1809 Abraham Lincoln 2020

That'd likely be the best choice for an adaptation of the comic series. Maybe they could try to get Alan Moore to write, or have some role in the series, to avoid pissing him off. Because if he's pissed off with the adaptation that he helped create then he has nobody but himself to blame.

Roger Redux likes this.
  18. OldNavy1988 Well-Known Member

@HonestAbe1809

Yeah and since Alan Moore is never happy with any adaptations of this work, I'm sure he'd feel much more relaxed flipping burgers.

19. Blockhead The Number One Guy

You know when we get to somewhere in the 2010’s

Is it possible that Undertale could happen but as a Disney movie? Or it will still be a video game?

Just wondering

20. TheFaultsofAlts Well-Known Member

That honestly depends on the billion dollar question: Does ABC own both Touchstone and Hanna-Barbera ITTL? If so, and because it has been a short while since I asked this, but are there any other properties & companies up for grabs recently?