Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Frank Wells still at Disney right now?

Here are the studio leaders as of February 1996...

20th Century Fox: Bonni Lee, John Davis, Joel Silver

ABC: Michael Eisner, Bill Hanna, Joe Barbera, Bob Iger, Michael Ovitz

Columbia Tristar: Peter Guber, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Mario Kassar, Victor Kaufman

Disney: Roy E Disney, Diane Disney Miller, Ron Miller (Hyperion), Frank Wells, Stan Lee (Marvel), Nolan Bushnell (Atari), George Lucas, Don Bluth, Peter Schneider

Geffen: David Geffen, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall

Grand Diamond: Roger Corman, David Kirschner, Noel C Bloom Sr

Hemdale: Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald

New Line Cinema: Bob Shaye, Lawrence Gordon, Toby Emmerich

Paramount: Barry Diller, Amy Pascal, Michael Hirsh, Patrick Loubert, Clive Smith

RKO: Chuck Norris, Terry Semel

Trump Manhattan: Donald J Trump, Ralph Bakshi, John Kricfalusi, Don Simpson, Charles Hirschhorn

Turner: Ted Turner, Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Frank Mancuso Jr

Universal: Lew Wasserman, Sean Daniel, Thom Mount, Bob Camp, Joe Bacal, Tom Griffin

Warner Bros: Sherry Lansing, Stanley Jaffee, Richard Donner, Lauren Shuler Donner, Jeff Franklin, Merv Adelson

Last edited:
Hey, random idea for TTL's Star Wars. Whether we have an animated series or a sequel trilogy to depict the events after Dark Empire, maybe Kylo Ren should take on a Sith name when it seems like he's on the verge of victory, like his father before him? Maybe Darth Caedus, as a reference to Jacen Solo (who was both Kylo Ren/Ben Solo's counterpart in OTL's EU, and technically the last of Darth Bane's line, since Vader's apprentice Lumiya trained him). Just seems fitting to have the series conclude with one last battle with a Darth, especially if Vader possesses or merges with him, letting the series' original villain and its' newest villain share the role of Final Boss.

Last edited:
Hey, random idea for TTL's Star Wars. Whether we have an animated series or a sequel trilogy to depict the events after Dark Empire, maybe Kylo Ren should take on a Sith name when it seems like he's on the verge of victory, like his father before him? Maybe Darth Caedus, as a reference to Jacen Solo (who was both Kylo Ren/Ben Solou's counterpart in OTL's EU, and technically the last of Darth Bane's line, since Vader's apprentice Lumiya trained him). Just seems fitting to have the series conclude with one last battle with a Darth, especially if Vader possesses or merges with him, letting the series' original villain and its' newest villain share the role of Final Boss.

The reveal that the seemingly heroic Admiral Thrawn is actually an irredeemable Sith Lord would be a shocking twist for the animated series or sequel trilogy. Especially if the heroes were confident enough in him to entrust secret information to him. His Thrawn persona is a candidate to become Presiden/Consul of the Stellar Republic. His true plan is to depose House Organa and install himself as the new Galactic Emperor Napoleon-style. The reveal of this plan results in the Republicans who weren't secret Sith/Sith collaborators joining up with the Imperial forces to take on the forces of the now publically Sith forces of Kylo Ren's so-called "New Empire". After defeating the New Empire the Imperials decide to allow the now Sith-free Stellar Republic to stay independent after they politely decline the invitation to return to the Empire. The Stellar leadership has some rather valid points about confidence in the Imperial dynasty being shattered after Constantine's corruption was uncovered and that most people in the Stellar Republic's planets don't trust the monarchy to keep them safe. The series/film trilogy ends with the two states managing to coexist peacefully with each other.

I still want one of the main characters of the animated series/sequel trilogy to be Captain Phasma with Finn's PTSD. It'd be an interesting look into the psyche of the average Republican Army soldier since she's potentially been raised to believe their propaganda regarding the corruption of the Imperial Dynasty. The fact that it was the Sith secretly guiding the Stellar Republic who caused said corruption is understandably not a part of said propaganda.

