Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot could be used for attractions in Adventureland and/or Frontierland. Maybe you could have the Western River Expeidition that was supposed to built in Orlando OTL built in Anaheim instead.

Would it be big enough for Big Thunder Mountain, or could that particular ride still fit on its OTL site?

Would it be big enough for Big Thunder Mountain, or could that particular ride still fit on its OTL site?
You wouldn't necessarily have to have the two rides share a building. Big Thunder Mountain could be built in its OTL location, while the Wester River Expedition could be tweaked to be more like OTL's Splash Mountain and built where New Orleans Square is OTL.

You wouldn't necessarily have to have the two rides share a building. Big Thunder Mountain could be built in its OTL location, while the Wester River Expedition could be tweaked to be more like OTL's Splash Mountain and built where New Orleans Square is OTL.

Good idea. I'll see what I can do for the next update.

BTW @Pokemon Master

What other expansions/renovations/re-themes would you personally like to see at the parks (Anaheim, St Louis, Orlando) in the next update?

By this point, would it be ASB to license either the DC or Marvel characters for possible attractions?

By this point, would it be ASB to license either the DC or Marvel characters for possible attractions?
What year is it currently ITTL? Still '72-73? If it is than I'd say definatly for Marvel, they were in pretty bad shape before they got the license for the Star Wars comics in '77 IOTL. They wouldn't have refused the money, but their characters weren't popular enough for it to be worth it yet, with the possible exception of The Incredible Hulk, thanks largely to the Lou Ferrigno show (which may not be on air yet).
DC is more unclear; if they licence Batman, the people will be expecting Adam West style "Batman", if they license Superman there might still be enough people expecting George Reeve style Superman.

Unless you have Disney actually buy one (or even BOTH) comic publishers with the intent of reviving them and using their characters, which come to think of it could be awesome!

What year is it currently ITTL? Still '72-73? If it is than I'd say definitely for Marvel, they were in pretty bad shape before they got the license for the Star Wars comics in '77 IOTL. They wouldn't have refused the money, but their characters weren't popular enough for it to be worth it yet, with the possible exception of The Incredible Hulk, thanks largely to the Lou Ferrigno show (which may not be on air yet).
DC is more unclear; if they licence Batman, the people will be expecting Adam West style "Batman", if they license Superman there might still be enough people expecting George Reeve style Superman.

Unless you have Disney actually buy one (or even BOTH) comic publishers with the intent of reviving them and using their characters, which come to think of it could be awesome!

At this point it will be December of 1972, so what would you say Stan Lee, Steve Ditko and company should do to convince Walt to do Marvel rides?

In the animation department, look for the Snow Queen in 1975 and Rapunzel in 1976.

As for 1977, I'm saving that year for something special.

At this point it will be December of 1972, so what would you say Stan Lee, Steve Ditko and company should do to convince Walt to do Marvel rides?
That could work, especially if part of the deal is for Disney to produce an animated Spider-Man TV series or movie that the rides could tie into.
If you're still looking for something to give Don Bluth to do at Disney, you could put him charge of TV animation department.

That could work, especially if part of the deal is for Disney to produce an animated Spider-Man TV series or movie that the rides could tie into.
If you're still looking for something to give Don Bluth to do at Disney, you could put him charge of TV animation department.

TV would be good, but I was thinking of finding a way to have Bluth succeed Woolie Reitherman as head of feature animation and have a timetable to instead appoint Margaret Loesch and Lee Gunther to head TV animation without treading on ASB territory.

Plus, I'm still trying to arrange a meeting with Walt and Jim Henson no later than '76.

Animation Staff mid 70s
CURRENT ANIMATION STAFF AS OF 1972-73

Executive Producers: Walt Disney, Roy E. Disney, Ron Miller

Director: Wolfgang Reitherman*

Story: Ken Anderson, Ted Berman, Larry Clemmons, Vance Gerry, Burny Mattinson, Floyd Norman, Julius Svendsen, Ralph Wright

Animators:
Dale Baer (newly hired)
Don Bluth
Jack Buckley
Les Clark*
Ron Clements (newly hired)
Eric Cleworth
Andy Gaskill (newly hired)
Gary Goldman (newly hired)
Fred Hellmich
Ollie Johnston*
Milt Kahl*
Hal King
Eric Larson*
John Lounsbery*
Dick Lucas
Dan MacManus
Dave Michener
Cliff Nordberg
John Pomeroy (newly hired)
Dick Sebast (newly hired)
Walt Stanchfield
Art Stevens
Frank Thomas*
*member of the "Nine Old Men"

Layout:
Basil Davidovich
Don Griffith
Joe Hale
Sylvia Roemer

Backgrounds:
Dale Barnhart
Al Dempster
Ann Guenther
Ralph Hulett
Bill Layne

Music: George Bruns, Walter Sheets, Buddy Baker
Songwriters: Robert B Sherman, Richard M Sherman

Last edited:
Marvel, yes.

DC, however, is owned by Warner Communications by this point, which, of course, owns Warner Bros. Studio. So, there's a bit of a conflict of interest for them there.

Marvel, yes.

DC, however, is owned by Warner Communications by this point, which, of course, owns Warner Bros. Studio. So, there's a bit of a conflict of interest for them there.
Right! I forgot that DC had been bought by Warner that early! I guess that's one danger of spending so much time writing alternate histories: you start to forget exactly when things actually happened.

Any chance of Nikola Tesla getting the recognition he deserves early, and having it named 'Tesla Square' instead?

Would you prefer "Tesla Terrace"?

Also, regarding DC, that was acquired in 1967 by Kinney National, who became Warner Communications five years later. So yeah, Disney will be left to acquire Marvel. Hopefully I can find a way for Jack Kirby, Bill Everett and others to get their much deserved recognition at the same time as Siegel and Shuster's lawsuit with WB.

Would you prefer "Tesla Terrace"?
Well ,I do like the alliteration. ^_^
The more I think of it the more I like it!

Also regarding comics:
It's always a good thing when the actual writers and creators get the credit they deserve.
And yeah, I didn't remember that DC was (basically) owned by WB since '67 until I looked it back up; in my TLs (all of which are in various levels of development hell at the moment) DC gets bought by Paramount in 1955, and for some reason I thought they didn't get bought until the early-mid '70s IOTL. I was probably thinking of the Time-Warner merger.

So with Marvel looking like it'll fall into Walt's hands, would it be ASB if somehow Universal Studios could license DC and WB characters for their parks?

"Tesla Square/Terrace" sounds like it'd be well suited to an electropunk-themed land. Maybe with tesla coil street lamps. LordVeternari's Yankee Doctor had a land themed after Jules Verne's steampunk sci-fi. Something similar could work here.

Right! I forgot that DC had been bought by Warner that early! I guess that's one danger of spending so much time writing alternate histories: you start to forget exactly when things actually happened.

You can always send Biff Tanen back in time to fix things for you in the ASB forum ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.