Status
Not open for further replies.
I got another suggestion for the fate of Apple.They got bought Donald Trump. Part of me like the idea of him driving it into the ground. He hasn't had a big failure since the MGM debacle (although Trump animation seams to on the verge of a dark age). Perhaps trump would order the creation of a disastrous apple gaming console. Trump seams to have an interest in video games. He almost released the MGM Lion (Only for it be released as the Turrner Apex) and he tried to buy out Colecto

The only person that has expressed an interest in Apple at the moment has been Jordan Belfort.

CBS EVENING NEWS
July 17, 1996
West Coast version

hqdefault.jpg

DAN RATHER:
"Good evening. This is our western edition. We begin tonight's newscast with a once beloved cartoon genius on the run from the law. Earlier this afternoon in White Plains, New York, the district attorney for Westchester County confirms that authorities across the county are actively searching for animator John Kricfalusi. The 40 year old veteran of the Trump Manhattan studio, best known as the creator of Ren and Stimpy, was named yesterday as a person of interest in the disappearance of a 15 year old girl from a New Rochelle high school early last month. A warrant was issued for Kricfalusi's arrest on the eve of the premiere of The Ren and Stimpy Movie in Manhattan, but when he failed to turn himself in, that led to the district attorney's news conference earlier today. Stay tuned to CBS News for further details."

Welp, here we go. Childhoods to be slaughtered, ladies and gentlemen. The only way I can think of to lighten the impact of all this involves Danny Antonucci and Steven Hillenburg and their respective networks. When we get to 1999, I'll explain in more detail. In the meantime, watch this space, because from my perspective, a lot of Stimpy dolls are going to burn very soon. :(

What the state of IMB (I hope they don't sell out to China like otl) and the other PC/Windows companies like Compaq, Dell, AST Research, NCR, HP.

Commodore and Atari. Surviving and working in the same decade, the 90s. It's almost inconceivable. Hope it lasts.

It’s not all sunshine. Coleco presumably still goes down the tubes like OTL. And the continued survival of Commodore is helped by Apple being bought and destroyed by a corporate raider. To say nothing of Trump gaining control of MGM and driving it into the ground. There are still winners and losers. It’s just that some of OTL’s winners are losers in TTL and vice-versa. There are bound to be other companies that fall by the wayside by TTL’s present.

It’s not all sunshine. Coleco presumably still goes down the tubes like OTL. And the continued survival of Commodore is helped by Apple being bought and destroyed by a corporate raider. To say nothing of Trump gaining control of MGM and driving it into the ground. There are still winners and losers. It’s just that some of OTL’s winners are losers in TTL and vice-versa. There are bound to be other companies that fall by the wayside by TTL’s present.

True, but at least in TTL we still have RKO and Jim Henson owned muppets. Not to mention the reduced or eliminated scandals and of course, the potential for commercial failures to turn into pop culture or commerce giants. ^^ True, it ain't perfect, but like I said. As long as George Takei never gets caught up in a false accusation, Commodore becomes what it should have been IOTL and WCW sees the light, It's worth breaking a few eggs to save a few potential chickens.

What happen to Atlantic Releasing(I assume that it still gets bought by Island Picturs/Records but maybe Island has experiences a different fate) and Artisan Entertainment.Also Lionsgate should be formed next year.

@OldNavy1988

What do you think of my discussion with @Igeo654 about the Inspector Gadget movie, Apple being liquidated, and Commodore snatching up former Apple assets? Not to mention Commodore become the third largest computer company in America and eventually releasing an iPhone equivalent.

@OldNavy1988

What do you think of my discussion with @Igeo654 about the Inspector Gadget movie, Apple being liquidated, and Commodore snatching up former Apple assets? Not to mention Commodore become the third largest computer company in America and eventually releasing an iPhone equivalent.

Sounds like a great conversation so far.

Do you guys think there may be a part for Dougray Scott in the Inspector Gadget project?

Do you guys think there may be a part for Dougray Scott in the Inspector Gadget project?

Is it going to be incorporated into the timeline? Has Commodore survived past its expiration date due to the butterflies of this timeline? And could it take advantage of some unscrupulous corporate raider destroying Apple for profit?

I think that Dougray Scott could play the big dumb MAD Agent Fred Sykes in the Inspector Gadget movie. Maybe he’d be the one Penny manages to convince to pull a Heel-Face Turn. Though we could have the two MAD agents have a comedy duo act and have them both turn over a new leaf. Or we could save it for the sequel and have them jump ship when MAD makes the transition from crime to terrorism.

I doubt Ripping Friends will be Trump Animation's next project due to the John Kricfalusi Sacandal. Trump could either go with Ralph Baliski's Adult Cartoon Spicy City or put some Junior Animator in charge of a revival of a new Terry Toon like Heckle and Jekyll, Gandy Goose, Deputy Dawg or Tom Terrific. Are they any big name animators left at trump besides Balski. Does anybody like the idea Seth McFarland working for Trump animation.

Hmm, good question. Looking at pictures of him from 99, he might actually be better suited for the role of Mayor Wilson than Cheri Oteri. I also thought for a moment about him taking Fillion's place as Gadget, but I think the consensus here, mine included, is Nathan or bust. He could Also be Penny's dad instead of Hugh Jackman as he seems to be both old and young enough for the role. But is that too small a role for someone like him? IDK. What do you think, Abe?

Last edited:
Is it going to be incorporated into the timeline? Has Commodore survived past its expiration date due to the butterflies of this timeline? And could it take advantage of some unscrupulous corporate raider destroying Apple for profit?

I think that Dougray Scott could play the big dumb MAD Agent Fred Sykes in the Inspector Gadget movie. Maybe he’d be the one Penny manages to convince to pull a Heel-Face Turn. Though we could have the two MAD agents have a comedy duo act and have them both turn over a new leaf. Or we could save it for the sequel and have them jump ship when MAD makes the transition from crime to terrorism.

What year would you like the live action Inspector Gadget to be released? I might still have Youngstown headline the soundtrack unless there's someone better you guys would prefer.

Commodore is still kicking.

Jordan Belfort has just wrapped up his $6 Billion USD acquisition of Apple and Steve Wozniak will likely either retire or purchase a percentage of Hemdale.

What year would you like the live action Inspector Gadget to be released? I might still have Youngstown headline the soundtrack unless there's someone better you guys would prefer.

Commodore is still kicking.

Jordan Belfort has just wrapped up his $6 Billion USD acquisition of Apple and Steve Wozniak will likely either retire or purchase a percentage of Hemdale.

Either ‘96 or ‘97. That way Adams could still be healthy enough for a considerable role.

Could they take advantage of the Apple buyout to increase their market share? I had forgotten that they were already boosted by their purchase of Atari’s computer division. Frankly by now they should have pushed Apple down to fourth in the computer market.

Jack in the Box and A&W are for sale.Perhaps Donald Trump should buy one of them. He could a fast food joint to supplement is casual reasteuants.

MSNBC Launches

On July 15, 1996, MSNBC launched in 24,000 households with the goal of reaching a younger, tech savvier viewership. In its early years, MSNBC would serve as a precursor for the intertwining of TV and internet that has become commonplace in the present. The network launched as a joint venture between NBC, (a division of The Walt Disney Company) and Microsoft, hence the initials. Among its first programs was The Site, a half hour program devoted to the promise of the internet making an impact in the coming years.

Just two days after the launch, the John Kricfalusi story broke, forcing the channel to waive its initial concept till the news cycle wore off.

TWA Flight 800 was butterflied in case anyone's wondering.

@Goldwind2 Jack in the Box is owned by PepsiCo ITTL.​

Status
Not open for further replies.