The reveal that the seemingly heroic Admiral Thrawn is actually an irredeemable Sith Lord would be a shocking twist for the animated series or sequel trilogy. Especially if the heroes were confident enough in him to entrust secret information to him. His Thrawn persona is a candidate to become Presiden/Consul of the Stellar Republic. His true plan is to depose House Organa and install himself as the new Galactic Emperor Napoleon-style. The reveal of this plan results in the Republicans who weren't secret Sith/Sith collaborators joining up with the Imperial forces to take on the forces of the now publically Sith forces of Kylo Ren's so-called "New Empire". After defeating the New Empire the Imperials decide to allow the now Sith-free Stellar Republic to stay independent after they politely decline the invitation to return to the Empire. The Stellar leadership has some rather valid points about confidence in the Imperial dynasty being shattered after Constantine's corruption was uncovered and that most people in the Stellar Republic's planets don't trust the monarchy to keep them safe. The series/film trilogy ends with the two states managing to coexist peacefully with each other.

I still want one of the main characters of the animated series/sequel trilogy to be Captain Phasma with Finn's PTSD. It'd be an interesting look into the psyche of the average Republican Army soldier since she's potentially been raised to believe their propaganda regarding the corruption of the Imperial Dynasty. The fact that it was the Sith secretly guiding the Stellar Republic who caused said corruption is understandably not a part of said propaganda.
That mostly sounds good, but wouldn't the Stellar Republic's argument completely collapse when it was revealed they were founded by a Sith, and not just any Sith, but Kylo Ren/Darth Caedus, the son of the dreaded Darth Vader? "We don't trust your leadership because one of your line was a Sith/was manipulated by the Sith! But our leadership is totally trustworthy, even if not only were we founded by a Sith, but at least half our leadership was Sith or loyal to the Sith, while everyone else was played like a fiddle by said Sith." The reaction of the populace would most likely be to either return to the Empire or split again, with the Stellar Republic being seen as something that might have been amazing but just didn't work out.

Ah, I'm sorry, I don't mean to shoot down your idea, because I really do like it in theory, even if I don't think it could work out. That being said, the Phasma with Finn's PTSD idea is fantastic, that should definitely be included.

That mostly sounds good, but wouldn't the Stellar Republic's argument completely collapse when it was revealed they were founded by a Sith, and not just any Sith, but Kylo Ren/Darth Caedus, the son of the dreaded Darth Vader? "We don't trust your leadership because one of your line was a Sith/was manipulated by the Sith! But our leadership is totally trustworthy, even if not only were we founded by a Sith, but at least half our leadership was Sith or loyal to the Sith, while everyone else was played like a fiddle by said Sith." The reaction of the populace would most likely be to either return to the Empire or split again, with the Stellar Republic being seen as something that might have been amazing but just didn't work out.

Ah, I'm sorry, I don't mean to shoot down your idea, because I really do like it in theory, even if I don't think it could work out. That being said, the Phasma with Finn's PTSD idea is fantastic, that should definitely be included.

Fair enough, though I said that "Thrawn"/Kylo Ren was only a candidate for the leadership position. The Sith in the Stellar Republic are like the Freemasons of America. Namely that while a number of notable government figures are Sith not everyone in the Stellar Republic was one. And not everyone in the Sith conspiracy were actual Dark Side users. The Stellar Republic wasn't "founded by Sith". They were in the process of being groomed into a replacement government by the Sith conspiracy. Originally Kylo Ren was going to ostensibly stick with the Republican government, but all the defeats the heroes inflicted upon him and his conspiracy made him go "f*ck this" and declare himself Emperor.

The aftermath of the war would result in the Empire regaining the fringe worlds whose support for the Republican cause was half-hearted and the Sith-purified remnant of the government of the former Stellar Republic reforming under a new name with the worlds who genuinely lack trust in the Imperial Dynasty.

So, in other words, what you said would happen would happen. I just had to correct your assumption about how much the Sith controlled the Stellar Republic. They're pulling the strings of power behind the scenes but they haven't directly made the leadership puppets. Kylo just wants to be both the seemingly legitimate puppet and the sinister puppet master.

I think that "Phasma" would be an amazing character. A Republican war hero whose dogged with doubts about the righteousness of her orders despite genuinely thinking that the Stellar Republic is going to save the galaxy. I'd have her be voiced by Jennifer Hale. Because I need someone who can be a confident badass as well as a PTSD-afflicted nervous wreck.

@HonestAbe1809
Oh, I see, I misunderstood. Yes, with that context, I can see the reformed Stellar Republic surviving, especially if it takes on a new name to separate itself from its' Sith-influenced past. Ah, how about the United Galactic Federation? That was the name of the interstellar government from Lilo and Stich, and would be a good set up for TTL's version of the movie.

Jennifer Hale would be a great choice. Depending on whether Mass Effect has been butterflied or not, maybe we could have her last name be Shepherd, that way even if Mass Effect has been butterflied, Jennifer Hale could still play a badass named Commander Shepherd. If it hasn't been butterflied, Commander Shepherd could still be the name of the protagonist of that series, but if it has, we might as well use the name, and besides which, Phasma never got a last name in OTL, so might as well give her counterpart a great last name like that, eh?

@HonestAbe1809
Oh, I see, I misunderstood. Yes, with that context, I can see the reformed Stellar Republic surviving, especially if it takes on a new name to separate itself from its' Sith-influenced past. Ah, how about the United Galactic Federation? That was the name of the interstellar government from Lilo and Stich, and would be a good set up for TTL's version of the movie.

Jennifer Hale would be a great choice. Depending on whether Mass Effect has been butterflied or not, maybe we could have her last name be Shepherd, that way even if Mass Effect has been butterflied, Jennifer Hale could still play a badass named Commander Shepherd. If it hasn't been butterflied, Commander Shepherd could still be the name of the protagonist of that series, but if it has, we might as well use the name, and besides which, Phasma never got a last name in OTL, so might as well give her counterpart a great last name like that, eh?

That does sound like a good idea. I'd also go ahead and give the newly de-Sithified government an icon that's effectively a combination of the Federation from Star Trek's and the OTL Republic/Rebel Alliance icon. And the Empire and the Stellar Republic/UGF aren't the only powers in the Galaxy. The Hutts and the Wookies have their own states, among others. The Hutts are a corrupt Merchant Republic. They're like what the Republic of Venice would be like if it were controlled by the Mafia. They're easy to sway onto your side if you can convince them that doing so would be profitable for them. They are also mostly bound by a code of honor that ironically makes them more dependable than the ostensibly honest Sith-influenced government of the Stellar Republic. Jabba would just be a black sheep who doesn't represent them as a whole. The Wookies are one of the Empire's most steadfast allies. And the rest of the various races have their own states of various levels of power and influence. After Boba Fett is chosen as the leader of the Mandalorians they steadily begin to regain their power and influence over the series. Except as an honorable and hard-working part of a galactic community rather than failed conquerors.

My idea regarding the New Empire is that it's a sequel animated series with a movie to serve as the series finale showing the final confrontation with Kylo Ren and the Sith.

Maybe her first name means "shepherd" in her planet's local language? Even the ostensibly English-speaking humans mostly don't use names we would recognize as English. Though I've got the headcanon that "Luke" is actually a nickname and his real name is something like "Lukka" or the like. I'm assuming it's her given name because "Captain Phasma" implies that Phasma is her surname.

That does sound like a good idea. I'd also go ahead and give the newly de-Sithified government an icon that's effectively a combination of the Federation from Star Trek's and the OTL Republic/Rebel Alliance icon. And the Empire and the Stellar Republic/UGF aren't the only powers in the Galaxy. The Hutts and the Wookies have their own states, among others. The Hutts are a corrupt Merchant Republic. They're like what the Republic of Venice would be like if it were controlled by the Mafia. They're easy to sway onto your side if you can convince them that doing so would be profitable for them. They are also mostly bound by a code of honor that ironically makes them more dependable than the ostensibly honest Sith-influenced government of the Stellar Republic. Jabba would just be a black sheep who doesn't represent them as a whole. The Wookies are one of the Empire's most steadfast allies. And the rest of the various races have their own states of various levels of power and influence. After Boba Fett is chosen as the leader of the Mandalorians they steadily begin to regain their power and influence over the series. Except as an honorable and hard-working part of a galactic community rather than failed conquerors.

My idea regarding the New Empire is that it's a sequel animated series with a movie to serve as the series finale showing the final confrontation with Kylo Ren and the Sith.

Maybe her first name means "shepherd" in her planet's local language? Even the ostensibly English-speaking humans mostly don't use names we would recognize as English. Though I've got the headcanon that "Luke" is actually a nickname and his real name is something like "Lukka" or the like. I'm assuming it's her given name because "Captain Phasma" implies that Phasma is her surname.
Sounds about right to me. The Galactic Empire would be the strongest of the states, but not the only one, and it's not as strong as it used to be after decades of civil war and the exit of the Stellar Republic/UGF. The UGF takes up second place military power wise, but the Hutts have them beat economically (the Hutts are an established Merchant Republic that's been around for a while, and the only reason they're not the preeminent economic power is the size and resources the Empire has, and even with that in mind, the Hutts could probably damage the Empire's economy with criminal activities and sabotage if it wanted to). The Wookies and Mandalorians would probably start off as protectorates of the Empire, but grow to independent allies as time goes on.

Perhaps we could have the Hapes Consortium around as well, as a power strong enough to resist the Empire and the Republic (thus staying independent) but not strong enough to be a galactic power itself. There could be an arc where the two sides try to get the Consortium on their side. The Consortium has reasons to side with both (the Stellar Republic is seemingly free from Sith influence, but they're weaker compared to the Empire, and the Empire has strength and is led by the ones who defeated Vader, who nearly conquered the Consortium, but was also controlled by Vader and Constantine, two Sith). Their attitude towards Vader might also work to hint at Thrawn's true identity, with them considering a terrible villain and Luke and his band as heroes for defeating him, much to Thrawn/Kylo Ren's fury. He manages to hide most of it, and what little slips out can be attributed to his irritation at the Empire having an actual hold in the discussions, but it's a good hint at who he really is.

Sounds good to me. Besides, I was always a fan of the concept of cartoon series having a movie as their finale, to make it a truly Grand Finale. Movie might have Kylo Ren/Darth Caedus temporarily emerging victorious with some sort of new super weapon, with the final battle having heroes from both sides confronting him, with Caedus calling on his father to help him. Caedus and the dark soul of Vader merge into the ultimate Lord of Darkness, and it's only thanks to the efforts of all the heroes in the series working together to finally cast down the two Dark Lords once and for all.

The Star Wars-verse is a bit weird about Earth names. You have Han and Qui-Gon, Luke and Obi-Wan, Leia and Padme, Alex (Darth Malek) and Revan. The Sequel Trilogy has had a lot more 'normal' names (Finn, Poe, Rose), but also names like Hux, Rey, and...what was the Resistance Admiral's name? Holden? Point is, it seems the humans of the Star Wars-verse can go from Earth names to sci-fi names at the drop of a hat. So, all that being said, her name meaning Shepherd instead of just being Shepherd is fine by me. And yeah, I guess Phasma could be her last name, it just always seemed like a first name to me.

Sounds about right to me. The Galactic Empire would be the strongest of the states, but not the only one, and it's not as strong as it used to be after decades of civil war and the exit of the Stellar Republic/UGF. The UGF takes up second place military power wise, but the Hutts have them beat economically (the Hutts are an established Merchant Republic that's been around for a while, and the only reason they're not the preeminent economic power is the size and resources the Empire has, and even with that in mind, the Hutts could probably damage the Empire's economy with criminal activities and sabotage if it wanted to). The Wookies and Mandalorians would probably start off as protectorates of the Empire, but grow to independent allies as time goes on.

Perhaps we could have the Hapes Consortium around as well, as a power strong enough to resist the Empire and the Republic (thus staying independent) but not strong enough to be a galactic power itself. There could be an arc where the two sides try to get the Consortium on their side. The Consortium has reasons to side with both (the Stellar Republic is seemingly free from Sith influence, but they're weaker compared to the Empire, and the Empire has strength and is led by the ones who defeated Vader, who nearly conquered the Consortium, but was also controlled by Vader and Constantine, two Sith). Their attitude towards Vader might also work to hint at Thrawn's true identity, with them considering a terrible villain and Luke and his band as heroes for defeating him, much to Thrawn/Kylo Ren's fury. He manages to hide most of it, and what little slips out can be attributed to his irritation at the Empire having an actual hold in the discussions, but it's a good hint at who he really is.

Sounds good to me. Besides, I was always a fan of the concept of cartoon series having a movie as their finale, to make it a truly Grand Finale. Movie might have Kylo Ren/Darth Caedus temporarily emerging victorious with some sort of new super weapon, with the final battle having heroes from both sides confronting him, with Caedus calling on his father to help him. Caedus and the dark soul of Vader merge into the ultimate Lord of Darkness, and it's only thanks to the efforts of all the heroes in the series working together to finally cast down the two Dark Lords once and for all.

The Star Wars-verse is a bit weird about Earth names. You have Han and Qui-Gon, Luke and Obi-Wan, Leia and Padme, Alex (Darth Malek) and Revan. The Sequel Trilogy has had a lot more 'normal' names (Finn, Poe, Rose), but also names like Hux, Rey, and...what was the Resistance Admiral's name? Holden? Point is, it seems the humans of the Star Wars-verse can go from Earth names to sci-fi names at the drop of a hat. So, all that being said, her name meaning Shepherd instead of just being Shepherd is fine by me. And yeah, I guess Phasma could be her last name, it just always seemed like a first name to me.

Plus having a few less powerful states in the galaxy is somewhat more plausible than having one state stretching across the cosmos. And that's not including the entities that consist of merely one or two solar systems. The reason why the Hutts aren't more powerful is because they like the status quo. They grew wealthy because of how disunited the rest of the galaxy was. The "Galactic Empire" is mostly human-dominated but with considerable alien minorities. The UGF is more cosmopolitan with a melting pot of various races that the Sith encouraged as a way to make it seem like they weren't controlling the Stellar Republic. It's one of the few positive contributions the Sith made to the UGF, like how most people can recognize that the Autobahn was one of the few good ideas the Nazis had. Good idea on the Wookies and the Mandalorians. Especially the Mandalorians. I had the idea of the Wookies being vaguely the Star Wars answer to the Klingons.

Maybe the Consortium would eventually decide that economic, but not political or military, ties to both factions would be the best idea. Plus they'd position themselves as the people the Empire and the UGF can use as a middleman to help foster diplomatic efforts between the two states in the awkward period after Kylo Ren's War. I do like them unintentionally making Kylo Ren's Thrawn disguise slip in his fury.

It wouldn't be nearly as dramatic if the heroes didn't have an "all is lost moment" at some point in the movie. Most of the movie would be dedicated to them gathering allies to fight Caedus. When he gets possessed by Vader we'd have him speak with both Kylo Ren's unnamed voice actor and James Earl Jones's voice. To show that they've merged.

I wouldn't worry about the sequel trilogy's naming conventiions. While I'm mining them for ideas they still wouldn't exist. Mostly because they were initially planned by Disney to wash out the bad taste of prequel out of our mouths. Which makes it ironic that they needed the Han Solo prequel to wash out the bad taste of "The Last Jedi" out of people's mouths.

Or maybe Phasma's people have the surname first like how people in some Asian countires like China and Japan do. So it'd be Captain [SURNAME] Phasma instead of Captain Phasma [SURNAME]. It'd be a nice change of pace from the universe assuming that all characters use the Western way of ordering names.

That would more appropriately be the Trandoshans (assuming they exist ITTL and are the same as OTL).

The Wookiees replaced the Ewoks in Revenge of the Jedi ITTL, so either way, the Wookiees have no love for any evil faction (Empire, Trade Federation, First Order, etc) in the SW canon.

Since Warner Brothers sold DC I feel that WB won't have has many super hero shows. They may still air Static Shock. Speaking of comics , I believe that Image Comics is not suppose to exist because Eclipse comics survives and conuitnece to be the big creator own publisher (unless Donald J Trump flat buys them out and decides to stop the creator own policy in an act of hubris). I still think that a few of the comic artist who formed image OTL may still form there own comics. Hows about Warner brothers buying out atleast one of those possible companies and milestone media to form a comic company and provide them with matairl to make superhero cartoons. Also It may be a good idea for them to revive golden age comic companies like centaur and fox publications. Plus Archie companies has a line of super heroes .They includeded the shield (a patoric themed hero who beat captin america by a few months) ,fly, black hood ect). Perhaps warner buys out archie with the inet to revie there hero line

Since Warner Brothers sold DC I feel that WB won't have has many super hero shows. They may still air Static Shock. Speaking of comics , I believe that Image Comics is not suppose to exist because Eclipse comics survives and conuitnece to be the big creator own publisher (unless Donald J Trump flat buys them out and decides to stop the creator own policy in an act of hubris). I still think that a few of the comic artist who formed image OTL may still form there own comics. Hows about Warner brothers buying out atleast one of those possible companies and milestone media to form a comic company and provide them with matairl to make superhero cartoons. Also It may be a good idea for them to revive golden age comic companies like centaur and fox publications. Plus Archie companies has a line of super heroes .They includeded the shield (a patoric themed hero who beat captin america by a few months) ,fly, black hood ect). Perhaps warner buys out archie with the inet to revie there hero line

Perhaps WB gets the license to produce The Mighty Crusaders the flagship "superhero" animated series for its Saturday lineup. However, with Bruce Timm (likely) working Screen Gems on what I assume will be TTL's version of Superman: The Animated Series, it will need a different show runner.

In regards to Milestone Media, perhaps the fledgling company could attract some superstars from Marvel for some creator-owned work. Spawn comes to mind as the character is African-American so Todd MacFarlane brings his creation to the company. Similarly, Jim Lee could also create some variant on WildC.A.T.s (albeit with a more diverse line-up) and perhaps Gen 13 as its answer to the Teen Titans. However, the arrangement would be thus: MacFarlane and Lee would have their studios under the Milestone banner, but own their characters outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.